Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post pics of your moto.

338K views 735 replies 340 participants last post by  BigSquirrel 
#1 ·
here is my 2007. I picked up the frame from ebay, and built up from there.

Attachments

See less See more
#715 · (Edited)
Hal Boost rebuilt with some 27.5 x i45 rims. The original bike was parted out to build up my banshee spitfire. But since we have had some good discounts on bike parts in the past 6 months, I decided to build it back up. Fork is a 160mm travel yari. Misc eagle drivetrain. XT hubs and XT brakes. Pub 27.5-53 carbon rims. I do have a dropper post coming that will get installed asap. The 3" wide tires help get the BB height up closer to a 29er build.

Duro Crux 27.5 x 3.25 front tire
Teravail Coronado 27.5 x 3.0 rear tire

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

#672 · (Edited)
That is the exact bike I've been looking at for a few months. I only hesitated because I wasn't sure if I could fit a wider shock like you've installed there. Now that you've had it a bit, how is the ride? Is it good climber, downhiller, etc.? Do you find you need to use your lockouts when climbing or does it not make that much of a difference? Also, does the new shock make a noticeable difference and what type of Pike fork did it come with? Thanks.

#714 ·
I've owned several Motobecanes over the years and have many friends who rode / ride them. Here's a few pictures from the past 5ish years.

Top left - 2017 HAL6 Expert (M)
Bottom middle - 2013 Fantom Team DS (S)
Bottom right - 2018 HAL6 Eagle (L)
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

Left - 2020 HAL Boost Eagle LTD 27.5 (S)
Right - 2018 HAL6 XT11 (M)
Bicycle Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle wheel

Top - 2018 HAL6 XT11 (M)
Bottom - 2020 HAL Boost S12 Team 29 (S)
Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Tire

#731 ·
I like black bikes, especially the black on black. And Ti.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Crankset

Ti Century Pro replaced FSA crank with Ultegra. About 2700 miles
Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Crankset Wheel Tire

TAZ3 CF Pro 29er+, about 400 miles

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle Tire Wheel Crankset

HAL CF Boost 29er, about 20 miles (still figuring shocks out)

I recently came across a Ti fatback used locally and tried to trade my hardtail for it. Guy was getting out of biking, and my wife wouldn't let me buy it (she wants me to get rid of the hardtail).

I've owned entry level bikes from specialized, trek, and in the old days of my youth, nicer bmx bikes like Hutch, Redline, PK ripper, and other POS bikes like huffy.

People keep telling me about geometry and other things they've read on line. I'm not too good to adapt. I don't race except myself. And I like quality bikes without paying for marketing, floor space at an LBS, etc. Also I'm not above buying a Kirkland pair of jeans at Costco. Too old to care what others think. Fun in fun, and some people spend more on one bike than I did on all three of these.

#732 ·
Hey all new here, was trying to find some info on servicing my bike and ran across this huge MB forum section and figured I would finally join MTBR :D
Can see my welcome post for other info...

Anyway, here is my MB. I am not fully sure what it is... 2018? HAL 29
has the SRAM Eagle 1x12, Deore XT brakes, SID fork, DT Swiss wheels...and a frame that I don't see many photos or descriptions of..and when I do, I never really see what "model" this was sold as since there were so many configurations and years. Though, I guess it doesn't really matter since MB are just parts bin bikes anyway. In any case... I LOVE my MB!

This is my first full suspension bike, I picked it up in almost mint condition for $1000 from someone who was riding during all the covid lockdowns, and then when things opened up again, he went back to his other hobbies and sold this thing cheap.

Looking at all the other brands, I felt this was the best bang for the buck for my needs. I needed a steeper head tube angle and shorter reach for the flat twisty Florida trails.
Thank goodness for that "MB is behind the times!" design. This was exactly what I needed.

The Ergon grips I think were something the previous owner installed, They're nice.
I swapped the stem for something a bit shorter, and the handlebars for something with more rise. I swapped the saddle and pedals out. I had some larger 180mm disc rotors I swapped the stock 160mm rotors out for, and installed the appropriate spacers for them. The tires that were on it were Continental mountain kings, which I swapped for the Minions and went tubeless. I added on the front fender and the green derailleur tubing. The bike will be a black and green theme (Monster Energy colors).

What got me find the MB section of this forum was searching for specific info on MB service. Since I do all my own servicing, and these aren't exactly "name band" bikes I can just buy a service kit for, I wanted to see what I was getting myself into before taking the frame apart. I had some creaking noises. I fully serviced the headset bearings as well as replaced the bottom bracket and pedals, but still had creaking. Finally this morning I sprayed some dry lube into every single bolt/bearing on the suspension linkage, and the creaking went away. I wished I had tried that first, but this is also my first full suspension bike, so there's a dozen more places that can creak vs my hardtails LOL.

Anyway, I absolutely love my MB and look forward to riding it every time I take it out.

Here's a few photos from recent rides...

#2 ·
My '04 Fantom XC powder coated last year. Quite heavy at 32.5 lbs..... I use it as a training bike so when I race with my Scalpel, it feels feathery light. All components upgraded except the frame and rear shocks. I like the aggressive geometry and tight cockpit of this moto.

Attachments

#675 ·

Attachments

#676 ·
Save Up to 60% Off LTD QTYS of these 5.5 Inch / 140mm Travel Full Suspension 29er / Boost Mountain bikes 2020 Motobecane HAL Boost EAGLE LTD SRAM Eagle 29erBOOST Full Suspension Mountain Bikes SRAM EAGLE 1X12 Speed Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes Rocks

On my limited budget this bike gave me the most for the money. Just got back into riding and this bike handled the first 9 mile ride on a MTB trail in Charlotte. Just wanted to throw a Pic out here.
You won't be disappointed. I have it in lava red. It's handled everything I throw at it. I continue to look for brand name bikes with this level of components and everything I find is $3500-4500 or up. Very nice-Enjoy!