Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    i love my 2010 motobecane Fantom 29sl pro with XTR/XT gears. i just bought Gravity for my son.
    no problem but need to watch out for some issues like no true rims and few things. Generally pretty good with BD. Cant beat the $$.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by phkemp View Post
    How do you all like the Moto's and experience with BD (if that's where you got it?) I'm close to pulling the trigger on one, can't resist the price....
    Fantastic! I was a bit nervous myself but shipping was quick and free! I feel it is an excellent value for what I got, and the customer support has been quite helpful. If you get one, just make sure to go over it 100% and take your time, or take it to the LBS to tune it up for you. I was afraid to ride mine until it was inspected and tuned up. Now it runs like a champ and my friends can't keep up with me

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My 700HT was delivered late last week, I got around to putting it together and adjusted Sunday night. I've been on two single track rides so far, and have a grand total of 6 miles on it... with 3! flat tires. Not sure if the velociraptors are the weak link or the chen shin tubes they come supplied with... I'm upgrading tubes tonight and going back out...

Other than that, it's been great so far. Hoping to put a 14 mile ride down this weekend, if I can get some life out of a tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imag0869-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJerry View Post
    My 700HT was delivered late last week, I got around to putting it together and adjusted Sunday night. I've been on two single track rides so far, and have a grand total of 6 miles on it... with 3! flat tires. Not sure if the velociraptors are the weak link or the chen shin tubes they come supplied with... I'm upgrading tubes tonight and going back out...

Other than that, it's been great so far. Hoping to put a 14 mile ride down this weekend, if I can get some life out of a tube.
    What's the travel on the new Dart 2 fork?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Maybe you're not installing tubes and tires properly? 3 flats is a lot.

Wouldnt hurt to watch youtube videos on changing tubes as a refresher.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Decatur_Tide View Post
    What's the travel on the new Dart 2 fork?
    They come in 80 and 100mm. Mine looks to have 100mm of travel, but I zip tied it to check out travel after I swapped to the fat boy spring, and it's only traveling 80mm... so yeah, 80mm on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    Maybe you're not installing tubes and tires properly? 3 flats is a lot.

Wouldnt hurt to watch youtube videos on changing tubes as a refresher.
    I've got ~30 miles on it since this debacle, I have it figured out. The rear just blew, it still have my first replacement in it. The front had a thorn that was busted flush on the outside, so I didn't see it when I swapped tubes. All good now

BTW - very happy with this bike.

mtbr member
    Subscribed, nice looking motos here!!
    When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

my comp ds

sorry bout the dirt,just got back from a sloppy ride home from work.bought the frame off ebay,then pillaged my 700ds all except for the talas fork,float shock,code 5's, 203mm front rotor and a deore top pull derailer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-20120421154102.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-20120421154041.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I am pretty happy with this 2012 Fantom Team 26" Full Suspension.

Just finished moving my bike computer over to it and measuring the new wheel size for the computer.

Took it out for two rides in an aggresive MTB park and a regular singletrack trail. Put about 20 miles on it in two days and I am very pleased.

Still have to get used to the new lighter weight when climbing steep, sandy, turns with roots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_20120428_165514.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by doitda View Post
    I am pretty happy with this 2012 Fantom Team 26" Full Suspension.

Just finished moving my bike computer over to it and measuring the new wheel size for the computer.

Took it out for two rides in an aggresive MTB park and a regular singletrack trail. Put about 20 miles on it in two days and I am very pleased.

Still have to get used to the new lighter weight when climbing steep, sandy, turns with roots.
    Is that a medium?

Ti Fighter
    2012 Fly Team Ti 29

09'Felt Nine Solo
    12' Motobecane FLY Team 29 Titanium

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The evil twin sister to my other Moto... Enjoy

mtbr member
    Very nice, what is the weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    19.5lbs as she sits there...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Just got my Gravity 29point5, figured I could post it here. 21", 30.2lbs. Very happy with it. No issues with BD, shipping, or assembly. Only complaint is the QR seat clamp won't stay tight on trail. I want a bolt collar anyways.

One note: the bike came with a thur-axle, not listed on the site. Def. not a problem, but if anyone was wondering the specs might not always be 100% accurate. I'm fine with an unexpected upgrade though!

mtbr member
    It came with a 15mm fork?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    yes.

mtbr member
    I can second that. I bought a Moto Pro (advertised as X9) about a month ago and unexpectedly got a 15 mm thru axle (maxle lite is what rockshox calls it).

I was happy as I'm a bigger guy and people have recommended to stay away from the standard 9mm QR dropouts.

Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Motobecane Fantom 29PRO

mtbr member
    my last pic of my moto, got a Haro Mary SS to replace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-burma.jpg  

I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Got my second gnarly ride in with my moto today. Couldnt be happier.

Fantom 29 Elite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_20120603_122340.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

my 4th love after my kids and wife

This is my baby. Such a nice bike that creepy bike thieves have tried to knock me off twice. Homeowners insurance would cover it but with.very little stock to replace it. Call me old fasion.but I love 26ers. This is such a pimp commuter on the pothole ridden roads in buffalo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-imag0001.jpg  

Last edited by kindwon; 06-15-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: im dumb at postin picks

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kindwon View Post
    ...Call me old fasion.but I love 26ers...
    Me too. I wanted to try the FS thing. I picked up this new Fantom Team frame with shock off fleabay and moved the parts over from my hardtail: Manitou R7, XT drivetrain, ZTR Arch wheelset, Avid BB7's, blah, blah. I LOVE this bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Well, it took me awhile to finally get these, but here are some photos of my Fantom DS Pro. Took it out for a spin at the local trail today and rode about 14 miles. It was dry, hot, and dusty! Yesterday, I ripped the seat off the rails. my belt got caught on the tip of the seat while in a climb and the old plastic just gave out. Spent about half an hour at a bench trying to pop the rails back into place. Now it's got the gorilla tape treatment.

I built up this bike from the frame up. Got the frame and shock off pinkbike.com and took all the parts from my old Trek ht (my childhood bike which I got after I stopped growing), then upgraded parts as I felt the need. I pretty much built this bike around a fork I got for cheap off craigslist, which wasn't compatible with my Trek. Now I'm slowly upgrading the components so that I can rebuild the old Trek and use it as a loaner bike or maybe turn it into a commuter.

This is byfar the best bike I've ever had. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-dsc00224.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00225.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00226.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00237.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00243.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-1-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-2-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-3-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-4-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-photo-6-.jpg  

Last edited by Koin; 06-24-2012 at 08:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    Jus t scored this on Craigslist today. After a quick tune she rides really well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-290060_10151065052450831_1510967930_o.jpg  

"To expand your comfort zone, you have to leave it."

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast