mtbr member

Female riders build kits

Check out the MC forms www.mountaincycle.com for your opinion on build kits for the female rider. All opinions are welcome but female opinions trump.

ride hard take risks
    Are you talking Female specific frame geometry or component or both??
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Ohhh MC, please don't focus on this now... the DH niche isn't small enough for you that you need to make it even smaller by targeting the female market?? I'm starting to wonder what exactly is going on over there these days. Seriously, leave the WSD to Trek and focus on making good (and new) models.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Think they're just talking about build kits not frames at the moment.
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!

mtbr member
    Yep just talk... please relax... were not here to re-invent the wheel.

ride hard take risks
    Their are really no Female Specific components other than Pink which shouldnt apply.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    Sorry The quote/reference you used on the site was a lil confusing.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Not for nothing jrcxu but the female market is getting huge. Ask Transition bikes how popular there Siren bike is. And not for nothing but im gonna guarantee that my girlfriend can out ride almost every guy i ride with, and it doesnt matter what biking style XC or down hill she pins it all the way. And sadly enough she did ride a MC Sin but it started to make some weird creaking noise so i built a Jamis XAM for her. She rode a female friends Siren and i had to ordered one last week. So yes go down this rode MC. Yes maybe a niche market but worth it in my eyes.
    Mike G.

Mountain Cyclist
    Oct 2007
    There's a difference between knowing chicks who ride and trying to support/sustain a business model around such a small market that, regardless of growth, will never be huge/profitable, and certainly not worth such a concentrated effort to focus on satisfying. The market I'm referring to is the all-mtn, dirt jump, DH market, the one MC appears to be going after.

I work at a shop that targets only the mountain bike market, and girls around here have big ol gel seats on their Trek hybrids. Not Sins or 5+ in travel bikes. That's my experience, and that's what's selling around here. Well, you might say 'sure, thats because there's no downhill runs in your area.' Sure, you're right, but thats my point. Hell, when I lived in Boulder, the biking capitol of the US, aside from Portland (but with mountains), they were all on road bikes. If you pull back to see the bigger picture, 99.5% of women will never ride a Sin or any long travel bike for that matter. That's all I'm saying.
    Mountain Cycle Zen
    Mountain Cycle Moho STS
    Felt F75

mtbr member
    Thank F### one of the .5% is daft enough to go out with me!!
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!