mtbr member

custom purple battery

Here you go, a frame that I am building up for my fiancee.

mtbr member
    Should be great for the fiancee. I think the color of the couch makes it look like puke. I think it would look good against a different background.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    the pictures don't do the color much justice, its really a dark purple like this one

mtbr member
    Sweet!!! That's the first custom color Battery I've seen. I like it

Please post pics when you get it built up.

Hmmmmm
    I like it too. What kind of trim you gonna put on it?
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    I bet if you email Mountain Cycle, they will send you the EPS file for the logo. Then you could get it cut and have proper stickers on there. Great idea though! I love purple bikes.

Stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    I bet if you email Mountain Cycle, they will send you the EPS file for the logo. Then you could get it cut and have proper stickers on there. Great idea though! I love purple bikes.
    WOW Drop that's an interesting bike. FS with Hookworms,Ti spring,etc...
    What model Kona frame,and rims are those?

It really brings back fond memories of the Purple Ano craze in the early 90's

mtbr member
    That bike was one of the best things I've ever owned.

Its a Kona Cowan FS. 4.5" travel, made for jumping around. The hookworms fwere for downtown urban sillyness. I had different wheels for the trail that were lighter and knobbed.

The coil didn't work too well, too progressive. Eventually I went to an air shock, and it was great fun.

It wasn't a bike that was particularly good at anything, but it was fun on EVERYTHING, ya know? So hard to find that these days.
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com
    That bike was one of the best things I've ever owned.

Its a Kona Cowan FS. 4.5" travel, made for jumping around. The hookworms fwere for downtown urban sillyness. I had different wheels for the trail that were lighter and knobbed.

The coil didn't work too well, too progressive. Eventually I went to an air shock, and it was great fun.

It wasn't a bike that was particularly good at anything, but it was fun on EVERYTHING, ya know? So hard to find that these days.
    Cool!!! Actually the reason I asked was because I had a 2002 Kona Bear and did the same thing.
    I put the Hookworm wheelset from my Rumble on it one Winter,and used it for City riding/staircase huck sessions. It was fun as hell..

I've actually been considering a Battery for the same reasons

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I'm looking into the battery at the moment for that sort of thing, a general do it all play bike. Play in the street (with a change of rubber), play on the jumps, light DH.

Not worried about weight, just about building something made for messing around on and having fun.

I think the purple colour fits that as well, should look sweet when built, although I would end up chasing down purple ano for everything if I went down that road.

mtbr member
    How is this build comming along?
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    This is another reason I don't get what the current MC owners are doing.

The Battery looks completely AMAZING, yet it doesn't get pushed at all. ANd they only build it for midgets. I don't get it. Make that thing a 2011 bike, build it for regular sized humans, and I bet that thing becomes a massive hit. Hell I'd buy one in a heart beat. Its amazing looking, even without ISCG mounts. Its kind of what the industry could use, to be honest. Well, I saw that without actually seeing one, so who knows what its really like. But just from the site and reading about it, I want!
    Stuff.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dropmachine.com View Post
    This is another reason I don't get what the current MC owners are doing.

The Battery looks completely AMAZING, yet it doesn't get pushed at all. ANd they only build it for midgets. I don't get it. Make that thing a 2011 bike, build it for regular sized humans, and I bet that thing becomes a massive hit. Hell I'd buy one in a heart beat. Its amazing looking, even without ISCG mounts. Its kind of what the industry could use, to be honest. Well, I saw that without actually seeing one, so who knows what its really like. But just from the site and reading about it, I want!
    I agree the battery is a great looking bike and after getting one can say it honestly looks even better in the flesh, but having had my hands on the Zen II, I think the zen is a far better bike. Only rating the visual aspect there as both bikes are obviously designed for completely different uses.

When you look at the battery sizing though, you have to remember what it was designed for. For its intended use it is spot on. I have a list of things you could tweak on it to make a great trail bike (without really changing the looks), but then it would hardly be a battery. It would be a great bike though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I have a list of things you could tweak on it to make a great trail bike (without really changing the looks), but then it would hardly be a battery. It would be a great bike though.
    Lets see that list LOL

Seriously though, I'd love to build one up as a do it all bike, but also use it as my full time trail bike.
    I'm kinda getting bored of my Fury. I've had it too long.
    I'm short (5ft 7in) and poor so at the going price it's hard to resist.

I've used a 33-36 lb (depending on build) SC Bullit as a full time trail bike before so weight really doesn't bother me.

mtbr member
    I would like to see one set up as a trail bike.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    If the bike rides as well as it looks, I may well do just that with mine and try and set it up as a do it all bike. Mind you, I like a single ring on the front so it would only be a few weight loss changes that inwoild be looking at.

Any updates on the purple frame.