mtbr member
    Nov 2012

What is my bike worth?

I own a (believe it is a 2011 or 12) motobecane 700ds in really good condition. I upgraded the front shock to a rock shox tora 120mm and the rear shock to a rock shox ario 2.2. I am trying to sell my bike to upgrade, but could use some help on what the bike is worth. I am including the stock shock (dart 2) and the rear shock (KS axis coil over) just in case they are needed. Also throwing in a shock pump. There are two blemishes, the front tire is slightly out of true and I believe it can be fixed by a good bike shop. It is extremely minimal and does not effect anything. The second is the front large chain ring is slightly bent from hitting logs and what not while riding. It still works, just not as smoothly as intended. I didn't think this was a big deal because I don't use it (acts more like a cheap bash guard). Also throwing in a few extra front chain rings and misc parts (had a few extra 5d truvativ parts). Please let me know what you think I should be asking for this beginners full suspension bike with upgrades (bikesdirect sells 700ds new for $599 and says it lists for $1295). Other specs can be seen at motobecane's website. Thanks for all the help ahead of time.

mtbr member
    Maybe $250.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT