Thread: Upgraded 600 DS

mtbr member
    May 2008

Upgraded 600 DS

Hey guys, just wanted to share some new pics of my bike after installing a few new components. So far I have added:

Truvativ Hussefelt Pedals
    Easton EC70 Monkeylite Bars
    Thomson 120mm x 15 Stem
    Thomson Top Cap
    FSA Carbon Headset Spacer

I will replace the seat post soon. That's all for a while. Anyway, here it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kneel Before Your Master
    Looks good. I would say you should go get that sucker dirty now. Have fun out there!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've had the flu this week...I'm itching to hit some trails! Nothing sucks more than being sick in the freaking summer. Oh well. Here's hoping for this weekend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Looks good spank, loving those handlebars. Are they the high rise 40mm? Them pedals look good too. Stem is beautiful.... Did you armor all everything before taking the picture? Your bike looks sooo clean. Do you feel how different and better the bars and stem make the bike feel? Anyways, get well bro and take care

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks guys. Yeah Dice, those are the high rise. I couldn't tell you what it feels like yet. I rode it to work on Monday, but that was before all of the components came in. I'm very happy with the look of everything, now it'll just be dialing it all in after a ride.

It is clean isn't it. I took it on a single track loop (mostly hardpack and gravel) last weekend, about 7 miles. I cleaned it up good though. I keep it inside the house, and inside at work, so I have to keep it looking good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Man I wish the 700 came in that color....crap

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob300zx
    Man I wish the 700 came in that color....crap
    no kidding

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The pictures don't do it justice. It is an awesome color. I prefer the matte over the gloss all day long. I wouldn't mind having the upgrades from the 700 though. =)

Bushwacker
    I like the gloss. What I don't like on my 700 is the silver back end. I didn't like that from the first time I saw it. I may look into painting it to match the front.
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking