Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Battery!

mtbr member

Battery!

Anyone bought a Battery yet? Just ordered mine today, I can't wait!
    SCOTLAND! Where men are men and sheep are scared!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thekiltedskier
    Anyone bought a Battery yet? Just ordered mine today, I can't wait!
    Not yet... Still saving my loot$$$
    Congrats Gus

Mountain Cycle Member
    Me too, but it would probably be the first new frame to order.
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

mtbr member
    Well I've 50/50'd my old 2000 Shockwave which is garage art at the moment - was always way too high for me - don't think that'll be a problem on the Battery. Don't be expecting any pics of me upside down or anything - well not attached to the bike anyway!

Starting to get some bits together..

Magura Thor fork.

And erm that's it so far (apart from the "shed" junkyared which is always to hand!)
    Last edited by thekiltedskier; 04-16-2009 at 01:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Well I've 50/50'd my old 200 Shockwave which is garage art at the moment - was always way too high for me - don't think that'll be a problem on the Battery. Don't be expecting any picks of me upside down or anything - well not attached to the bike anyway!
    Lookin to 50/50 my DNA as soon as I get the other 50 Too many house projects dipping into my MTB account....

mtbr member
    Is there 50% of your DNA left?? lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Is there 50% of your DNA left?? lol
    I may be able to scrape up at least 40%

What color did you go with?

mtbr member
    Black, then changed my mind over the weekend and went with the orange lol. Hopefully here by the weekend, ordered some other bits so it should come together pretty quickly.

Was out in the local woods on Sat with the girlie practicing small jumps and drops. She only goes and piles off one of the biggies thereby forcing me waaaay out of my comfort zone lol. Remebered just how much I love my DNA!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Black, then changed my mind over the weekend
    That is a tough decision! I would have to go with the black, as my wife would easily spot a NEW bright orange bike hanging in the garage

ordered some other bits so it should come together pretty quickly.

BITS!?!?!?! Come on Gus, we want full details

mtbr member
    ok,ok....
    (1) Shimano Cranksets - MTB Saint Crankset M810 175mm 4-Bolt 68/73mm Shell
    (1) Hope Bargain Wheels Pro 2 20mm on Halo Tornado Rim - Front Blue Hub - Black Spokes - White Rim
    (1) Da Bomb Headsets Da Reaction - OnePointFive Reducer Black 1.5" - 1.1/8"
    (1) ODI Grips X-Treme Lock-On Bonus Pack Grey - Black
    (1) Shimano Brakes Disc Saint Disc Brake Front M800 74mm Post Mount - RH Lever
    (1) Shimano Brakes Disc Saint Disc Brake Rear M800 74mm Post Mount - LH Lever
    (1) Blackspire Chainrings - MTB Downhill 7075 Series 4-Bolt 34t Black
    My shopping list from ChainReaction! Also have an MRP type1, Answer Pro Tapers, snow camo saddle/I-Beam post, a tool shed stem, shifter chain and block lol and some creative jiggery pokery with some wheel swaps.

And of course the lovely white shiny Magura Thors! I have the Laurin FCR's on the San An 100-130mm and love them. Thors are the new version but 140mm and 20mm Maxle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    ok,ok....
    (1) Shimano Cranksets - MTB Saint Crankset M810 175mm 4-Bolt 68/73mm Shell
    (1) Hope Bargain Wheels Pro 2 20mm on Halo Tornado Rim - Front Blue Hub - Black Spokes - White Rim
    (1) Da Bomb Headsets Da Reaction - OnePointFive Reducer Black 1.5" - 1.1/8"
    (1) ODI Grips X-Treme Lock-On Bonus Pack Grey - Black
    (1) Shimano Brakes Disc Saint Disc Brake Front M800 74mm Post Mount - RH Lever
    (1) Shimano Brakes Disc Saint Disc Brake Rear M800 74mm Post Mount - LH Lever
    (1) Blackspire Chainrings - MTB Downhill 7075 Series 4-Bolt 34t Black
    My shopping list from ChainReaction! Also have an MRP type1, Answer Pro Tapers, snow camo saddle/I-Beam post, a tool shed stem, shifter chain and block lol and some creative jiggery pokery with some wheel swaps.

And of course the lovely white shiny Magura Thors! I have the Laurin FCR's on the San An 100-130mm and love them. Thors are the new version but 140mm and 20mm Maxle.

All we need now are some build pictures

mtbr member
    Should be here Tuesday.

Here are some very good examples of what I WON'T BE DOING! Although I have been making that groaning noise every time I stand up since Saturday in the woods lol!

Prodigy, Invaders Must Die - TUUUUUUUUNNNE.

mtbr member
    P4230071

Just a mock up - off to the lbs tomorrow to build it up! Best way to describe it? Well burly doesn't really do it, how about burlesque?! All the pics I've seen don't really do the chunkiness justice, can't wait to try it. Could make a great "UK" downhill bike - ie for some of our tight and techy courses where a big bike is just too relaxed. MC ARE BACK!

mtbr member
    P4230071

Just a mock up - off to the lbs tomorrow to build it up! Best way to describe it? Well burly doesn't really do it, how about burlesque?! All the pics I've seen don't really do the chunkiness justice, can't wait to try it. Could make a great "UK" downhill bike - ie for some of our tight and techy courses where a big bike is just too relaxed. MC ARE BACK!
    NICE!!!!! That's going to look sick when it's done..

mtbr member
    P4241601
    Getting there but not happy with crank/swingarm clearance - Saint 09's. Work in progress and waiting an answer from MC as to what cranks they have used succesfully. Not the correct stem, needs to be shorter/steeper but everything else feels great!

mtbr member
    Looks good!!! I'm starting to wonder if a short guy (5 ft 7) could get away with using one of those as a "Do It All" bike.
    Do you know what the center to center TT length is?

mtbr member
    http://www.mountaincycle.com/our-bikes/battery hit the spec sheet button.
    20.2" but I'll double check - yup it is and 14" BB height (Magura Thor 140mm + 2.4 tyres. Bear in mind there is no provision for a front mech (no cable stop) but of course Hammerschmidt would work - bound to be some cheaper versions along soon. I'm same height which is why this thing immediately appealed to me! It's got the feeling that I really wanted on my Cove Stiffee but just can't get - burly wee play bike!

mtbr member
    http://www.mountaincycle.com/our-bikes/battery hit the spec sheet button.
    20.2" but I'll double check - yup it is and 14" BB height (Magura Thor 140mm + 2.4 tyres. Bear in mind there is no provision for a front mech (no cable stop) but of course Hammerschmidt would work - bound to be some cheaper versions along soon. I'm same height which is why this thing immediately appealed to me! It's got the feeling that I really wanted on my Cove Stiffee but just can't get - burly wee play bike!
    Thanks for the info!!!
    I saw the spec sheet but wasn't sure if that TT measurement was center to center or effective. Thanks for the confirmation.
    I'm pretty sure I could get away with 20.2 because my Fury is 20 inch and I use that for everything.
    A 14 inch BB is great for around here, also I prefer slacker bikes so it might just be perfect.
    I'd probably run it single up front, but somewhere in my many boxes of useless parts I have a bolt on cable stop. I guess if I wanted to run a FD I could probably use that and an E type derailleur?

Thanks again for the info!! Let me know how you like it.
    I might just have to start saving

Mountain Cycle Member
    Well I've 50/50'd my old 2000 Shockwave which is garage art at the moment - was always way too high for me - don't think that'll be a problem on the Battery.
    Hmmm, i could do that with my 2000 Shockwave also.
    But i did not had the issue of being to high for my taste.... even with the normal seat tower....

I really like you're Battery already, when i buy mine, it will be the same colour.
    shoot me again, I ain't dead yet

I do not have mountainbikes, I have Mountain Cycles

mtbr member
    Oh it's very, very good. Laggan Wolftrax demo day, rode the red all day. Lots of little rock steps - front comes up so easy, it's SUPER stiff and sprints fantastically. It needs a cable stop for a dual ring! McRumble -= details of that bolt on stop please - mind is scheming.

Intense SlopeStyle was there - 6" travel takes a front mech, ok not pure SS which a few mags have highlighted but really how many people do that?

Kudos for MC being pure SS but for someone like me (play bike!) big market oppurtunity maybe missed. I felt like a numpty pushing up when there were bikes from 0"-10" travel with double/triple set ups riding past me.

But on the way down, or along, or over it's just great!

mtbr member
    Oh it's very, very good. Laggan Wolftrax demo day, rode the red all day. Lots of little rock steps - front comes up so easy, it's SUPER stiff and sprints fantastically. It needs a cable stop for a dual ring! McRumble -= details of that bolt on stop please - mind is scheming.

Intense SlopeStyle was there - 6" travel takes a front mech, ok not pure SS which a few mags have highlighted but really how many people do that?

Kudos for MC being pure SS but for someone like me (play bike!) big market oppurtunity maybe missed. I felt like a numpty pushing up when there were bikes from 0"-10" travel with double/triple set ups riding past me.

But on the way down, or along, or over it's just great!
    NICE!!!! I'd really like to have one BUT I might have to sell my Fury to do it.
    Or save longer

That bolt on stop is an OLD shimano part with a barrel adjuster on it. We found it in the parts bin at the shop. I used it to run a FD on a Identiti Dr Jekyll frame a few years ago.
    I'll dig around and see If I can find it. If so I'll PM you a pic..
    Last edited by mcrumble69; 04-27-2009 at 05:01 PM.

mtbr member
    It needs a cable stop for a dual ring! McRumble -= details of that bolt on stop please - mind is scheming.
    PM Sent..

mtbr member
    So much fun, plans afoot for a double ring set up - various cable stops out there for frames with none, only problem is finding a crankset to clear the swingarm! Race Face Atlas FR has a really wide Q factor according to Uk importer Silverfish so we will see! Saints need a 2.5mm spacer on the non drive side, reduces axle/crank overlap. Apparently the double ring Saint has a lower Q factor so prob won't clear.

So stiff, sprints manically, wheelies (even I managed a 5 pedaller on my drive lol), font wheel pops off drops and it rides tech sections really well. Nearly there with the Thor, need to set suspension up properly rather than just jumping on and saying "sod it I'll fix it later!"

UK prices off the top of my head 745 black anodised with monarch, 825 orange with Marz roco. Shame europe won't switch shocks which I beleive USA will do (?). Bargain.

Hmmmmm
    Hey Gus, I don't know if you can find one, but the LX M-580 Hollowtech II cranks are pretty wide, I know that's why I like them so much.
    I've never liked a narrow crank. They give me knee problems.

Later, Eric.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

mtbr member
    Ta muchly, 'scuse my spelling - bit drunk after a days heliskiing in northern Sweden!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3709059...7617520981146/

Gus

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast