Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to fix mc

mtbr member

How to fix mc

I have an idea of how to fix the complete sad sack shadow of what MC used to be. Its easy, and while it will cost you, its worth it in the end.

Hire me.

I know Mountain Cycle, its history, and what the brand REALLY is. Unlike many current brands, Mountain CYcle actually has a unique and unmatched personality, and a history that dwarfs others. Heres a list:

• I can design your bikes, and seemingly a hell of a lot better than your current guys can. I have enough experience in the industry to design your rides without doing the hideously stupid things that have appeared on the new lineup. Once Im done, we hand it to your engineers, and let them figure out the tech details, FEA, final pivot placement, etc...but let me start your base off properly.
    • I can rebuild your brand image in the way Mr. Reisinger intended. No clown bikes with stupid toptubes and horrible eye searing graphics. Instead we just make solid, dependable and well performing bikes the way the brand always was. Reach back to the roots and rediscover what make MC so good and unique.
    • I can brand you properly. Look, image is everything. I can name at least 5 companies offhand that survive solely on their image while pushing shitty products onto the market and profiting handily. I can fix your clownish website, fix your laughable marketing campaigns, and make you look like you SHOULD rather than a half assed company thats out of touch with current riders. I can regraphic your bikes in a way that doesn't make them look like the latest walmart bikes, and so, so much more.

Your company is hurting. You can deny it all you want, but a lot of the "features" on the new bikes are stupid, thoughtless and altogether idiotic, all while handily being out of touch with ANY current trend or design.

So lets chat. I <3 you MC, and I have since my first since my first Shockwave. Lets chat. What do you have to lose? You've already lost everything, so why not chat with me, and I'll show you how ot fix it. Its not that hard to be honest. You need a good, cohesive plan that can be executed in a year. I got that, and more.

I don't want to see a once great company fade away and die. Drop me a line, lets chat and I'll bring you back again.

<3
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think it's a great idea!

I love the OLD Mountain cycle but the new stuff is an eyesore. I'll never by another one again if this is how it will be in the future.

Give Dropmachine a call, he's been in this community for a long damn time. Like he said, you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I think it's a great idea, but there's nobody home....
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com View Post
    I have an idea of how to fix the complete sad sack shadow of what MC used to be. Its easy, and while it will cost you, its worth it in the end.

Hire me.

I know Mountain Cycle, its history, and what the brand REALLY is. Unlike many current brands, Mountain CYcle actually has a unique and unmatched personality, and a history that dwarfs others. Heres a list:

• I can design your bikes, and seemingly a hell of a lot better than your current guys can. I have enough experience in the industry to design your rides without doing the hideously stupid things that have appeared on the new lineup. Once Im done, we hand it to your engineers, and let them figure out the tech details, FEA, final pivot placement, etc...but let me start your base off properly.
    • I can rebuild your brand image in the way Mr. Reisinger intended. No clown bikes with stupid toptubes and horrible eye searing graphics. Instead we just make solid, dependable and well performing bikes the way the brand always was. Reach back to the roots and rediscover what make MC so good and unique.
    • I can brand you properly. Look, image is everything. I can name at least 5 companies offhand that survive solely on their image while pushing shitty products onto the market and profiting handily. I can fix your clownish website, fix your laughable marketing campaigns, and make you look like you SHOULD rather than a half assed company thats out of touch with current riders. I can regraphic your bikes in a way that doesn't make them look like the latest walmart bikes, and so, so much more.

Your company is hurting. You can deny it all you want, but a lot of the "features" on the new bikes are stupid, thoughtless and altogether idiotic, all while handily being out of touch with ANY current trend or design.

So lets chat. I <3 you MC, and I have since my first since my first Shockwave. Lets chat. What do you have to lose? You've already lost everything, so why not chat with me, and I'll show you how ot fix it. Its not that hard to be honest. You need a good, cohesive plan that can be executed in a year. I got that, and more.

I don't want to see a once great company fade away and die. Drop me a line, lets chat and I'll bring you back again.

<3
    that's a nice thought but alan kang believes he knows more than anyone in the industry. i doubt he's going to take your opinion. look what he did to chumba. mountain cycle is headed down the crapper with him in charge, there's no coming back

DIY all the way
    At least they could up the quality a bit. The welds on the frames on their website, looks like something that happened during an epileptic attack.

The old MC frames looked like they were of much higher quality.

As for the design, it would be down to a taste matter.
    I for one think the new designs seems good.

Magura

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    that's a nice thought but alan kang believes he knows more than anyone in the industry. i doubt he's going to take your opinion. look what he did to chumba. mountain cycle is headed down the crapper with him in charge, there's no coming back
    Good point but lets hope he can look past his ego and start paying attention to the bigger picture. (fingers crossed)

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Alan kang thinks that you are wrong.

Hey you don't need a shop soiled or second hand bike missing parts passed off as a new one sent to the other side of the world do you? Alan can sort you out. Actually he won't and no one else in MC will answer any emails regarding parts or frames.

I'll keep my Sannie up an running myself and if anything breaks (it hasn't in over 10 years) I'll sort it out myself...

mtbr member
    Post your resume here.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

AZ
    banned
    My Resume:

I could not possibly be worse than Alan/Oscar at running a once respected bike company.

AZ.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    My Resume:

I could not possibly be worse than Alan/Oscar at running a once respected bike company.

AZ.
    I was referring top the OP.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    I was referring top the OP.

I'm not that bad, really!

mtbr member
    Your bad to the bone!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

DIY all the way
    Define "not that bad"

Magura

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Magura View Post
    Define "not that bad"

Magura
    Yeah, it's all relative really

mtbr member
    Define "not that bad"

Magura
    Not very good.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

AZ
    banned
    Define "not that bad"

Magura
    Quote Originally Posted by donny70 View Post
    Yeah, it's all relative really
    Not very good.

Any way you look at it, its a fail. Fail at being really good, fail at being really bad.

shut up legs
    they need simplicity with a stealthy design...some of the things that were done were nothing short of hideous....I'm all for change and please redesign a cx bike and not try to push the 29 HT off as a cx bike
    ---->Fat Bike Fenders & More
    Salsa Mukluk | Salsa El Mariachi | Salsa Spearfish
    Mountain Cycle Stumptown

mtbr member
    I've said this on here a million times,and I'll say it again..
    I'd just like to see a lighter trail frame based on the Battery design in different sizes.

I would buy that today

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrumble69 View Post
    I'd just like to see a lighter trail frame based on the Battery design in different sizes.

I would buy that today
    That would be nice. Like a 5" travel frame?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

I would buy that today
    I just bought 2 batttery frames yesterday.
    I'll just put lighter parts on them.

mtbr member
    They're great if you're like 5' tall.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    That would be nice. Like a 5" travel frame?
    Exactly. Basically a replacement for the Fury.
    Don't get me wrong I still love my Fury,but the geometry,and sizing needs modernizing.

mtbr member
    That would be cool!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Exactly. Basically a replacement for the Fury.
    Don't get me wrong I still love my Fury,but the geometry,and sizing needs modernizing.
    Just so long as you don't modernize all the character out of it...
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

Hmmmmm

I would buy that today
    Yep and an updated fury type bike.
    It's funny, they asked us what we thought a few years back and not one idea made it to the table.
    Several of us said "no fancy linkages with a high forward single pivot"
    I even used Commencal as an example of what not to do if they stuck with a single pivot design.
    More than some of us thought an anniversary edition should have offered a polished frame and retro graphics.
    The satin black anodizing on the Fury is always a compliment getter, but noooooo, we couldn't have a frame or two offered in that either.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast