Post pics of your moto.

Printable View

• 04-23-2007
    coffeegeek2112
    3 Attachment(s)
    Post pics of your moto.
    here is my 2007. I picked up the frame from ebay, and built up from there.
  • 04-25-2007
    nico2me
    4 Attachment(s)
    My '04 Fantom XC powder coated last year. Quite heavy at 32.5 lbs..... I use it as a training bike so when I race with my Scalpel, it feels feathery light. All components upgraded except the frame and rear shocks. I like the aggressive geometry and tight cockpit of this moto.
  • 04-27-2007
    Cracker69
    3 Attachment(s)
    The fantom comp
    This is (was) my fantom. I recently robbed some of the parts off it to build up a Haro sonix VL120. I'm looking forward to getting this mangle back operational though. I think the moto's are one of the most underated bikes out there. Not race bikes (as you can see I tried it anyway), but certainly all mountain work horses.
  • 04-27-2007
    txjohng
    That Fantom elite Frame looks similar to my kona kikapu frame.
  • 04-27-2007
    txjohng
    oh, I have an 05 Fly Pro. It is in my users picture gallery. :-)
  • 04-27-2007
    Moto Rider
    3 Attachment(s)
    This is my Fantom Elite. I have upgraded the front brake and front derailleur. All the QR's and tires.

Fred.
  • 04-27-2007
    Moto Rider
    Oh, someone emailed me a question. They would like to buy a FS fantom comp frame on ebay and would like to know if the tires that he already had would work with this frame. 26in wtb wheels and 2.7 tires.

Will a 2.7 tire work with that frame?
  • 04-28-2007
    snobrder5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    Oh, someone emailed me a question. They would like to buy a FS fantom comp frame on ebay and would like to know if the tires that he already had would work with this frame. 26in wtb wheels and 2.7 tires.

Will a 2.7 tire work with that frame?

wow 2.7 is mega wide....i honestly dont know why you'd want anything that wide, but right now i run 2.1's on my fantom comp ds, and i'd say there's 3/8" of clearance at least on each side of the tire, so if they do in fact ACTUALLY measure 2.7" wide, then yes they SHOULD work...that is if in fact my 2.1" tires are actually 2.1".....
  • 04-28-2007
    Moto Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snobrder5
    wow 2.7 is mega wide....i honestly dont know why you'd want anything that wide, but right now i run 2.1's on my fantom comp ds, and i'd say there's 3/8" of clearance at least on each side of the tire, so if they do in fact ACTUALLY measure 2.7" wide, then yes they SHOULD work...that is if in fact my 2.1" tires are actually 2.1".....

This is not for me. I got a email and someone was asking me about this. here is the email received.

"Hello Guys,

Looking for some help, I’m looking to buy the 2007 FANTOM COMP DS from this Link in Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-Motobecan...QQcmdZViewItem

The problem is I have a pair of WTB tires size 26*2.7” will they fit on a 16” frame????

Please Help,

Thank you, "

If that size tire wont fit. Then how about the maximum tire size he can run. I would like to give him some kinda answer.

Fred.
  • 04-29-2007
    snobrder5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto Rider

If that size tire wont fit. Then how about the maximum tire size he can run. I would like to give him some kinda answer.

Fred.

well like i said, in THEORY it will fit...b/c the opening is large enough....but i would not suggest running that size tire b/c you do want more space than what he'll end up with between the tire and the chainstay...for mud clearance, etc....if his wheel gets the least bit out of true, he wont even be able to LIMP off the trail, b/c there's no tolorence there....see with a 2.1 tire you could atleast ride to the car if it's not INSANELY bent...just some stuff for you to pass along to him....tell him good luck, but dont use that tire....
  • 04-29-2007
    nico2me
    Not sure about a 2.7 and IMHO, I would not go wider than a 2.3 for several reasons as snobrder5 mentioned..... it is just not practical at all. Even if it fits, you will have no clearance whatsoever to allow for mud, etc.
  • 04-30-2007
    Moto Rider
    Thanks all! I sent the information along. I told him that the standard tire for that frame was a 2.1 so a 2.3 would be the maximum I would go. Told him new tires are cheep and that was a good deal on that frame and said good luck on his buying decision.

Fred.
  • 05-06-2007
    williamkwong
    I am interested in buying a Fantom Elite soon. DOes anyone have pictures of the 16" frame? Thanks.
  • 05-06-2007
    Moto Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamkwong
    I am interested in buying a Fantom Elite soon. DOes anyone have pictures of the 16" frame? Thanks.

I’m sorry, I personally don’t have any photos of the 16” frame. However, my fantom has the 18” frame. I realize it’s not exactly what you wanted but it does give you some idea.

Photo’s above… It is a awesome bike.

Fred. :thumbsup:
  • 05-08-2007
    Jake Pay
    Congratulations to all you Motobecaner's on getting your own site :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:

PS. MORE PICTUREs :madman::lol:
  • 05-08-2007
    Moto Rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Pay
    Congratulations to all you Motobecaner's on getting your own site :thumbsup:

Jake :ihih:

PS. MORE PICTUREs :madman::lol:

Hey Bro!
    Thanks for the congrats and yes we do need more photos...

Fred.:)
  • 05-09-2007
    snobrder5
    2 Attachment(s)
    my moto
    07 Fantom Comp DS frame
    Marzocchi Drop Off Comp fork
    Rhyno lite wheels
    xt/lx drivetrain
    Deore Hydraulic Discs
    about $800 invested overall :thumbsup:
  • 05-14-2007
    Moto Rider
    Still need more photos....
  • 05-15-2007
    Mctarded
    I will post some pics in about a week. I will be taking my 2 month old Fly Pro on an epic through the Maah Daah Hey this weekend, with a couple buddies. Hopefully everything holds up for five days.
  • 05-18-2007
    kalieracer
    My 2 Bikes
    Here are pics of my 2 bike builds

Fantom Elite DS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/Motos001.jpg

Revalation 426 Fork, Sun Ringle Charger wheel set w/ Kenda Karma 2.2, Juicy 7's 185mm front and 160mm back, 06 XT F/R Derailluer and Shifters, Race Face Evolve XC Crank, Sram 990 cassette, XTR chain, Evolve Seat Post, Deus stem, Deus headset, Carbon riser bar, Race face grips, Rocket V STL saddle, Race Face good and evil grips.

Planned upgrades

MC 3.R

Fantom Comp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/Motos002.jpg

Reba Race Dual Air Uturn, Sun Ringle DS1-XC with Dirty Flea hubs, FSA Team issue carbon crank,Juicy Carbon brakes, 07 XTR F/R Derailluer and Shifters, 07 XT Cassette, Chris King headset, Richey WSC, stem, seat post, flatbar, Rocket V STL saddle. Hope seat QR

Planned upgrades

Carbon riser bar, carbon stem and seat post
  • 05-18-2007
    kalieracer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nico2me
    Not sure about a 2.7 and IMHO, I would not go wider than a 2.3 for several reasons as snobrder5 mentioned..... it is just not practical at all. Even if it fits, you will have no clearance whatsoever to allow for mud, etc.

2.2 in Kenda's bearly fit on my bike, the front FD kind rubs when in the granny gear. :madman:
  • 05-31-2007
    williamkwong
  • 06-14-2007
    clumpymold
    Keep 'em comin'! I'll post mine when I get it. Nothing as nice as these but it's my first bike so go easy on me. :D
  • 06-28-2007
    nico2me
    Anybody else got pics of their rig to share? Lots of riders in this forum but not enough photos.
  • 06-28-2007
    clumpymold
    Here are a couple pics of my moto (one with my other "rides"):

http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/c...20DSC00871.JPG
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/c...20DSC00876.JPG

Motobecane 700DS (purchased this month, June, 2007).