Thread: Titanium Allure

S*it Happens!

Titanium Allure

It easy to make a recommendation on a motobecane product because I know first hand that the quality is there. I know this from my first true mountain bike that I purchase from Bikesdirect 3 years ago. A “Fantom Elite” I would like to step it up with the purchase of a Fantom PRO Ti. The allure of having a titanium frame mountain bike is just overwhelming.

I guess it must be that exotic factor that titanium offers…

So how’s your experience been and why did you purchase your Titanium mtb? Inquiring minds would like to know…
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The bike itself is incredible, I wish I can say the same for Bikesdirect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Don't leave us that are on the fence and wondering if ordering from BD is a good idea ...
    Enlighten us...I am looking at ordering a Pro-Ti any day now-

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    zcobra1-

I received a Fantom Pro 29 SL yesterday, and some of the mounting hardware for the front brake was missing. I sent them an email along with a pic of the brake, and they already have some new hardware on the way to me. Great looking bike, and my experience with their service was muy bueno. I would recommend buying from BD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

S*it Happens!
    I ordered my Fantom Elite, it was as described and I had no problems… Remember one thing. This is online sales so you will might need to make an adjustment or two so you can get the bike setup the way you what. Never know…

Remembering that this is online sales, just look at how much Bikesdirect tries…

In this thread he’s asking everyone for their input on it’s design.
    New Site Up - Always looking for input

In this thread he takes the time to answer question.
    Bikesdirect - Motobecane Ti availability

And last, in this thread a customer reported a problem.
    Uh-oh, Did I Break My Motobecane (Fantom Team)?

So all I can say is... they seem to be doing better then some would have you believe...

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 03-10-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I've got and had now for over 1 race season at Fly Team Ti - the original with the yellow, not black, logo. It's feels snappier and lighter than aluminum, but the plush riding of steel. Well worth it without question.

Fred - I raced it at Palos Meltdown and felt awesome.

In fact, I'm waiting for Mike to stock the Ti 29er.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I've had my Fantom Pro Ti for about a month now and I love it. I have a Cycle Spectrum here so was able to buy locally rather than online so I have no experience with BD, other than the local shop orders from them and charges the exact same price since they are associated with BD(but I get the lifetime tuneups since they are a brick and mortar store).

The bike is really light, and the frame seems to pound my body less on rooty trails than my aluminum Gary Fisher did. My wife can't believe how much lighter and responsive my bike is over her Trek. So far, no problems and all fun.

If you want to know how much I like it, notice my name, TiMoto.
    If at first you don't succeed, you probably should not sky dive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zcobra1
    Don't leave us that are on the fence and wondering if ordering from BD is a good idea ...
    Enlighten us...I am looking at ordering a Pro-Ti any day now-
    Like I said, the bike is incredible.
    As far as dealing with Bikesdirect, all is good unless you have some problem with the bike.
    I received my 2010 Fly Team Titanium with the left brake lever having problems. I contacted
    them via e-mail (which is the only way you can communicate with them). To make the story
    short, it took two weeks before it got settled and only after I requested an RMA number to return the entire purchase. This is with e-mailing them everyday. They only reply to your e-mail once a day, sometimes every other day. I would definitely buy another Moto, I just
    don't want to go through the same ordeal again. JMHO

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine14
    I've got and had now for over 1 race season at Fly Team Ti - the original with the yellow, not black, logo. It's feels snappier and lighter than aluminum, but the plush riding of steel. Well worth it without question.

Fred - I raced it at Palos Meltdown and felt awesome.

In fact, I'm waiting for Mike to stock the Ti 29er.

That’s awesome…now stop, because you’re making me jealous.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

Rollin 29s
    I love my 2010 Fly Ti 29er. The BD guys answered all of my questions before I plopped down a deposit, the bike arrived in flawless shape and is a piece of art to look at.

The Ti is soft and responsive. The bike is amazingly light. After converting mine to 1x9 with ultralight bash guard, Egg Beaters, carbon bars and Stans Flow tubeless, my 21" framed Fly weighs in at 23 pounds, right there with my carbon road bike which I always thought was light weight!
    Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity.
    - Lord Charles Beresford