mtbr member

Vuleta XRP Pro SuperLite Disc Tubeless Success?

Any sucessfully converted the 25mm XRP Pro Superlight wheelset to tubeless? Looking at using Stans, but this will be my first tubeless attempt. Did you use the Stans spoke tape or re-use the OEM?

Anything else I should know before pulling the trigger? I'm a little OCD so I've been researching for a few weeks now, but since these wheels are mostly used on Motobecane (including mine) I thought I would post here first before trying the T&W forum.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Smile

I have been running the front ghetto tubeless for about a month, with a WTB exiwolf 2.3. I made a batch of the home brew from the 29r thread. I run about 32 psi and is working great.

I will convert the back in the summer when I quit using the trainer.

So far I have had 1 puncture that sealed instantly.

It took about a day to get the tire totally sealed. You will need a compressor to get the bead seated, I did not have 1 and tried to use a floor pump with no sucess. As soon as I hit it with the compressor the bead seated no prob.

I did use the rim tape, just pull it tight and get the air bubbles out

The home brew thread has a lot of good info.

mtbr member
    Thanks....I'll check out the homebrew thread.

I'm going to at least try it with the 2.35 SB8's that came with it since I have them. If they don't work I'll look for something else. I have a small compressor, but if that doesn't work I can borrow my dads.

32psi sounds great. Having to run 40 to avoid pinch flats is rough on a hardtail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Any news?

mtbr member
    Lots of posts about sealant destroying SB8 sidewalls, so I picked up a set of Maxxis Ignitor LUST tires and went ghetto tubeless. Very successful, with only one burb (but I was hopping around on a slab of rock at an angle, so it was no big deal).