mtbr member
    Jun 2008

whats needed to assemble a Fantom Pro 29er?

Hi,
    I ordered a Fantom Pro 29er And I'm new to all this can anyone tell me all the things that i should have on hand Like (Tool's) for example so that i can assemble the bike once it gets here? I would appreciate any and all thoughts and ideas. Thank you.

Thanks Again, Kenji

Bushwacker
    You'll have to install the pedals, handle bar, front brake rotor and wheel and seat. That's about it. The only specialty tools you need are a multi tool and a set of Torx bits to install the rotor. Other than those, your common adjustable wrench to install the pedals and screwdrivers for gear adjustment is about it. That's all I needed for mine and I think yours is the same. Takes 45 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on your skill level and how well the factory did or didn't adjust the brakes/gears etc. Tip...spin the wheels and lightly drag your fingers across the spokes to feel if any spokes are loose, if so, tighten accordingly.

This about covers it with the exception of mounting the rotors http://www.mtnbikeriders.com/2008/03...il-order-bike/
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

Former Bike Wrench
    I don't know about a Motobecane, but my Windsor (also from BikesDirect) came in dealer ready condition. As a former bicycle mechanic, I'll admit I'm a little anal about my bikes but that said, I highly recommend having a LBS put it together. Even if they charge $60 your still saving big $$$.

Here is my blog of my experience with my Windsor
    My Windsor Cliff 29er Pro