Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Teased/Bullied about my Moto Fly - Should I remove the stickers ?

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  watts888 
#1 ·
Lately I have been getting ridiculed and teased by the other riders I ride with.... They all have lynskey/Vassago/salsa ti bikes...

The banter is along the lines of "your bike sucks" .. "Motobecane is trash"....

its really starting to affect my riding and I am worried my bike is going to fall apart as I am riding...

should I remove my stickers ??

#2 ·
Only if you want the nice clean look of bare Titanium.

But other than that, banter is just banter. You're probably a better rider, so your riding buddies needed something to take you down a notch.

It's all good. Keep the stickers and just keep out-riding them.

That ought-a learn 'em.

#3 ·
Not sure if a joke, or serious. Always had problems with the real world.

Stickers are a structural part of the motobacons. Keep em on. Plus, if you take them off, it can void the warranty. If their comments get real annoying, throw some bright pink electrical tape over the logos, and write something like "SpecialEd" or "suck it slowpokes"

#14 ·
After they cancelled your order, did they ever tell you when more large frames would be in? They never would answer that question for me. Hopefully they get some in for you soon and they aren't jacked up like mine was. My Lynskey Ridgeline should be in next week. I will finally get to start building my new ride.

Edit: Saw your post in another thread. I see they didn't really answer why they cancelled it after telling you there were 6 available. They wouldn't answer my question about the six frames being available either.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Are these dudes like 10 years old or something. RajunCajun44, I know you know of my trials with Bikes Direct, and I did go for a Lynskey after Bikes direct kind of let me down, but I would be thrilled to have been riding a Moto. You should just tell them, I guess time will tell if my $1,000 savings, turns out to backfire if the bike fails. Until then ride it like you stole it and show those elitist donks whose boss! I might have bought a Lynskey but have nothing against any other rider or brand. Good luck with those sad sacks you've been riding with.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
One more notch on my fly... I did the Arizona Endurance Series Aspen Asphyxiation race this past weekend... 6800 feet climbing and 65 miles.. Trails near flagstaff, elevations ranged from 6500 to 9000 feet.. its the 4th endurance race my moto fly has done..

Not really trying to brag.. just trying to say how much the moto fly is awesome

#17 ·
Everyone I've talked to around the trails are writing the website down as quick as they can. Once they see how it performs and what I paid they are already feeling duped by their overpriced lbs bike. Find one or two riding buddies and forget the rest. I like to ride alone 90% of the time. For me it's about me and the trail, not listening to loudmouths drone on about nothing.

#21 ·
Lately I have been getting ridiculed and teased by the other riders I ride with.... They all have lynskey/Vassago/salsa ti bikes...

The banter is along the lines of "your bike sucks" .. "Motobecane is trash"....

its really starting to affect my riding and I am worried my bike is going to fall apart as I am riding...

should I remove my stickers ??
you should beat them on the trail twice, and then get new friends.

Eyewear Arm Vision care Human body Sitting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.