mtbr member
    Oct 2009

fury frame pivot problem

got my new frame today and tried to bolt the rear swing arm on like on the old frame but theres no thread on the pivot point on the frame. so thought the one on the old frame must be an insert or threaded sleeve but i cant seem to remove it to use it on new frame any advice?

G..
    mtbr member
    Hey Rob,

John will get on the case for you over at the MC forums.
    ---
    Design Guy [SanAndreas 2.0, Zen II]

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by robwsurf
    got my new frame today and tried to bolt the rear swing arm on like on the old frame but theres no thread on the pivot point on the frame. so thought the one on the old frame must be an insert or threaded sleeve but i cant seem to remove it to use it on new frame any advice?

It is a known issue.

There is fury model( appx from the first one up to 2006) with a tread M6 and late frames with an insert + tread M5

How to check it on the spot? If you rotating the bolt from one side and the other bolt rotating parallel It is the last system with sleeve, if not, it is the old one.

I have in my possession both of them and prefer to use bigger tread, it is better mechanically.

The San Andreas, Sin, Shock Wave 9.5 all of them with the old system, M6 tread with out sleeve/insert.

If in the stock of MC no frame M6 tread, you need to do it by your means. I will do it for my self in the future, probably will make a post a bout it with explanations why and how.

But remember, we will loose our guarantee at MC