mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Windsor Cliff 29er Comp arrived today

As indicated, my bike arrived today. I was very excited to get it. I pretty much knew this would be the case but of course it was not even close to beign 90% assembled as advertised. As a true beginner, I must say the required assembly is somewhat overwhelming. That of course is the downside to saving money and ordering online. Still very happy with my purchase. This is my first serious mountain bike, so I'm holding off until tomorrow when my friend with a lot more experience is going to give me a hand and ensure I do everything correctly.

I did start putting a few things together and quickly realized they shorted me two bolts. This wouldnt really be a problem if they were common bolts but they have that Torx T25 pattern and I have no clue where I would get those. I emailed them and hopefully they will resolve the issue ASAP. They're for attaching the brake rotor to the wheel so I'd like to make sure everything in perfect in that department.

Speaking of those bolts, I also now know I have to find wrench to tighten the bolts that were included. I assume my LBS would carry the Torx T25 wrench???

Anyway, once I get this thing assembled I'll post some pictures and my first impressions from riding it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Awesome! I got the Cliff Pro a few weeks back. Loving the way the 29er rolls. Hope you get the assembly worked out and enjoy the bike!

mtbr member
    You can buy torx drivers at any hardware shop or home improvement center. You can probably even find them in Walmart. BTW, they are commonly in screwdriver looking form, not wrench. You can buy torx bits to fit in a socket if you prefer.

You will thank yourself later for learning how to wrench your own bike.

Understandably, the initial assembly can be intimidating for a beginner.

Getting a knowledgeable friend to help is the right way to go!

Bummer on the missing bolts. You could probably score replacement bolts from a local bike shop.

Good luck on your ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the info. That beats driving to my LBS.
    With enough time I'm sure I'd figure it all right, but might as well get some aissitance the first time. Getting a bike from a shop, pre-assembled by professionals definitley would not have been a bad idea for me, but I wouldn't have been able to get as much bike for the money and this will be a pretty good learning opportunity.