mtbr member
    Dec 2008

New question here. Who has the 2009 Fantom Pro DS or HT? Opinions?

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on one of these two bikes but I just can't decide which one to go with. I'd appreciate some opinions or feedback from the Fantom DS owners about how they climb and how stiff the rear suspension is. What are the drawbacks or typical complaints on the Fantom DS setup? It is reliable? Has anyone noticed lateral play in their rear suspension? Do you notice some pedal bounce? How does the suspension stack up against something like a Giant Anthem 1 or Stuntjumper? I'm not looking for a debate here, just honest opinions from Motobecane Fantom DS owners.
    Last edited by grizzwaldt; 12-14-2008 at 06:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have the Pro DS and have no complaints so far, but I've only gotten two rides on it. I'm still tinkering with the suspension setup, mostly on the rear. I still haven't got the air pressure right so keep from bottoming out the shock. I notice very little pedal bob when in the full floodgate position on the Monarch shock. Sorry, but I can't answer much more with my limited experience.

I don't regret the purchase at all and would do it again. I also like the white color.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Does anyone else have an opinion to share?

mtbr member
    White is the color to have in 2009. Fashion is a powerful thing.

Ride hard or stay home
    Jan 2012
    I just bought a phantom pro can't help you out but it's an all xtr rock shock don't know yet

Ride hard or stay home
    Jan 2012
    I understand that the 409 shock isn't that great nice to know after I bought it well I can always change it