mtbr member
    Dec 2006

fox float RL...san andreas suspension...

Hello, i have a 00'/01' 10th anniversary san andreas frame kit i bought brand new and am just now building it up...yes its been sitting in the box brand spanking new all these years!...im a full rigid single speeder at heart and havent kept up with suspension designs over the years so now my old bones needs a rest from the rigid beatings and i need a little help with the suspension!.....anyway i didnt specify back then what san andreas frame so they sent me the DHS model with the 7.5" eye to eye aftershock coil shock spec'd on the frame...i want to tone it down a bit so i bought a 6.5" eye to eye fox float RL off epay for it but the bushing sleeves(i think thats what they are called!) are too small of an OD from the aftershock...im pretty sure the fox needs a 1/2" OD sleeve and the ones from the aftershock are smaller than that...where could i find the correct OD sleeves?...do i have to "cobble" some up myself?...is there someone on here perhaps that could cobble some up for me!?....please let me know if anyone can point me in the right direction!....also which front fork and what length travel would compliment the fox float RL for the san andreas frame?...any suggestions?.....oh yeah i ride mostly cross country with a small pinch of all mountain....thanks!

Hmmmmm
    I think they are 22mm X 6mm bushings/adaptors. I know that works for most (but not all) MC products.
    You should be able to order them from any local bike shop. Fox hardware is easy to get.

As far as forks go, a 125 - 130mm fork would be best for your intended setup, although a 140mm will work.
    Something with 500 - 518mm axle to crown.

Also check out:
    http://Mountaincycle.com
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...