Thread: wide tires

mtbr member

wide tires

OK, anybody running 2.3 tires on your Outcast 29ers?? If you are, what brand and what kind of wheels? Thanks
    "I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all outta bubblegum".

Spandex Ninja

running 2.25s, but am looking to go 2.4s

I am running 2.25s on mine now, but will try out 2.4s Ardents when I replace them soon. According to BikesDirect, the Outcast can fit most 2.35s. The measurements I took indicate that they can probably fit 2.4s, even on a wider rim, but rear clearance for mud shedding will be tight. I will update the thread once I get the 2.4s.

Will be mounting the Ardents on Velocity Blunts.

Spandex Ninja
    I am now running Vee Rubber Mission 2.4-inch wide tires on the Outcast. They measure at 2.4 exactly on the side knobs, and a tiny bit under 2.4 wide at the casing. They fit fine with the sliders in any position. I am running them on Stans Arch EX rims, which are about 24.5 mm wide. No clearance issues, and there is still slightly under 1/5-inch clearance between the tire and chainstay for mud on either side. It looks like it might actually fit 2.5's.

mtbr member
    Thanks webb-o.
    "I have come to kick ass and chew bubblegum....and I'm all outta bubblegum".