jzt
    mtbr member

Fury questions Pt II: Ario shock

Hi,

Its me again with the recently purchased Fury. I have a question for other Fury owners with the Ario shock.

Do any of you find it to be overdamped? I have put in enough pressure to give me 30% sag, so my preload should be ideal. However I notice the compression is really slow and sluggish. I understand most current shocks have some kind of low-speed compression damping built in to eliminate pedal feedback, but this one doesn't seem speed-sensitive, rather its just very damped throughout the entire stroke. The rear end skips and bounces over bumps rather than soaking it in, and I even notice how sluggishly the suspension reacts when dropping off 1ft kerbs.

There are no external tuning options for the compression aside from the lockout, and I would happily strip open the damping unit and replace the oil with a lighter weight, but Rockshox have cleverly made it so you need special tools to open the damper (ie: non user serviceable).

I am on the verge of ordering a new Fox Float shock, and just wanted to know if any other Fury owners have the same issues with their Ario, or if I just got a lemon.

G..
    mtbr member
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]