mtbr member

Cane Creek Bouble Barrel on a San Andreas?

Anyone tried one or seen one on a SA?? I was looking at the CC site, what do you think about their 6.75" x 1.75" size. It would give about 5.25" of travel. I have a 6" travel 5th element on it now, the BB is pretty high even with shorter shock mounts. I have a 130mm Revolution 426 Air up front and I thought this size shock would be a good match for the front? What do you think?
    Last edited by Mountain Cycle Shawn; 05-03-2009 at 09:33 AM.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Hmmmmm
    Piggyback shocks don't always fit. That's the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.
    It's funny, I was talking to Cane Creek at Interbike 08, and I had mentioned the fact that some of us would like a shock with about 7" eye to eye. I was telling them about the San An Classics and even other bikes, that could be fine tuned with such a shock.

That length might be good with the prototype spacer as well.

I had a chance to find out if a Rocco RST would fit at the last race MC attended at Bootleg, but I didn't think to test fit it until after Eric La Point had left. I was just sitting there all day looking at girls.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Im pretty sure it will fit. The 5th Element with a piggyback fits with a lot of room to spare. And the DB has been redesigned, with less material around the eyes and spring preload collar so it will fit more bikes.
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 Santa Cruz Nickel LT
    '08 KTM 530
    '12 Toyota FJ TT
    '05 MiniCooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    Im pretty sure it will fit. The 5th Element with a piggyback fits with a lot of room to spare. And the DB has been redesigned, with less material around the eyes and spring preload collar so it will fit more bikes.
    DO IT The CC is worth every penny