Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Wow. Some great bikes here. Mine isn't top of the line, but it's good enough. The 2013 Moto Elite Trail.
    EDIT: Knew someone would comment on my QR skewers. But 29ers have MASSIVE clearance. Plus, as you can tell, this is more of a commuter. I'll only be taking this on flat trails. It's easier to release qrs when there is no fork or frame obstructing my plump fingers. Thanks though...

Last edited by sauprankul; 09-28-2012 at 07:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Your bike looks great, sauprankel! Hope you have fun with it

One thing you might want to do is to swivel your quick-release levers up about 180 degrees from where they are now - this will help keep them from catching and "quick-releasing" when they encounter an obstacle

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Not sure if I can post this question here or if I should start my own thread but I figured why not start here, I have been looking in to 29er specifically motos and was trying to decide between the Outcast 29er and the Phantom 29er comp, my goal is to have a 1x10 bike, something light and strong. Not sure what you guys would recommend as I am still a noob to all this mountain biking stuff, I was also going to just build one from the ground up, but it was going to cost more than I want to spend right off the bat, I want to ride, get a fee for the parts and how the react to what I want to do, then upgrade. Any suggestions is very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    My new Motobecane 450HT, delivered yesterday!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_1213-custom-.jpg  

NedwannaB

Modified Moto

My SuperFly 650B Race Machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-motowolverine.jpg  

Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Looks very nice Jmac

NedwannaB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    Looks very nice Jmac
    Put my triple crankset on for the first time (had ben running it SS before the 1x9 in pic) and it's amazing how much more top end and efficient the bike is for me now! I'm going to switch the 2.2's over to my650 fs and put some lighter tires on this thing. It will be a rocket.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Trees138 View Post
    Dirt mode. My Hadley/Flow/Comp build I just finished up.

Street mode. (Finally replaced those awful Crest stickers with the Hope Hoops ones. MUCH better.)

Trees,

Your setup is looking sweet, especially with the upgrade wheelset. Any longer-term updates? How're you liking the beast?

For my part, am digging my Point 4. It's got about 400-odd commuting miles and maybe 20-odd dirt miles on it, but an annoying cyclical click has developed - think it's the crank arm-to-spindle connection, but I've been too lazy to really check it out as yet. Click occurs when RH crank arm is about 15 degrees above natural on the downstroke.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I received my Motobecane couple weeks ago. Love the bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-20121006_153856.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
    Trees,

Your setup is looking sweet, especially with the upgrade wheelset. Any longer-term updates? How're you liking the beast?

For my part, am digging my Point 4. It's got about 400-odd commuting miles and maybe 20-odd dirt miles on it, but an annoying cyclical click has developed - think it's the crank arm-to-spindle connection, but I've been too lazy to really check it out as yet. Click occurs when RH crank arm is about 15 degrees above natural on the downstroke.
    Long term updates.... hmmmm...

I nailed a post head on at 12-14 MPH, I'm fine, the pole is fine, my lower headtube.... was not. It was barely seeable, but the force of the impact ovaled the lower part of the headtube and I was getting a noise when I braked or hopped hard. Time to get a new frame. It would have cost just as much for a direct replacement so I bit the bullet and bought a CC 110 headset and a Razzo frame.

I've now got a spare VP-A42E headset and a der hanger for a 29pointX. If you or anyone else for that matter needs either shoot me a PM. I'm not going to bother with an ad for those.

I enjoyed my gravity, but I was planning on trying the Razzo next year anyway. So far, I like it! It built up well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Beware the saddle sniffer.

NedwannaB

Don't be ashamed....

Quote Originally Posted by Trees138 View Post
    Long term updates.... hmmmm...

I nailed a post head on at 12-14 MPH, I'm fine, the pole is fine, my lower headtube.... was not. It was barely seeable, but the force of the impact ovaled the lower part of the headtube and I was getting a noise when I braked or hopped hard. Time to get a new frame. It would have cost just as much for a direct replacement so I bit the bullet and bought a CC 110 headset and a Razzo frame.

I've now got a spare VP-A42E headset and a der hanger for a 29pointX. If you or anyone else for that matter needs either shoot me a PM. I'm not going to bother with an ad for those.

I enjoyed my gravity, but I was planning on trying the Razzo next year anyway. So far, I like it! It built up well.
    Nothing wrong with owning a Motobecane and the Razzo!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cave12man View Post
    How do you like that SST saddle? Looking to replace the Speed V that came on my Fantom29er with something a little lighter. Great build BTW!
    Thanks man! Been awhile since I've been on MTBR. I love the SST, it's very comfortable and doesn't catch my shorts. Best saddle I've ever ridden. If you want something lighter, the WTB frequency is not a good choice. It's a bit on the heavy side, but to me weight is not that important to me, the features of the rim are awesome. Next are a new crankset w/ bottom bracket and a dropper post.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    A pair of Fantom 29 Trail for wife and I...

My last bike was an entry level Diamondback rigid, which got stolen in college years ago. Looking forward to enjoying our new rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-bike1a.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-bike2a.jpg  

Last edited by lfc.reds; 10-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Here's my custom build:

Oh boy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imgp4547.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-imgp4550.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Got my Fantom 29 Trail last July, and I ride it 3 times a week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-dsc01930.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Where's all the Fantom 29 DS pictures? I saw maybe 2 posts. Nice bikes, but more is better!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Stopped to tighten my seat and noticed a picture opportunity.

Motobecane Fantom 29 DS XT/SLX

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Hey guys. Just wanted to update. My bike looks neglected in the first pic, so here's before:

and after

The Motobecane Elite Trail, Matte black, with some minor upgrades.
    Took it for a spin around the local park, good thing it was laundry day. o.0
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollata View Post
    I received my Motobecane couple weeks ago. Love the bike!
    How is the rear suspension working for you? Any peddle bob or unwanted bounce when going over obstacles?

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
    How is the rear suspension working for you? Any peddle bob or unwanted bounce when going over obstacles?
    Yeah +1 on that. Curious as to how BD executes the Full suspension. Pretty sure my next bike will be from BD, would like FS, but dunno how good they are.
    It's pronounced "so pro and cool."
    It was an impulse decision.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here's my 2012 Fantom Cross Pro. Only thing I've changed was the saddle so far. I plan on adding lots of carbon goodies next year. After I purchase a new MTB.

Last edited by hidperf; 12-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Fantom Pro 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-mtn-bike.jpg  

Motobecane Fantom Pro 29
    89 Kawasaki 650 SX with Mods
    00 Sea-Doo RX 70+ mph
    92 Mustang LX convert 347

Axe
    Custom User Title
    With some odd pedals from my commuter (did not have clipless with me)

Current build kit (many original components reused, or sold, or gone)

2008 Fly titanium frame
    Magura Durin SL fork (stock SID on wife's bike). Nice fork I should say.
    some Cane Creek headset
    stock Ritchey WCS seatpost and stem
    Easton carbon bar, 620mm
    Formula RX brakes (original Avid Ultimates had been the suckiest part on the bike. Sold) Front rotor - Hope.
    Hope Hoops Pro 3 XC6 with Stan's 355 rims. (Vueltas going strong on wife's bike) Rear with 10mm RWS bolt-on. Front with Halo bolt-on skewer.
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 Gatestar, tubeless with Caffelatex.
    E.13 XC crank with Salsa 32t ring. Wish list to replace with SRAM XX1 (but keep 10sp rear).
    11-36 HG81 cassette
    XT derailler, tomorrow to be replaced with freeride Zee shadow+
    Paul chain keeper, probably can remove it with clutched derailler.
    horrible Crank Brothers foam lock grips.
    XT rear shifter and alligator housing. Need to dremel out stops for full length normal housing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img-20121211-00031.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Fantom Pro X7 21inch... have only put two miles on it after assembly and tuning the derailluers, but I have a feeling I'm gonna love this new hobby. I'd like to get some road tires and pedals before spring time, only thing I've added is a mount for my Etrex 30 and Ergon grips waiting to go on it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    No pictures of Fantom Comp DS ???

I was thinking about picking one up! Anyone have any experience with them ?

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast