Old School but on FS 29er
    Aug 2011

Video of Fantom DS FS 29er XTR downhill on Vineyard Springs trail in Patapsco, MD

Just a video of me on my bike, going 28 mph on a trail in the woods in MD. Enjoy! Make sure to watch in HD (change the settings of the you tube player)

Pain heals. Chicks dig scares. Glory Lasts forever. - Shane Falco

My YouTube Video Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/skibum616/videos

mtbr member
    Sweet.. looks like a fun place to ride minus all the oldies with their walking sticks

Aug 2011

A better version of the same video with multiple angles (no people in the movie)

Yeah, I was flying except for those old people with the walking sticks...As well as the people walking their dogs. I rode yesterday and got a seat post mount shot of the same trail, so I edited both videos together, and got this:

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Awesome Vid., but unfortunately have to point just 1 thing out & does apply to all us mtbrs who love to ride for fun, exercise, sport, etc... THIS IS WHY HIKERS, DOGISTS (dog walker(s), WHOMEVER HATE US. Bwtn the speed of this cyclist, possible non-compliance of the park rules, not giving the right of way to pedestrians, ie hikers, dog walkers, hard braking, etc... is 1 of the many reasons why we get thrown out. I'm part of a bike patrol & although a great ride & skill, I'm at odds over the vid. Just my 2cents.

Also, am an owner of a Moto 29er Fantom, had an FS Fantom, & currently await an Elite Fatty.

Aug 2011
    I don't want to start a war over my video, but what you can't hear is me slowing down for the hikers, and at the same time thanking them for stepping out of the way. The last time i rode this trail I stopped and got out of the way of over 20 hikers. I only open up when there is no one there. This trail allows for long site lines ahead of you to see If people are there also. I do agree with you when we sneak up on people or come around corners with excessive speed it is bad. I do understand your points and as I always am, will be courteous to all people on the trails, as I also hike and run these trails, and also even walk my dogs there.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    OK & Before anyone/everyone here starts up anything (put the nukes, ak-47's, bio's, etc...) back in storage. NO WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED HERE!!! Just stating fact & to my fault, had the vol. off (was listening to tunes) & was just an observer of your video. I was just using my experience out on the trails where I hike/ride myself & all you have to do is sneeze & the anti-mtb group for the local park has a fit & is ready to kick us out or post (want) more "can't ride here, etc... you know what I mean.

So Everyone. Away w/ your weapons. I'm @ fault for not having the vol. up on his video, but when your fav. music is on, well..... thought a silent vid was ok, as w/ the case @ times for me.