mtbr member
    Sep 2006

windsor and motobecane bikes

I am seriously thinking about buying one of these very soon, namely the cliff team 29er, and the only sales site that comes up when searching is bikesdirect. Does anyone else sell these in a similar fashion to BD? Are they the only place to buy a new windsor/motobecane?
    I know stores like Hudson Trail Outfitters and Performance carry the Fuji bikes.

Former Bike Wrench
    Motobecane and Windsor is owned by BikesDirect so they are sold by them. The same company also has several bike shops in Florida, Texas, and Arizona. They own the USA versions of Motobecane, Windsor, Dawes, Mercier, and Bottecchia

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just ordered the Fantom29Pro. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else except on bikesdirect.
    There's a Motobecane website: http://www.motobecane.com/MOTOWEB_new006.html
    You might find a dealer close to you. I don't know. As for the Windsor, my guess is there isn't a dealer since it's essentially a Fuji bike. I may be wrong. Either way, you'll get a great bike. I might have purchased the Windsor Team but decided I didn't want to wait for the back order (plus the Fantom29Pro's components are close enough) that I pulled the trigger on it right away. How can you beat the price on these bikes? It's tough not to order one.
    I was wrong. Here's the site for Windsor: http://www.windsorbicycles.com/
    I did a quick search and couldn't find a dealer but I didn't look long enough.
    EDIT- What mtnbiker says makes sense. I was typing while he posted. I didn't know Bikesdirect owned them. Hence you'll probably NOT find a dealer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I will say that bikesdirect was very easy so far to deal with. I in fact had ordered the Fantom 29 initially. It was in transit when I changed my mind that I wanted the Pro instead. I quickly realized that I was going to want to upgrade the crankset and the fork and saw that I'd easily spend $450-$500. I called Karla at bikesdirect and told her I wanted the pro instead. She instructed me to not accept delivery on the Fantom29 from UPS so I wouldn't have to incur the cost in sending it back. Also that way, she could still track that it was going back to her at bikesdirect. The next day, the UPS tracking showed exactly that. I called her up and she verified it. It was at that moment I paid her an extra $200 dollars and... I am happy to say that I am expecting my new toy on Wed. (in three days). Point is... It could have been a complicated mess but she made it a very easy deal. I would not be afraid to order from bikesdirect again.