NOT Team Sanchez

Howdy fellas! A few Q's for y'all.

Well I've been saving up for most of the summer ( I love/hate being a student ) and was able to finally able to buy a dh bike. I've always loved MC's unique designs and I'm really stoked to have bought an '05 Shockwave 9.5 here on the classifieds at a great price (Thanks again BRPrider). I was just curious to find out a few things about my new rig; Where was the '05 Shockwave made? And what type of spring should I run at 210 lbs with a 5th Element? I'll be picking up the bike this Friday and will be getting some stoke up quick, and I may even try my first dh race this month at Brian Head!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    The 05 Shockwave was manufactured in Portland, Oregon.

Progressive recommended a little more sag the most manufactures (up to 40%)
    A 210 pound rider using a 450 lb spring will yield about 28% sag
    A 210 pound rider using a 443 lb spring will yield about 33% sag

Its going to be a little difficult to find a 443 lb spring so maybe with all your gear on the sag (using a 450 lb spring) will be 33 % that is what most DH spec is around.

Its a SIC bike and good luck at the races. If you want to purchase a MC DH jersey please contact john@mountaincycle.com

NOT Team Sanchez
    I've got a 400# Ti spring that I don't want to give up..........I needed to go on a diet anyway I'd love to get a jersey, what do they cost? And thanks for the helpful reply, I'm stoked to be on such a cool bike, and part of what seems to be a very tight knit group of riders!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Nice bike! The rear brake line looks tight across the lower main frame and swingarm pivot area.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    FYI if you shooting for a target rider weight than 190 lbs using your 400# spring would be 33% sag.

If you want to purchase a MC DH jersey please contact john@mountaincycle.com
    They are around $50 USD

NOT Team Sanchez
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx

Check this link out, I surfed around and found it, I think it's a pretty handy little resource. They've got it by susp design, stroke, inches of travel, and even different rear shocks! On their spring calculator it has me around 210 lbs for a 400 lb spring, if running a 5th element.
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    HOT DANG! I took the S dub for the inaugural ride up at Deer Valley Utah this weekend and this bike makes itself a bowl of rocks, pours milk on them, busts out a spoon, and literally eats them!!!! Not too mention I was blown away by the quality and aesthetics of the frame, I cannot believe this bike doesn't get more attention.

Now that I've ridden my S dub I have a few more questions; On my floating brake should the rod ends have some lateral movement or should they be taut? Where can I get some new O rings for my fork stop?

I really should have taken some pics, I'm sorry, I was too busy having a ball on this rig.......not to mention my buddies were always way back (DD22 you did well) and I didn't want to wait I even beat some semi pro riders down the hill by a large margin! Oh yeah, they were women semi pro riders, and one of them crashed, but still!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    MC has o-rings or your local hardware store

NOT Team Sanchez

Modifying the Nine Five!

My progressive 5th died (9.5x3), as they often seem to do, and so I took my old Romic off of my old Nicolai and had it rebuilt by Romic. (yes they still do rebuilds, only $40, Romic you're da man!) The Romic is a 9x2.75, which is why I wanted to give it a go because I figured it'd slacken out my head angle and drop my bottom bracket. Given that my current HA was around 67.3 while running my Go-Ride flat crowns, I'd say I'm now sitting around 66.5 or so, perfect. My bottom bracket now rests at 14.1'', and at full sag around 12.3''. I've put three runs in on it, and after a moment to readjust, man did it really shred.

One question for the MC faithful; does running a 150x12 achieve a laterally stiffer rear? I think that the floating brake unit out of operating necessity is more "limber".......all those extra bearings and such.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Howdy fellas! A few Q's for y'all.-photo0019.jpg  

Last edited by wasea04; 02-15-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    I like bikes.

G..
    mtbr member
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]