Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    congrats on the ride Clumpy...I see you finally got it. Give us a ride report in a new thread when you get a chance! Hope you are enjoying it your bike...Chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just bought this bike a few weeks ago and am using it for my cardio/street ride for now. Bought it from local bikesdirect store. Very pleased with the bike, store service and the speed of a hardtail again.

So far I have swapped tires out to Kenda 80psi Klimax Lites. Swapped seatpost out for Thomson (just inserted post in frame no ride yet. will need to adjust), saddle for WTB RocketV, pedals to ATAC XS and chain to PC991 .

Will swap grips to OURY lock-on's soon. May even add some barends. Nice bike this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (176.2 KB, 7790 views)

i am, therefore, i ride
    Just my 2 cents..... instead of going for oury lock-on and a separate bar end, try Ergon grips with bar ends. It prevents the numbing of your hands from extended rides. Works especially if you're old like me that has arthritis or people with CTS. It costs a little bit more but worth every penny. It's basically designed for racing and works well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    .. spooky.
    Exactly what I needed to know without having to ask. Been suffering from CTS for years -it's why I was out of cycling for so long and can only ride the Yamaha for short distances. Great call there nico2me, I'll make that swap instead.

i am, therefore, i ride
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    :........... Been suffering from CTS for years -it's why I was out of cycling for so long and can only ride the Yamaha for short distances.............
    I know the feeling and share your sentiments..... until a racer with CTS mentioned it to me during a race. Now, if only they will make one for a motorcycle, I would be ecstatic !!!!!

dirt visionary
    Here's my small frame build . Bought the frame on ebay and pieced it together. This is now my backup bike . Nothing special. WTB seat,Wtb grips,WTB speed disc,thomson seatpost,thomson stem,titec bars,deore shifters,xt front and rear derailures,iso flow cranks,Rock shock 3.3mc, marzocchi am1sl forks. Stem and seatpost were changed after picture.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Heres mine. Fantom Comp upgraded with RaceFace cranks, headset and cockpit. Several thousand miles on it now, great bike.

Cuánto pesa?
    Looking good gang

My I suggest someone with some clout get with the powers that be and see about making
    this a "Sticky Thread"..I know the new members go picture shopping (old members too )
    and it's always an eye catcher when it's at the top of the list..

Keep them pictures coming in

Jake

mtbr member
    May 2007
    08 Fantom Comp
    Stock except
    Sram pc-971 &
    Odessey triple traps

S*it Happens!
    Hopefully someone soon will post up a 29er here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    2008 Motobecane Fantom 29erPro

Thomson Seat post
    Team WTB Seat Ti
    Tioga Suregrip Pedals
    Lighter bar and stem
    Lighter tires

Best bike I have EVER had!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    My new '08 Fantom Elite DS...

Hoping for many great rides on it!

Cuánto pesa?
    computex13,
    Thanks for sharing the real-world pic of your 29er Pro..Lookin' good..

I've broken one of those!

We have three in the stable...

My son's Fantom Elite.
    elPhantasmaPlateadoLR.JPG

My girlfriend's Fantom 3.0 DS.
    steph's sledgehammerLR.JPG

My Fantom Trail.
    GoneLR.JPG
    "It's not his fault that he's an adorable, unstoppable killing machine."

mtbr member

2008 Motobecane 700 HT

What, am I the only one with an HT model?

Here's my 2008 700 HT.

2008 Motobecane 700 HT hardtail
    Shimano Deore XT
    Rock Shox Dart 2 fork w/ 100 mm travel
    TEKTRO AQUILA Mechanical Disc Brakes
    Novara Expanding Wedge Seat Bag
    Topeak Peak Master Blaster DX Pump
    Blackburn Mountain Cage
    Schwinn Expandable Cage

Blackburn Mountain Cage with water bottle for me and Schwinn Expandable Cage to carry my son's water water bottle on bike path rides.

Unlike most bashguards that replace the big ring, this one allows you to protect your big ring too.

A strip of old inner tube, a little over an inch wide and two feet long, wrapped around the chainstay makes a great protector and costs nothing. Tucking the final end is difficult, but leaves a reasonably nice look compared to the zip ties that some people use.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

700 Ds

Here's my motobecane 700 DS that I built up two years ago. Romic rear, marzocchi 130mm Drop-off fork, fsa stem, race face xc cranks, changed from 8 speed to 9 speed. Started as a beginner bike and turned it into a fully functional All Mountain bike.

mtbr member
    cyberguy, that's actually a pretty sweet ride! i've never been a big DS series fan, but yours is really nice...what weight spring are you running? i've been toying with the idea of switching my air shock to a coil, but i think at 5" of travel, with the 3.3:1 leverage ratio, i'd need a 1100lb spring for my weight.....which is pretty unheard of for a 6.5" shock....how much rear travel are you getting out of that DS frame? and does it track fairly well on the rocky and technical downhills? nice bike man!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snobrder5
    cyberguy, that's actually a pretty sweet ride! i've never been a big DS series fan, but yours is really nice...what weight spring are you running? i've been toying with the idea of switching my air shock to a coil, but i think at 5" of travel, with the 3.3:1 leverage ratio, i'd need a 1100lb spring for my weight.....which is pretty unheard of for a 6.5" shock....how much rear travel are you getting out of that DS frame? and does it track fairly well on the rocky and technical downhills? nice bike man!
    Hey snobrder5,
    I'm running an 800 lb coil on a romic-d 165mm. I'm 230 lbs and the shock is everything I need it to be. I thought about changing to a 5 inch shock in the rear but I asked the local bike shop and he didn't recommend it because he said it would throw the geometry of the bike all off. The bike tracks well and but with the new rear shock it eats up rock gardens like a mad-dog! I can keep up with my buddies 5" specialized enduro all day in the rough stuff. The only thing that is still original on the bike now is the wheelset. Which, in my opinion are some of the toughest rims around (Alex racers edge 32H). The only downer is the weight. Good luck finding that massive coil! Thanks for the compliments.
    mtbauctions.com

S*it Happens!
    Awesome bike Kelly!!

In his own words…

“Amazingly, this is the nicest bike I have ever ridden! Stable, smooth, fun, and confidence inspiring! 28.8 lbs. I think I'm gonna like this 29er gig!

Peace, Kelly.”

Bike Build:

Fork...Reba SL
    Crank...Truvativ Stylo 32t
    Cassette...Shimano HG 7 spd, 13-30
    Rr. Der...Shimano XTR
    Brakes...Avid BB7, 185mm F/R
    Stem/Bars...Syncros Bear Hug/Bulk Hardcore
    Wheelset...Velocity "Blunt"w/Shimano XTM756, 32h
    Shifter...Shimano Revo 7spd Grip shift
    Tires...Specialized Borough XC

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Does anyone have pictures of their Fly Team or Fly 9357?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider

[/CENTER]
    man i'm loosing confidence in bikes direct! they forgot to put a front shifter on your bike! BASTARDS!

wannabe corporate shill
    Jan 2006
    I'd post the photo of my 9357 but the site isn't letting me link to photobucket for whatever reason.

direct link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rrent=9357.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    That's a nice bike, thanks for the pic grnxb!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Motobecane Phantom 29

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Got some great pictures but...???

Help me out here guys. I've got some great pictures of a self built Motobecane Phantom29 equip with some nice higher ends components (Reba, Blunt Rims, Stylo Crank, BB7"s) but I am having trouble figuring out how to post them to this forum. Suggestions/directions would be very helpful...thanks!

KPM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast