mtbr member
    Dec 2006

To build or not to build?????

So here is the deal. I havent been on here in like for ever due to the fact that i just haven't had a MC bike. Well all of a sudden that's all about to change. I have a fury size small just hanging out on my wall that a friend wants to trade me for my Giant Reign XO straight up. Know here is the problem the build that i would have for the fury has a Marz 66 RC2 eta fork. Wondering if this fork is a little too long? I don't mind having a bike that's a little bit raked out but just not sure if that's too much. And the other question is I'm afraid that this frame is just gonna be too small for me. I'm 6'1" and kind of like a little bit smaller bike but im just not sure if this thing is gonna be too small. Let me know thoughts on this before i build it and hate it. Oh and i have a Rumble coming on Wednesday from MC (thanks John). So if i build this i will have a all MC fleet again minus a DH rig.
    Mike G.

mtbr member
    Hey Mike,
    So your friend has the small Fury and wants your Giant ?
    I'm all for you getting back on the MC wagon, but a small Fury for a 6'1" anyone is a bit short IMO..
    66 on Fury not unheard of but not recommended by MC.
    Save your penny's for the DH rig it will be here.

Hmmmmm
    I have to agree with JRA009.
    I'm 6' 1" and on a large Fury. Even for tight situations a Med seems kinda small for a person our size.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks guys the trade isnt official anyway. I put a fork and wheels on it yesterday with a seat and sat in my bike shop and it just is way too small just sitting there. Oh well maybe when MC comes out with a new version ill get one. Hey JRA009 when is the new DH rig gonna be ready??? Before May of this year???
    Mike G.