mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Would you buy your MB again ?

Overall is it a great deal ? Too good to be true ? Are MB's closer to Walmart bikes than say Trek?
    Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNatureBoy View Post
    Overall is it a great deal ? Too good to be true ? Are MB's closer to Walmart bikes than say Trek?
    Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, "are MB's closer to Walmart"... is an insult honestly.
    Perhaps if you get BD's Winsor or Gravity bikes, they are "slightly" closer to big box store bikes like Walmarts. But even then, they are still 100% better. But Motobecanes on the other hand are pretty quality bikes. Sure the frames are a bit dated, but honestly, that's like buying a previous years model vs current of a "name brand". As far as components go, you're getting an awesome deal.

I got a Hal5 (and now wish picked up a Hal6 instead), and I could not be any happier. It's got top quality components, and the frame is freakin' tough as nails. I just thrashed it the other day over the weekend at a pretty technical trail (DH), that had plenty of tight switchbacks, berms, steep slopes and drops. I crashed it 3 times, once banging it super hard against some large boulders and it survived with just a few scratches. The two parts of the bike that got destroyed were the bar grips and saddle. But that was expected because it came with those generic ones. But you simply replace them... I just slapped on some RaceFace grips and got a new saddle and also put on some new flats with pegs.

If budget is a concern (that's me), but you still want to get a good quality bike with a few generic details that can easily be replaced, you can't go wrong with Motobecane's upper-end options.

So YES, I will take another one, thank you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I think so! I've got a few hundred miles on the Hal 6 so far and the only real issue I have run into is bending the derailleur hanger which screwed up shifting. The only two downsides are that some of the periphery components, like pedals, stem, and seatpost are lacking compared to some other offerings, and not buying from an LBS. If you are ok with those two things then you can have an incredible bike for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk