mtbr member
    May 2012

Someone measure their Elite seatpost??

Need some quick help...I'm trying to upgrade my seatpost with a Thomson but am not near my bike to get my seatpost measurement. Anyone near their bike so they can check?

Riding a 29er Elite 19". Just need the length. Thanks!

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    the website says 300mm, and the diameter (I actually have the bike) is 27.2. I have the elite trail. Not sure if it changes with tier.
    EDIT: I'll update with actual length soon.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I have since been back to my bike and the actual length is 400. Where did you see it on the site? I see where it has the diameter but not the length. Either way if it indeed says 300, they need to update their info. Thanks for the help.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Go to the site and click the link to any elite. I can't post it, but scroll down and you'll see specs.
    I measured mine and it's 300mm. I would imagine that the tube length changes with size, but the site doesn't explicitly say so. I have the elite trail 15.5". Which one do you have?
    Did you buy used? Is the tube original?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Ah I see where you're getting it. I have a 29er not a 26er. They only list the seat post length for a few of their bikes which is odd. If you click on the link for the 29er Elite it gives the diameter but not the length. Either way its all a moot point because I've since been able to check it out for myself. Thanks for the help though!

Here's the link for mine: Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29Elite

Edit: Just noticed your bike has 700c wheels and not 26", sorry about that.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Whoops. Thought you meant the series of 29er hybrids. Those are elites. The bike you have is a FANTOM elite.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    You got it. I didn't even realize they had other "Elites" that weren't Fantoms. Ahhh gotta love BD sometimes