MTBR Asian Dude
    May 2008

Red handle-grips on a black motobecane 700DS = SICK?

and for all you older people still stuck back in the 70's, SICK means awesome/great

I've been considering getting some red grips for my 2008 motobecane (replacing the stock grey/black ones). Do you guys think it'll look good? or will it be overkill because nothing else on the bike is red. I'm thinking red will go well with black...
    Me:
    Honors Chemical Engineering undergraduate student at the University of Washington
    Bike:
    2008 Motobecane 700DS

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I don't really know. Is there any red anywhere on the bike? If not then they might just stand out way too much. I am pretty sure that those guys stuck back in the 70s would like it though.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    May 2008
    just do it man... (nike) rip it up

MTBR Asian Dude
    May 2008
    ljsmith: hmmm... yes, it might stand out too much.

donzi: haha! that's the spirit.
    Me:
    Honors Chemical Engineering undergraduate student at the University of Washington
    Bike:
    2008 Motobecane 700DS

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    do it i have red pedals on my matte gray fantom 29er and it looks good but i also have bb7s with red knobs. my bike is the one in the thread "ridgid fantom 29er"

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster
    and for all you older people still stuck back in the 70's, SICK means awesome/great .....
    Those "older people still stuck in the 70's" will be interviewing you when you graduate, good luck with the search

MTBR Asian Dude
    May 2008
    Nah, those older people who will be interviewing me will still be stuck in the 1800's

but really, i decided to just go with the red grips. They're going to look awesome and stand out. And at 12$ at my local bike shop.... i'll take it!

Thanks for your opinions
    Me:
    Bike:
    2008 Motobecane 700DS