mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Wheels on the Fly Ti's

I started looking at the details of the wheels on my 2013 Fly Ti (2x10 XTR version) and I'm a bit perplexed.

BD's site lists the both the rims and the hubs as Vuelta XRP Team SL's and double-butted spokes with alloy nipples.

At VueltaXRPWheels.com, my assumption that the closest "factory" wheels on there would be the Team SL Disc. The obvious difference is that those wheels come with aero-bladed spokes instead of double-butted.

The factory list weight for the rear is 830g, compared to actual weight of my rear of 1175g. I know 100g or so can be explained by the weight difference between 26" and 29" rims/spokes, but I can't account for 350g of differences....

Anybody have any insight?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Is your actual weight with skewers?

A lot of manufacturer's weights aside from being optimistic, are almost all the time excluding skewers, rim tape and tubeless valves (if applicable).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tracke30m3 View Post
    Is your actual weight with skewers?

A lot of manufacturer's weights aside from being optimistic, are almost all the time excluding skewers, rim tape and tubeless valves (if applicable).
    No... Wheel was measured without skewer, rotors, tube, or tire. Good question though