mtbr member

Good crank for freeride

Whats a good crank that I can still pedal uphill really well with. I have a TruVativ Holzfeller for DH but want to take her uphill in the local trail here. Any ideas?
    09 Giant Trance X3

SDH
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

no question

Quote Originally Posted by nick425
    Whats a good crank that I can still pedal uphill really well with. I have a TruVativ Holzfeller for DH but want to take her uphill in the local trail here. Any ideas?

SLX

mtbr member
    Many good cranks out there. I'm shocked that everyone has not responded here (yet). I was running the Race Face XC for a while and now use the Areozine X-11. The TruVativ Stylo are also nice.

Hmmmmm
    Shimano SLX and Saint.
    Used with a Shimano Chain, durabiltiy and shifting quality are very tough to beat right now.
    I have a SLX tripple and like it a lot.
    Some have said they don't get good bearing life out of the Shimano BBs, but I've gotten 2 to 2.5 years of desert riding out of them.
    That translates to at least 4k miles (6437kilometers).
    I think some people don't realize, that you can reset the Shimano bearings as they wear. I suspect when things loosen up some, they throw them away, when all you have to do, is loosen the pinch bolts on the non drive side and re-tighten the end cap. Then re-tighten the crank's pinch bolts.
    Just don't use a pressure washer on them. (On any bearings)
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

~Disc~Golf~
    I recommend something from the Oregon chapter of the Hell's Angels - they always have the good stuff.
    You may want to expand to crystal, or even ice tho - even better for Freebasing,...err riding
    Honestly... ahh I give up