mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Fury Swingarm Crack

Fury owners; check your swingarms. After reading a post by HHMTB about his Fury having a crack on the underside of the swingarm. I checked mine out. Ouch, there it was a long crack. It is on the underside of the drive side of the swingarm. Mine also had a pinhole in it. See the picture. I am an XC rider who only occasionally took 3 foot or less drops and jumps on the Fury. I have about 3600 miles on the Fury since 2010.

I have a local welder taking care of it the crack. Will post pictures when it is done.

urmb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fury Swingarm Crack-cracked-swingarm-medium-.jpg  

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a \mountain or fat/ bike.” ~ John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Picked up my MC Fury Swingarm today. Welder did a nice job on it. He commented that he was able to get good penetration. He also put down a nice bead on top of the first weld.

Just in case any of you are wondering about welding aluminum and heat treating, 7000 series aluminum can be welded without sophisticated heat treating. I have been told by a different aluminum welder who repaired two other aluminum frames for me that 6000 series is a different story. He also sent me Easton Aluminum frame building tech documents. If anyone is interested, send me a pm and I will send you an electronic copy.

urmb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fury Swingarm Crack-1-fury-swingarm-crack-repair-may-2012-medium-.jpg  

Fury Swingarm Crack-2-fury-swingarm-crack-repair-may-2012-medium-.jpg  

Fury Swingarm Crack-3-fury-swingarm-crack-repair-may-2012-medium-.jpg  

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of riding a \mountain or fat/ bike.” ~ John F. Kennedy

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    ouch, looks like a decent repair n e ways