Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pics of your moto.

338K views 735 replies 340 participants last post by  BigSquirrel 
#1 ·
here is my 2007. I picked up the frame from ebay, and built up from there.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My '04 Fantom XC powder coated last year. Quite heavy at 32.5 lbs..... I use it as a training bike so when I race with my Scalpel, it feels feathery light. All components upgraded except the frame and rear shocks. I like the aggressive geometry and tight cockpit of this moto.

Attachments

#3 ·
The fantom comp

This is (was) my fantom. I recently robbed some of the parts off it to build up a Haro sonix VL120. I'm looking forward to getting this mangle back operational though. I think the moto's are one of the most underated bikes out there. Not race bikes (as you can see I tried it anyway), but certainly all mountain work horses.

Attachments

#7 ·
Oh, someone emailed me a question. They would like to buy a FS fantom comp frame on ebay and would like to know if the tires that he already had would work with this frame. 26in wtb wheels and 2.7 tires.

Will a 2.7 tire work with that frame?

#8 ·
Moto Rider said:
Oh, someone emailed me a question. They would like to buy a FS fantom comp frame on ebay and would like to know if the tires that he already had would work with this frame. 26in wtb wheels and 2.7 tires.

Will a 2.7 tire work with that frame?
wow 2.7 is mega wide....i honestly dont know why you'd want anything that wide, but right now i run 2.1's on my fantom comp ds, and i'd say there's 3/8" of clearance at least on each side of the tire, so if they do in fact ACTUALLY measure 2.7" wide, then yes they SHOULD work...that is if in fact my 2.1" tires are actually 2.1".....

#9 ·
snobrder5 said:
wow 2.7 is mega wide....i honestly dont know why you'd want anything that wide, but right now i run 2.1's on my fantom comp ds, and i'd say there's 3/8" of clearance at least on each side of the tire, so if they do in fact ACTUALLY measure 2.7" wide, then yes they SHOULD work...that is if in fact my 2.1" tires are actually 2.1".....
This is not for me. I got a email and someone was asking me about this. here is the email received.

"Hello Guys,

Looking for some help, I'm looking to buy the 2007 FANTOM COMP DS from this Link in Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-Motobeca...ryZ98083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The problem is I have a pair of WTB tires size 26*2.7" will they fit on a 16" frame????

Please Help,

Thank you, "

If that size tire wont fit. Then how about the maximum tire size he can run. I would like to give him some kinda answer.

Fred.

#10 ·
Moto Rider said:
If that size tire wont fit. Then how about the maximum tire size he can run. I would like to give him some kinda answer.

Fred.
well like i said, in THEORY it will fit...b/c the opening is large enough....but i would not suggest running that size tire b/c you do want more space than what he'll end up with between the tire and the chainstay...for mud clearance, etc....if his wheel gets the least bit out of true, he wont even be able to LIMP off the trail, b/c there's no tolorence there....see with a 2.1 tire you could atleast ride to the car if it's not INSANELY bent...just some stuff for you to pass along to him....tell him good luck, but dont use that tire....

#12 ·
Thanks all! I sent the information along. I told him that the standard tire for that frame was a 2.1 so a 2.3 would be the maximum I would go. Told him new tires are cheep and that was a good deal on that frame and said good luck on his buying decision.

Fred.

#14 ·
williamkwong said:
I am interested in buying a Fantom Elite soon. DOes anyone have pictures of the 16" frame? Thanks.
I'm sorry, I personally don't have any photos of the 16" frame. However, my fantom has the 18" frame. I realize it's not exactly what you wanted but it does give you some idea.

Photo's above… It is a awesome bike.

Fred. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
My 2 Bikes

Here are pics of my 2 bike builds

Fantom Elite DS

Revalation 426 Fork, Sun Ringle Charger wheel set w/ Kenda Karma 2.2, Juicy 7's 185mm front and 160mm back, 06 XT F/R Derailluer and Shifters, Race Face Evolve XC Crank, Sram 990 cassette, XTR chain, Evolve Seat Post, Deus stem, Deus headset, Carbon riser bar, Race face grips, Rocket V STL saddle, Race Face good and evil grips.

Planned upgrades

MC 3.R

Fantom Comp

Reba Race Dual Air Uturn, Sun Ringle DS1-XC with Dirty Flea hubs, FSA Team issue carbon crank,Juicy Carbon brakes, 07 XTR F/R Derailluer and Shifters, 07 XT Cassette, Chris King headset, Richey WSC, stem, seat post, flatbar, Rocket V STL saddle. Hope seat QR

Planned upgrades

Carbon riser bar, carbon stem and seat post