mtbr member

Club Mountain Cycle! Check it out!

Hey Everyone!

I just started a Facebook group at:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ClubM...Cycle/members/

Here is the description, please join and lets keep MC alive!!

This group was created in order for MC fans to discuss anything MC, past present and future. This cutting edge brand of bikes was created in the late '80's by a really great guy by the name of Robert Reisinger, in San Luis Obispo, California, USA. Here in the USA, we enjoy many freedoms. Among them is freedom of speech. I urge you to voice your opinions, share MC stories, share tips, etc. As long as it's Mountain Cycle related, without the fear of being censored. All I ask is that you are respectfull at all times, to other members. So please help me to make this a place where we can get our MC fix, when we are not riding our MC bikes.
    Thanks,
    Shawn

P.S.- I am a little new to using FB, so be patient. I'm learning how to use all the features.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    What was wrong with Donny's Facebook group?

Mountaincycle Fanclub https://www.facebook.com/groups/296660760405714/

Going strong with 60 odd members after a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    What was wrong with Donny's Facebook group?

Mountaincycle Fanclub https://www.facebook.com/groups/296660760405714/

Going strong with 60 odd members after a few weeks.
    It's members adding members, with only a couple participating.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Plenty of people participating in the Mountaincycle Fanclub https://www.facebook.com/groups/296660760405714/ at the moment, but if what you said was the case, surely starting a second group only fragments people creating two thinly used groups.

mtbr member
    Plenty of people participating in the Mountaincycle Fanclub https://www.facebook.com/groups/296660760405714/ at the moment, but if what you said was the case, surely starting a second group only fragments people creating two thinly used groups.
    Oh well, then maybe the other group should be fair and balanced. All he is worried about is getting more of the G Cool Aid. Here's a little hint for G: I was told Ideation is taking an interest to what he has to say. And it's not interest I would be interested in. In my group, you can talk about anything MC as long as you're respectful to others. Im not going to kick out people for stating facts or even opinions. As long as you're not calling each other names and stuff like that. Like G telling me to eff off on Facebook, that's does no one any good. But hearing both sides of the story is good. And If MC is going to come back, they are going to read this stuff. And learning what really happened, hearing both sides of the story will help them in the future. Remember, there are always two sides to every story. So, if you're just interested in a one sided story, then go over there and stay over there. I will no longer discuss this with you.

All I want is MC to come back and be a successful company again. At least, I hope, we all have that in common.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Seems fair and balanced to me, your posts just come across as an unhealthy obsession in sledging someone you don't get along with.

Don't quiet understand what your trying to say there.
    I got kicked out because I stated my opinion Re: the new stuff.

You don't need to understand. G will understand.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Oh well, then maybe the other group should be fair and balanced.
    Seems fair and balanced to me, your posts just come across as an unhealthy obsession in sledging someone you don't get along with.

Here's a little hint for G: I was told Ideation is taking an interest to what he has to say. And it's not interest I would be interested in.

mtbr member
    I got kicked out because I stated my opinion Re: the new stuff.

You don't need to understand. G will understand.
    Sorry, that should have been down here. I time traveled again.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member

The only thing I said there was that the new stuff is garbage. And I posted to links to this site so people could read for themselves and come to their own conclusion.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Yes, there is two sides to a story, and you are not even close to wanting to know both sides. Its obvious you are pushing your own little conspiracy theories and agendas and even if the truth (whatever that is) smacked you in the face, you would never know.

Your hung up one someone you don't like and will never have a chance of being objective in what went on.
    I am wanting and learning both sides. Because both sides in the end are to blame. G makes it sound like it was all Ideation's fault. I have no problem with G, other then what happened at MC. I'm sure he is a great guy. But there is fault on both sides.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    As long as you're not calling each other names and stuff like that. Like G telling me to eff off on Facebook, that's does no one any good. But hearing both sides of the story is good. And If MC is going to come back, they are going to read this stuff. And learning what really happened, hearing both sides of the story will help them in the future. Remember, there are always two sides to every story. So, if you're just interested in a one sided story, then go over there and stay over there. I will no longer discuss this with you.

All I want is MC to come back and be a successful company again. At least, I hope, we all have that in common.
    Yes, there is two sides to a story, and you are not even close to wanting to know both sides. Its obvious you are pushing your own little conspiracy theories and agendas and even if the truth (whatever that is) smacked you in the face, you would never know.

Your hung up one someone you don't like and will never have a chance of being objective in what went on.

mtbr member
    I want to clarify what I said above. The only problem I have with G is that I have never heard him take any blame for what happened at MC. All I hear is him putting the blame on others. He made some mistakes, we all do that and learn from them. But come on man, except some of the blame. If he would do that I would shut my mouth and never bring it up again.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    You were asked to stop being rude and were given more than enough chances. You seemed to have a problem with one or 2 members or the group. At some point you just have to draw a line in the sand and move forwards you know. You said it was a media outlet but it's not, it's just a facebook group with no agenda, no moral high ground, just a place to exchange build info etc. Just a community you know?

It's about all MC bikes in the end not just the San Andreas which I love and I have. Jesus can't everyone just leave their baggage at the door and get along?

Man I'm tired, I don't know how my dad was a teacher for 50 years...
    Last edited by donny70; 05-13-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny70 View Post
    You were asked to stop being rude and were given more than enough chances. You seemed to have a problem with one or 2 members or the group. At some point you just have to draw a line in the sand and move forwards you know. You said it was a media outlet but it's not, it's just a facebook group with no agenda, no moral high ground, just a place to exchange build info etc. Just a community you know?

It's about all MC bikes in the end not just the San Andreas which I love and I have. Jesus can't everyone just leave their baggage at the door and get along?

Man I'm tired, I don't know how my dad was a teacher for 50 years...
    I can see how you feel that way, no hard feelings here. Im sorry if I said things about the new stuff that you didn't like. Feel free to check out Club Mountain Cycle and join if you want. I think you would enjoy seeing the stuff that Robert Reisinger and early employees of MC have posted, it's pretty cool. Let me know if you see a DNA frame for sale, I would really like to pick one up. Go get some sleep man!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    No problem with the opinion on new or old just the delivery. I'll definitely keep an eye out for a DNA for you tho...
    Last edited by donny70; 05-14-2012 at 04:45 AM.
    My Rides:
    Mountain Cycle San Andreas VPS
    Mountain Cycle Rumble Ltd.
    Mountain Cycle Battery
    GT STS-2 Carbon
    GT LTS