Post pics of your moto.

Printable View

  • 12-25-2012
    fasttreker
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is mine, its a Fantom 29 FS XTR. I have had it for two weeks. I immediately changed the seat, grips, seatpost clamp and replaced the upper bushing on the rear shock with a RWC needle bearing kit. I may still swap the bars as I am not a huge fan of straight bars but I am loving the bike so far.
  • 01-03-2013
    trailrider2
    Re Post 515 (Fantom 29 Trail) is that the 13" frame?
  • 01-03-2013
    trailrider2
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lfc.reds View Post
    A pair of Fantom 29 Trail for wife and I...

    My last bike was an entry level Diamondback rigid, which got stolen in college years ago. Looking forward to enjoying our new rides.

    Post 513

    Again are these pictures of 13" frames.
  • 01-04-2013
    lfc.reds
    They were both 15, not 13.
  • 01-04-2013
    trailrider2
    What are you and your wife's inseem? Could you measure the standover height? If you could stadle the bike and have your butt against the seat and measure the standover height at that position. I am finding specs are alwaya accurate or they don't measure from the same place.

    Thanks,

    Mike
  • 01-04-2013
    lfc.reds
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by trailrider2 View Post
    What are you and your wife's inseem? Could you measure the standover height? If you could stadle the bike and have your butt against the seat and measure the standover height at that position. I am finding specs are alwaya accurate or they don't measure from the same place.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    29.5" inseams. The standover (a few inches off the seat post) where a normal rider would stand is 29".
  • 01-05-2013
    trailrider2
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by memi View Post
    Here is my Motobecane pro29sl 13"....(I am 5'4" tall male).
    The only thing i changed from stock is longer seat post from 350mm to 400mm, added crank brothers clipless. Had it for about six months. LOVE IT!

    Looks nice. What is your inseam? Any idea how much higher the real standover is with the new frame (not just specs)?
  • 01-11-2013
    sxshep
    http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...-34-19_438.jpg

    Had my maiden voyage today... Ordered it in early December, and just now was able to take it out now that the ice/snow are gone.
  • 01-22-2013
    cloudbuster
    Ti - they look so simple but so awesome at the same time!
  • 02-15-2013
    rallymaniac
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is my race machine. 2011 FantomPro 29. Changed a lot of components and converted drivetrain to 1x10. Full Easton cockpit.
    currently 25.5lb without pedals.

    Attachment 772121
  • 02-15-2013
    mbaulfinger
    Hey Rallymaniac, Nice FantomPro29. What size is that and how tall are you? Those are some nice wheels! How do you like the ride of the bike? I'd like to get something like this to play around on. I'm a mtb rookie but what's the advantage of the single ring in the front? I wonder how you power up the hills. Thanks!
  • 02-15-2013
    rallymaniac
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mbaulfinger View Post
    Hey Rallymaniac, Nice FantomPro29. What size is that and how tall are you? Those are some nice wheels! How do you like the ride of the bike? I'd like to get something like this to play around on. I'm a mtb rookie but what's the advantage of the single ring in the front? I wonder how you power up the hills. Thanks!

    Hey. Thanks.
    I'm 6'00" and the bike is 19". The size is perfect and I have a good riding position on it but with a changed, shorter stem.
    I changed the entire cockpit, seat post and seat to dial it in and to put lighter components on it.

    The single ring up front is for the simplicity and weight advantage. I found that I wasn't using the granny gear at all and used primarily the middle 32t ring. I still wanted to be sure that I don't spin out on a faster sections so when I converted to 1x10 I actually put a bigger 36t ring up front.
    I'm not running out of climbing power anywhere here in the MidWest. If anything I can always go back to the 32t when needed.
    I guess i must have somewhat strong legs.

    good luck with your bike.
  • 02-19-2013
    chester2123
  • 02-20-2013
    camekanix
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 773886

    I'm in too. Bought this to commute and explore mild trails, parks etc. Kudo's to Bikes Direct for changing the shipping address at the last minute when my plans changed and I wouldn't be home to sign for it.
  • 02-20-2013
    hidperf
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by camekanix View Post
    Attachment 773886

    I'm in too. Bought this to commute and explore mild trails, parks etc. Kudo's to Bikes Direct for changing the shipping address at the last minute when my plans changed and I wouldn't be home to sign for it.

    I picked that same model up with the intention of using the components on a carbon frame later on. I changed the saddle and put some road tires on it and put almost 1,500 miles on it last year, my first year riding a roadie. It sparked something inside and now I'm building a full carbon roadie with SRAM Red group and turning the Moto into my commuter.

    Great bike!
  • 02-20-2013
    camekanix
    I went the other way. I have a carbon road bike already and don't think it is sturdy enough for my commute as there are 5 miles of gravel along the way so I got this. Got about a mile on it and just finished with some adjustments. I'm hoping to take it out before work tomorrow but I adopted a stray puppy and she is kind of high maintenance so we'll see.
  • 03-11-2013
    pdinphx
    1 Attachment(s)
    2009 Motobecane Fly Team Supreme
    Picked up this NOS beauty earlier this year ...

    Attachment 779826

    Weighs in at a very svelte 22 lbs, fully loaded.

    Pj
    Phoenix, AZ
  • 03-25-2013
    DEmbry
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 784274

    After a year of hard riding and a few upgrades the pig is still kick'n.
  • 03-25-2013
    tylerw
    is that the 2013 fantom 29 pro sl ? DEmbry
  • 03-25-2013
    DEmbry
    19" 2012 - It's been a great ride. Only complaint would be that you have to crank down the rear QR or the wheel will pop out.
  • 03-26-2013
    CarolinaLL6
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DEmbry View Post
    19" 2012 - It's been a great ride. Only complaint would be that you have to crank down the rear QR or the wheel will pop out.

    Sounds like something is tweaked.
  • 03-26-2013
    DEmbry
    The frame has been checked and is straight and I don't think I'm the only one that has reported this issue about the new frame.
  • 03-26-2013
    SilentGas
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is my FS 29er in winter riding mode...

    Attachment 784717
  • 03-26-2013
    tylerw
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by DEmbry View Post
    19" 2012 - It's been a great ride. Only complaint would be that you have to crank down the rear QR or the wheel will pop out.

    so should this be a determining factor of buying or not buying this bike?
  • 03-26-2013
    Axe
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by tylerw View Post
    so should this be a determining factor of buying or not buying this bike?

    Should not. Use something like Halo XL bolt-on skewers - for weight savings and reliability, if it worries you.