Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Its pretty much how I want it finally. Ti bars 600mm (stock bars were just too short... and not titanium), Time Atac Carbon pedals, King/Flow wheels (tubeless), Gravity Dropper 3" Multi-position post (the 4" put the seat too high...I did like the 4" drop but the 3" is almost as sweet), Specialized Toupe carbon seat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian45 View Post
    Its pretty much how I want it finally. Ti bars 600mm (stock bars were just too short... and not titanium), Time Atac Carbon pedals, King/Flow wheels (tubeless), Gravity Dropper 3" Multi-position post (the 4" put the seat too high...I did like the 4" drop but the 3" is almost as sweet), Specialized Toupe carbon seat.

More than any other pics or commentary I've seen about taking the Moto Ti badgeless, your pic is a very strong testament to going that route! That's a beautiful pic! It looks so much better w/o badges, be they Moto, Moots, Lynskey, or whatever else. I'm considering striping it down to the Ti. Nothing to do w/ the Moto name; I wear it very proudly out on the trail!

Braugh Bro.
    Here's an update pic of my moto.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Let me guess, you misjudged a curb. Jokes.

HTFU!

Nice!

Is that the new folding Moto?

edit to add: Clearly you were just riding along... (couldn't help it).

hope your o.k. after that.
    I no longer deserve a signature.

Braugh Bro.
    Lol, actually, I was practicing my flatland bunny hops on it, and I guess I hopped a little too high. I will admit I have been fairly abusive to the bike over the past year (I wouldn't say abusive enough to warrant catastrophic failure) But hopefully moto's warranty will come through for me.

And as far as me being o.k. , yeah I'm fine, miraculously so. full story here: http://forums.mtbr.com/motobecane/de...ml#post8547934

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Got a bare brand new frame (no fork or headset) off Ebay and built it up with parts from my old bike.

9.8kg as shown, on full SLX drivetrain and brakes, medium sized frame.

Last edited by tracke30m3; 10-18-2011 at 09:33 PM.

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by tracke30m3 View Post
    Got a bare brand new frame (no fork or headset) off Ebay ....

Nice build. Love the Porsche head badge!
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    my 29 pro sl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_3153.jpg  

Scofflaw
    Motobecane Gran Turismo: Light duty cargo / commuter / hybrid

Nitto B352aa bars, Ergon Bio Cork Grips, Shimano Deore controls, Brooks B-17 saddle, Topeak rack and bag.
    Last edited by flipr; 11-05-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: update picture and specs
    Phil
    SS29er
    Cargo Bike
    Touring / Commuter

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

My 2011 Motobecane 29er Pro

I always wanted a bike that wasn't like anyone elses. So here's my attempt at it:

Salsa Carbon Bar
    Sals Pro Moto Stem 100mm
    Shimano Deore XT Shifters
    ESI Chunky Grips
    Odi Plugs

Chris King Headset & Bottom Bracket
    Shimano Deore XT Front Derailleur
    Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur
    Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 Front
    Kenda Small Block 29x2.1 Rear

Thomson Seat Post
    Salsa Lip Lock
    Xpedo Hurtle Curve Pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_5003_adj.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5005.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5006.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5007.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5011.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5012.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5013.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5016.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5017.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_5015.jpg  

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by ednhtown View Post
    I always wanted a bike that wasn't like anyone elses. So here's my attempt at it:

Salsa Carbon Bar
    Sals Pro Moto Stem 100mm
    Shimano Deore XT Shifters
    ESI Chunky Grips
    Odi Plugs

Chris King Headset & Bottom Bracket
    Shimano Deore XT Front Derailleur
    Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur
    Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2 Front
    Kenda Small Block 29x2.1 Rear

Thomson Seat Post
    Salsa Lip Lock
    Xpedo Hurtle Curve Pedals
    Very nicely done.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yeah that is sweet. Nice work. I wish my bottom bracket would crap out so I could slap a king in there. Maybe a headset also.

mtbr member
    This is my recent Moto build , going to use it for XC racing this season
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-moto-build-4-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-moto-build-3-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-moto-build-5-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great looking bike.
    Whether you think you can, or think you cant, you're usually right.

mtbr member
    Nice build out. I rode a Fantom Pro29SL for 2 seasons. It was a great handling bike. I switched over to a Felt Carbon Nine last summer, but I still miss the Moto.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o-x View Post
    Nice build out. I rode a Fantom Pro29SL for 2 seasons. It was a great handling bike. I switched over to a Felt Carbon Nine last summer, but I still miss the Moto.
    Yeah, Thanks , I raced my Specialized FSR XC expert last season and felt like I could make a bigger impact with a hardtail so I hope this Moto impresses me, and so far it has the handling characteristics that I'm looking for! Very excited!

mtbr member
    I went from an FSR Expert Disc 120 to the FantomPro29SL. I like the 29er platform much better for climbing, flat out single track, and general XC. It doesn't descend on the technical terrain as easily as the FSR, at least for me. I am not a super technical rider... merely a road rider who enjoys long days on XC single track.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Here is my Motobecane pro29sl 13"....(I am 5'4" tall male).
    The only thing i changed from stock is longer seat post from 350mm to 400mm, added crank brothers clipless. Had it for about six months. LOVE IT!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Here is my Phantom Pro 29er SL with a brand new Maxxis Ardent 2.4 up front. I thought the bike looked good before but that big front tire sends it over the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-010-2-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-013-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by memi View Post
    Here is my Motobecane pro29sl 13"....(I am 5'4" tall male).
    The only thing i changed from stock is longer seat post from 350mm to 400mm, added crank brothers clipless. Had it for about six months. LOVE IT!
    why do small bikes always look better? love it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here's mine. Got 2 rides in. Enjoying it so far. Seat post and seat swap coming soon

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Got mine today and assembled it. No rides yet...it's raining, turning to snow overnight. Not to mention I'm still waiting on presta adapters so I can fill my tires. I'm quite pleased with the quality of the components, though the seatpost/handlebars/stem have to go. ESPECIALLY the stem. That thing is atrocious and weighs a ton. I was quite impressed to find that the Recon is an air fork. I had been doing research on the components but somehow missed that fact.

This was my first bike build and the most in-depth I've ever gotten on a bike, but I was able to figure it all out in about 3 hours. It's quite solid and I'm very pleased

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My Gravity Zilla doing what it's meant to do, hauling the Christmas tree to the Christmas tree graveyard. I have about 100 miles on it, mostly road but I have taken it on some easy single track and it handles well. Most of its life will be spent on pavement and fire service roads...love it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

My 2005 Fantom Comp

Here's a shot from our trip to Sedona in Sept. of 2011. The Highline trail provided some beautiful views and ass puckering exposure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by black-tom View Post
    Assorted shots from rides during the summer

In this last shot you can see my chain drooping; the trails weren't quite ready for us in the beginning of the season (little did we know) and I actually tore my derailleur off.
    How did it get torn off?

My 700HT comes in tomorrow! I will post pics up when I get it assembled. Not concerned with putting everything together. A little concerned on the tuning/adjusting of the derailleur. The youtube video from BD makes it seem pretty easy.

Can't wait to get it and get on it! My old DB only will shift into 3 gears!

Oh, and nice JK :wave:

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by db09jku View Post
    How did it get torn off?

My 700HT comes in tomorrow! I will post pics up when I get it assembled. Not concerned with putting everything together. A little concerned on the tuning/adjusting of the derailleur. The youtube video from BD makes it seem pretty easy.

Can't wait to get it and get on it! My old DB only will shift into 3 gears!

Oh, and nice JK :wave:
    Clay like mud built up on the frame since there's not enough clearance going around the tires for it, and then it just piled up on the derailleur and tore the hanger, which is what it's supposed to happen anyways. The derailleur itself was fine, just had to clean it all up and get a new hanger. Tuning/adjusting the derailleur is dead easy, set the limit screws and then use the barrel adjuster on the shifters to get the correct cable tension. Enjoy your new bike!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Phantom 29 Comp

Just wanted to post a photo of my moto and say hello from GA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-moto-web.jpg  

mtbr member
    Here's mine from today's ride, my inaugural ride I might add, on the Motobecane 700HT.

mtbr member
    First real ride on my new Elite Sport. 12 miles with hills was a breeze. No shipping, assembly, or tuning issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

just bought off of CL...

a new to me '10 Ti Fly Team
    couldnt pass up such a screamin deal (or at least I thought it was)....

mtbr member

I took my time setting my bike up, learned more than I thought.
    The ridiculousness of cycling clothes increase exponentially in relation to the distance from your bicycle.

mtbr member
    Just before I sold it:

Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Just added 2 Moto's to the Stable..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imag0746.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-imag0750.jpg  

Single Speed - It's All About The Pain!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    DEmbry,

I really like the new Moto frames. Orange looks nice. What's the weight of that bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Single Speed - It's All About The Pain!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    nice

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mran View Post
    nice
    here is a man of few words... seems to be working on post count only... not a contributor

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    how can you contribute when you are required to post before you can start a thread. I won't hijack a thread so I had to do the obligatory 5 posts.......did I offend u?

cPr
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I am in the same boat....Found a brand new fantom team frame with some nice components for $300...i cant start a thread to ask a question about it yet either never mind post a pic lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    If anyone reads this and has a 2011 or 2012 Fantom Team XTR or X0 group 26er, can you post pictures of what brakes you have? Bikes states that they have Avid CRs but i saw one with newer ones.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

2012 Motebecane Fantom DS Comp

cPr
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Fantom team frame with mismatched components. $300 CL special for me to ride like its stolen. Also came with BB5s (brand new and everything i need) and a rockshox ario 2.2, which is sadly to big for the frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

My 400DS

Rides great.....I have a Fox Rear Shock I have yet to install but the rear suspension actually works great for my 220lbs A**!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-cimg0207.jpg  

Last edited by mran; 03-21-2012 at 05:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    oops

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    sweet bikes!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Great photos! Getting me excited about my new bike.

I just ordered a Fantom Pro DS frame off Pinkbike and hope to be getting it in soon! I've got a Trek 3700 which I'll be taking parts from. I know they are **** components, but lightening up the whole bike bit by bit is the fun part right? I'll post some pictures once it comes in and I get everything put together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Koin View Post
    Great photos! Getting me excited about my new bike.

I just ordered a Fantom Pro DS frame off Pinkbike and hope to be getting it in soon! I've got a Trek 3700 which I'll be taking parts from. I know they are **** components, but lightening up the whole bike bit by bit is the fun part right? I'll post some pictures once it comes in and I get everything put together.
    Fun? That's arguable.

Expensive. Yes. Unless you find cheap lightly used parts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    Fun? That's arguable.
    I guess it depends on the person. I like working on bikes (good bikes, not **** walmart bikes), especially my own.

Expensive. Yes. Unless you find cheap lightly used parts.
    That's what I intend to do, haha. Frame comes in tomorrow evening.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    How do you all like the Moto's and experience with BD (if that's where you got it?) I'm close to pulling the trigger on one, can't resist the price....

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    i love my 2010 motobecane Fantom 29sl pro with XTR/XT gears. i just bought Gravity for my son.
    no problem but need to watch out for some issues like no true rims and few things. Generally pretty good with BD. Cant beat the $$.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by phkemp View Post
    How do you all like the Moto's and experience with BD (if that's where you got it?) I'm close to pulling the trigger on one, can't resist the price....
    Fantastic! I was a bit nervous myself but shipping was quick and free! I feel it is an excellent value for what I got, and the customer support has been quite helpful. If you get one, just make sure to go over it 100% and take your time, or take it to the LBS to tune it up for you. I was afraid to ride mine until it was inspected and tuned up. Now it runs like a champ and my friends can't keep up with me

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My 700HT was delivered late last week, I got around to putting it together and adjusted Sunday night. I've been on two single track rides so far, and have a grand total of 6 miles on it... with 3! flat tires. Not sure if the velociraptors are the weak link or the chen shin tubes they come supplied with... I'm upgrading tubes tonight and going back out...

Other than that, it's been great so far. Hoping to put a 14 mile ride down this weekend, if I can get some life out of a tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imag0869-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJerry View Post
    My 700HT was delivered late last week, I got around to putting it together and adjusted Sunday night. I've been on two single track rides so far, and have a grand total of 6 miles on it... with 3! flat tires. Not sure if the velociraptors are the weak link or the chen shin tubes they come supplied with... I'm upgrading tubes tonight and going back out...

Other than that, it's been great so far. Hoping to put a 14 mile ride down this weekend, if I can get some life out of a tube.
    What's the travel on the new Dart 2 fork?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Maybe you're not installing tubes and tires properly? 3 flats is a lot.

Wouldnt hurt to watch youtube videos on changing tubes as a refresher.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Decatur_Tide View Post
    What's the travel on the new Dart 2 fork?
    They come in 80 and 100mm. Mine looks to have 100mm of travel, but I zip tied it to check out travel after I swapped to the fat boy spring, and it's only traveling 80mm... so yeah, 80mm on mine.

Maybe you're not installing tubes and tires properly? 3 flats is a lot.

Wouldnt hurt to watch youtube videos on changing tubes as a refresher.
    I've got ~30 miles on it since this debacle, I have it figured out. The rear just blew, it still have my first replacement in it. The front had a thorn that was busted flush on the outside, so I didn't see it when I swapped tubes. All good now

BTW - very happy with this bike.

mtbr member
    Subscribed, nice looking motos here!!
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

my comp ds

sorry bout the dirt,just got back from a sloppy ride home from work.bought the frame off ebay,then pillaged my 700ds all except for the talas fork,float shock,code 5's, 203mm front rotor and a deore top pull derailer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-20120421154102.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-20120421154041.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I am pretty happy with this 2012 Fantom Team 26" Full Suspension.

Just finished moving my bike computer over to it and measuring the new wheel size for the computer.

Took it out for two rides in an aggresive MTB park and a regular singletrack trail. Put about 20 miles on it in two days and I am very pleased.

Still have to get used to the new lighter weight when climbing steep, sandy, turns with roots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_20120428_165514.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doitda View Post
    I am pretty happy with this 2012 Fantom Team 26" Full Suspension.

Just finished moving my bike computer over to it and measuring the new wheel size for the computer.

Took it out for two rides in an aggresive MTB park and a regular singletrack trail. Put about 20 miles on it in two days and I am very pleased.

Still have to get used to the new lighter weight when climbing steep, sandy, turns with roots.
    Is that a medium?

Ti Fighter
    2012 Fly Team Ti 29

09'Felt Nine Solo
    12' Motobecane FLY Team 29 Titanium

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The evil twin sister to my other Moto... Enjoy

mtbr member
    Very nice, what is the weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    19.5lbs as she sits there...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just got my Gravity 29point5, figured I could post it here. 21", 30.2lbs. Very happy with it. No issues with BD, shipping, or assembly. Only complaint is the QR seat clamp won't stay tight on trail. I want a bolt collar anyways.

One note: the bike came with a thur-axle, not listed on the site. Def. not a problem, but if anyone was wondering the specs might not always be 100% accurate. I'm fine with an unexpected upgrade though!

mtbr member
    It came with a 15mm fork?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    yes.

mtbr member
    I can second that. I bought a Moto Pro (advertised as X9) about a month ago and unexpectedly got a 15 mm thru axle (maxle lite is what rockshox calls it).

I was happy as I'm a bigger guy and people have recommended to stay away from the standard 9mm QR dropouts.

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29PRO

mtbr member
    my last pic of my moto, got a Haro Mary SS to replace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-burma.jpg  

I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Got my second gnarly ride in with my moto today. Couldnt be happier.

Fantom 29 Elite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_20120603_122340.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

my 4th love after my kids and wife

This is my baby. Such a nice bike that creepy bike thieves have tried to knock me off twice. Homeowners insurance would cover it but with.very little stock to replace it. Call me old fasion.but I love 26ers. This is such a pimp commuter on the pothole ridden roads in buffalo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imag0001.jpg  

Last edited by kindwon; 06-15-2012 at 05:06 AM. Reason: im dumb at postin picks

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kindwon View Post
    ...Call me old fasion.but I love 26ers...
    Me too. I wanted to try the FS thing. I picked up this new Fantom Team frame with shock off fleabay and moved the parts over from my hardtail: Manitou R7, XT drivetrain, ZTR Arch wheelset, Avid BB7's, blah, blah. I LOVE this bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Well, it took me awhile to finally get these, but here are some photos of my Fantom DS Pro. Took it out for a spin at the local trail today and rode about 14 miles. It was dry, hot, and dusty! Yesterday, I ripped the seat off the rails. my belt got caught on the tip of the seat while in a climb and the old plastic just gave out. Spent about half an hour at a bench trying to pop the rails back into place. Now it's got the gorilla tape treatment.

I built up this bike from the frame up. Got the frame and shock off pinkbike.com and took all the parts from my old Trek ht (my childhood bike which I got after I stopped growing), then upgraded parts as I felt the need. I pretty much built this bike around a fork I got for cheap off craigslist, which wasn't compatible with my Trek. Now I'm slowly upgrading the components so that I can rebuild the old Trek and use it as a loaner bike or maybe turn it into a commuter.

This is byfar the best bike I've ever had. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-dsc00224.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00225.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00226.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00237.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00243.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-1-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-2-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-3-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-4-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-6-.jpg  

Last edited by Koin; 06-24-2012 at 07:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    Jus t scored this on Craigslist today. After a quick tune she rides really well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-290060_10151065052450831_1510967930_o.jpg  

"To expand your comfort zone, you have to leave it."

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    Took her out for a ride this morning at Haw Ridge in Oak Ridge, TN. Very responsive, handles well. Saddle and bars have to go though...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-291655_10151066607415831_118660474_o.jpg  

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    ...and there were freakin' spiders everywhere. A sure sign that you're the first one on the trail...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ah yes, those lovely spider webs. I've eaten plenty of them. It's great when you're behind someone else in the mornings though, haha.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    So happy to have found this forum of other Motobecane owners. I love my 600DS! Here's a pic after a good cleaning. It's got about 2,000 miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-motobecane-panaracer-tires.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by FrankieP13; 07-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My 2012 Fantom 29 FS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-2012-07-11_17-25-11_206.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My Gravity 29point5

I've replaced the parts I don't like except the wheelset, but Theres one on the slow boat from England right now.

Handlebars, seatpost and stem are raceface ride, fairly cheap.
    Odi locking rogue grips, vp-69 platform pedals, a charge spoon saddle(same as my road bike) and I've go some hope hoops pro 2 evo sp wheels on the way.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdirragon View Post
    Big and little. Funny how huge the Moto looks. The other bike is my old old GF HiFi Deluxe (both are size large) that I sold to my best bud (and riding partner) a few years back. As big as the bike looks, it sure doesn't feel that big. This was before I took the stickers off the wheels and fork.
    ]
    An old post I know, but what are your thoughts on going from a FS 26 to a hardtail 29er?

Edit: can't post links so pic doesn't show.

JIE
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Bikes look great, glad I found these forums, I've got a Fantom29 Trail on order, can't wait to get it, I'll post up some pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Got the new seat, wheels, and QR. Also threw an ardent up front to try out.

I really am happy with this bike and I'm glad I went with the 29point5, this reba is nice and light and I really like the drivetrain and brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Tree's evil twin (but it's only a Point 4)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Lots of fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-0a4413b0.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-816f6918.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Very nice guys!

JC - How are you liking the big apples? What pressure do you run them at?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Trees138 View Post

JC - How are you liking the big apples? What pressure do you run them at?
    I really like them, smooth, fast and grippy even with a lot of lay-over angle on the street. Running them at ~35-40#. I should probably have gone a little narrower on the rear though, these are 2.35 front and rear. Still have the original WTB wheelset with the 2.1 Prowler SLs for dirt use; it's nice to able to quick-change the complete wheelset and tires.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Got a new wheelset the other day. I taco'd my front wheel... So now it's time for some more photos! I've done quite a lot to the bike, slowly but surely.

-WTB Frequency i23 TCS rims laced up to Shimano XT hubs - I know they arn't as smooth rolling or as light as the Vuelta XRPs that came stock, but I never had any of the stock parts since I built it up from a used frame.
    -IRC Trail Bear front tire - found it in a friend's garage
    -Avid BB7 disk brakes 180 front and 160 rear - so much better than my old Shimano Acera disc brakes
    -Eleven81 platform pedals w/ removable pins
    -Truvativ Stylo 75mm x 5d stem - I wanted to try a shorter stem for better descending and hopping
    -Shimano Deore 9spd shifters
    -Shimano XT 9spd cassette w/ Shimano 9spd chain
    -Avid SD-5 brake levers
    -WTB SST saddle - my old Velo saddle finally gave out, I tried to fix it using tape, glue, and zip ties, but nothing was permanent
    -Marzocchi Z1 rebound knob - the fork was missing it when I got it (craigslist special!)
    -Marzocchi Bomber decals

I'm looking at getting a seatpost that is more laid back to give some more room in the cockpit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-dsc00408.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00406.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00402.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00403.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00404.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00409.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00411.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00413.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00418.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00432.jpg  

SoCal Rider
    Apr 2008

2012 Motobecane Fantom Pro 29er

Been riding this 3 times a week since I got it a few months ago

Check out my videos as well! www.youtube.com/user/preludedriven
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-7771610268_a8d7d63cce_b.jpg  

mtbr member

My 450HT -

Well my real bike will be here Monday or Tuesday and can't wait to get started, it is all I can afford but much better than a Walmart bike and I hoping to ride it for a couple of years until I can get my dream bike provided, I'm still alive then lol - here is a preview, real "my" bike pics as soon as I get it all juiced up. I have not seen many of these here so hope that's not a bad sign
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-450ht_orange_2100.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Koin View Post
    Got a new wheelset the other day. I taco'd my front wheel... So now it's time for some more photos! I've done quite a lot to the bike, slowly but surely.

-WTB Frequency i23 TCS rims laced up to Shimano XT hubs - I know they arn't as smooth rolling or as light as the Vuelta XRPs that came stock, but I never had any of the stock parts since I built it up from a used frame.
    -IRC Trail Bear front tire - found it in a friend's garage
    -Avid BB7 disk brakes 180 front and 160 rear - so much better than my old Shimano Acera disc brakes
    -Eleven81 platform pedals w/ removable pins
    -Truvativ Stylo 75mm x 5d stem - I wanted to try a shorter stem for better descending and hopping
    -Shimano Deore 9spd shifters
    -Shimano XT 9spd cassette w/ Shimano 9spd chain
    -Avid SD-5 brake levers
    -WTB SST saddle - my old Velo saddle finally gave out, I tried to fix it using tape, glue, and zip ties, but nothing was permanent
    -Marzocchi Z1 rebound knob - the fork was missing it when I got it (craigslist special!)
    -Marzocchi Bomber decals

I'm looking at getting a seatpost that is more laid back to give some more room in the cockpit.
    How do you like that SST saddle? Looking to replace the Speed V that came on my Fantom29er with something a little lighter. Great build BTW!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I have not seen many of these here so hope that's not a bad sign
    Who cares! Ride it, love it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cave12man View Post
    Who cares! Ride it, love it!
    Thanks! that will definitely be the case !!
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    2012 Moto Fantom Pro X9 29er .. Getting a little dirty

Last edited by ZmyDust; 08-20-2012 at 09:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Fantom 29 Pro

Swapped riser for a wider flat bar
    Ergon grips
    Shorter stem to keep reach the same
    Bottle cages from my old (1993) bike
    Crank Bros Candy pedals
    Bontrager xxx carbon seatpost
    Etrex 20 Computer/GPS

Bathroom scale weight (without GPS) 27 lbs

Great bike, great value

mtbr member

here she is

I had posted the BD picture but here is my real bike, since I'm so excited she's posted everywhere LOL ! I guess it doesn't matter how old you are a new toy is a new toy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-mybike.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

My Motobecane Fantom29er COMP

This is my new Motobecane Fantom 29er COMP. I had my reservations about buying online, but had a good friend and experienced rider recommend BikesDirect.com. I was on a budget and was willing to admit that he knew more about bikes than me. Ended up with the most bike for the bucks spent for sure. I'm riding it pretty much stock at the moment but have a few minor tweaks in mind to shave a couple lbs. Really happy with the bike thus far.

Post pics of your moto.-img_3285.jpg

Post pics of your moto.-img_3289.jpg

Post pics of your moto.-img_3291.jpg

Post pics of your moto.-img_3247.jpg

mtbr member

Now a bit dirty

:

Nice rig Rain - here is mine after her first really dirty ride - had a blast ! She was so nice and clean but kinda like it a little dirty the pic is not that great but she's a bit muddy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-dirtybike.jpg  

2016 SC Heckler R build
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Dirt mode. My Hadley/Flow/Comp build I just finished up.

Street mode. (Finally replaced those awful Crest stickers with the Hope Hoops ones. MUCH better.)
    Last edited by Trees138; 09-03-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Beware the saddle sniffer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast