Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cberry View Post
    Okay, since seeing all these awesome bikes and getting some motivation I have been updating my bike. I know single pivot rear is not optimal but neither is life, kudos to those that can buy the best, I ride the crap out of mine and love it. BTW, I weigh 230lbs and this bike is intuitive to my moves, I believe it comes down to tuning basically
    Cberry-a moto on the table??? you must have an understanding wife......or not. Anyway, glad you ride the hell out of it,,no worries about anything else. You and your rig in the outdoors, that's it.
    I love 'Murica!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

2012 Motbecane Fantom Comp DS.

It's my all mountain ride. I'm 220 with gear and it's been reliable on some pretty wild epic trails like cannell plunge and other loose rocky drops.

mtbr member
    My 529HT all finished up. Nice set up on a budget. New SLX 2x10 drivetrain, Manitou tower fork, Ritchey carbon post, and Ritchey stem and bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_20141111_135312.jpg  

Last edited by TheMaxwell; 11-12-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    ***** Don't tell ask! *****

cberry
    This is pretty much the final product after much trial and error, hydrolic brakes will be added next week. I love the single front chain ring, eliminates the confusion with gear changes if not ridden in awhile. One hand does all the work up or down, and just less clutter for a cleaner look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_2490-2-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

After 3 years of rocking the Moto

So it's been about 3 years since I first got my first real mtb back in college. I'm a 6th grade science teacher now and wishing I had more time to ride. But my trusty Fantom Pro DS has yet to let me down these past 3 years. Lots of upgrades to the bike since then.

-2014 Rock Shox Reba fork (changed the lowers so that I could take advantage of the 15mm thru axle - what a difference over the 9mm QR)
    -Rebuilt front wheel with XT hub to accept the thru axle (still lovin the WTB frequency i23 rims - indestructible!)
    -2014 Rock Shox Monarch RT3 shock - previous one was not the correct tune for the frame.
    -SLX crankset
    -Raceface Narrow Wide chainring
    -XT 11-36 10spd cassette
    -SLX dynasys derailleur
    -One Up Rage Cage - makes shifting with the 42T dinner plate better
    -Wolf Tooth 42T cassette adapter with 16T swap in.
    -Easton EC 70 carbon bars
    -Shimano XTR 10spd shifter
    -Shimano XTR brake levers (still rockin the BB7s - thinkin of XT hydro soon tho)
    -Specialized Command Post Blacklite dropper post
    -Specialized Phenom Saddle
    -Nokon cable housing for all cables - if you've got mechanical brakes, swapping to these housings makes a HUGE difference in stopping power. Makes the brakes so much more responsive. Same with a cable dropper post. Keeps muck out of shifter cables too. Love em.
    -Specialized Ground Control 26 x 2.3 front
    -Specialized Fast Trak 26 x 2.1 rear
    -Shimano M647 spd pedals
    -Shimano Saint flat pedals (depends on what I feel like)
    -Specialized bottle cage - cheap walmart cage died long ago

All of these upgrades have made the bike feel like an entirely new monster! We've been on quite a few adventures together. After all of the jumps, crashes, falls, and drops, this bike is still going strong! Sure a new 650b or 29er would be awesome, but this fantom has been great - as long as I'm not racing a 29er hardtail.

At the top is the most recent photos taken at Palo Duro Canyon, oldest photos at the bottom at the local River Legacy Park trail.

And this is why my fiance says we're broke... This and the rest of the stable - which half are hers haha. Of course if I didn't work in a bike shop during and after college none of this would have been possible.

Lets see some of the previous posters motos after all this time! Are you still rockin them? Or have you moved on to a new relationship? What have you changed since then?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_4009-small.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_4015.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_2929-small.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_3057.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00406.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-dsc00408.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-first-build.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cberry View Post
    This is pretty much the final product after much trial and error, hydrolic brakes will be added next week. I love the single front chain ring, eliminates the confusion with gear changes if not ridden in awhile. One hand does all the work up or down, and just less clutter for a cleaner look.
    Singe front rings are AWESOME! Pair that up with a dinner plate 42T on the rear and you're set! Awesome moto!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koin View Post
    So it's been about 3 years since I first got my first real mtb back in college. I'm a 6th grade science teacher now and wishing I had more time to ride. But my trusty Fantom Pro DS has yet to let me down these past 3 years. Lots of upgrades to the bike since then.

-2014 Rock Shox Reba fork (changed the lowers so that I could take advantage of the 15mm thru axle - what a difference over the 9mm QR)
    -Rebuilt front wheel with XT hub to accept the thru axle (still lovin the WTB frequency i23 rims - indestructible!)
    -2014 Rock Shox Monarch RT3 shock - previous one was not the correct tune for the frame.
    -SLX crankset
    -Raceface Narrow Wide chainring
    -XT 11-36 10spd cassette
    -SLX dynasys derailleur
    -One Up Rage Cage - makes shifting with the 42T dinner plate better
    -Wolf Tooth 42T cassette adapter with 16T swap in.
    -Easton EC 70 carbon bars
    -Shimano XTR 10spd shifter
    -Shimano XTR brake levers (still rockin the BB7s - thinkin of XT hydro soon tho)
    -Specialized Command Post Blacklite dropper post
    -Specialized Phenom Saddle
    -Nokon cable housing for all cables - if you've got mechanical brakes, swapping to these housings makes a HUGE difference in stopping power. Makes the brakes so much more responsive. Same with a cable dropper post. Keeps muck out of shifter cables too. Love em.
    -Specialized Ground Control 26 x 2.3 front
    -Specialized Fast Trak 26 x 2.1 rear
    -Shimano M647 spd pedals
    -Shimano Saint flat pedals (depends on what I feel like)
    -Specialized bottle cage - cheap walmart cage died long ago

All of these upgrades have made the bike feel like an entirely new monster! We've been on quite a few adventures together. After all of the jumps, crashes, falls, and drops, this bike is still going strong! Sure a new 650b or 29er would be awesome, but this fantom has been great - as long as I'm not racing a 29er hardtail.

At the top is the most recent photos taken at Palo Duro Canyon, oldest photos at the bottom at the local River Legacy Park trail.

And this is why my fiance says we're broke... This and the rest of the stable - which half are hers haha. Of course if I didn't work in a bike shop during and after college none of this would have been possible.

Lets see some of the previous posters motos after all this time! Are you still rockin them? Or have you moved on to a new relationship? What have you changed since then?
    Hey coin, what kind of light are you using? Your Moto looks great. glad you still have a relationship with it. I love my Moto 650b 6by6. I have already changed the grips, stem, bars, added a dropper, and replaced the 38t outter chainring with a RF 32t. Future plans are to go single ring (30t RF) with 40 or 42 sprocket out back and some lighter/wider wheels.
    I love 'Murica!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by coot271 View Post
    Hey coin, what kind of light are you using? Your Moto looks great. glad you still have a relationship with it. I love my Moto 650b 6by6. I have already changed the grips, stem, bars, added a dropper, and replaced the 38t outter chainring with a RF 32t. Future plans are to go single ring (30t RF) with 40 or 42 sprocket out back and some lighter/wider wheels.
    The light in the photo was just some no name small led light that wasn't much use. Helped cars see me while commuting to college, but other than that it wasn't that great. It actually broke about 2 years ago.

When I had time to ride more, I did a lot of night riding with my shop buddies. I used a Light and Motion Taz 1200 on the handlebar (that thing was like riding with the sun on the bars) and a Light and Motion Urban 500 on my helmet. That combo made night riding as easy as riding in the day. Except it wasn't as hot, and of course there were always spider webs out. But other than that it was awesome.

For a helmet light I'd recommend the Night Rider Lumina 750. I like the cooling fins on that light - my urban 500 gets SUPER hot. The helmet mount is much more study than the urbans.

Your 6by6 looks amazing! Way more capable bike than mine. What wheels are on it? I think I remember Bikesdirect saying that it's got the WTB frequency i25 on it. I've got the 26 version of the i23 and they are amazing rims. Since i got the wheelset 2 years ago, I've never had to true them despite all of the abuse and numerous crashes I've had. I attribute their durability to the I beam WTB uses. The only time I had to true the front wheel was when I rebuilt it with a new hub.

While I know lighter wheels are always better in terms of efficiency, I can't help but think that durability needs to have some consideration as well. One of my shop buddies has had to rebuild his front wheel so many times due to taco'd rims that he's fed up with trying new things. He always puts a lightish rim on it, DT Swiss something I can't remember. It's a light rim and he's super fast on the bike, but any kind of jumps or drops unnerve him now. Different riding style I suppose. Gotta find your balance point I suppose.

Does your 6by6 have stealth dropper routing on the frame as well? That'd be cool.Post pics of your moto.-img_4021.jpg

cberry
    Thanks for the kind words, your bike rocks! I'm old school 8 speed on the rear, another tooth I don't think will matter. As long as I can pull a long wheelie and go down stairs stable I am good. I do have the weight down to 26.5 lbs, pretty much easier to toss it up a hill than pedal lol. Don't hate, I'm an old man, doing this for fun to keep up with my kids and their 20's.

mtbr member

My 600HT

Below is my 600HT I bought a couple years ago on sale from bikesdirect.com.

I geared it up to do a little trail riding and a little spring turkey hunting. Excellent price, excellent bike that gets the job done and provides a lot of enjoyment.

mtbr member
    May 2015

Shimano XTR 2x11 2015 Motobecane FLY Team29 Titanium

Here is mine, 8 months of daily rides, ugly top tube decal removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    The final product, it has been a fun ride. Weight is down to 26 lbs, Professional BMX riders in my town love to ride this bike. Videos to come soon. The only part on this bike original is the crank set and rear gears, I can't complain on how it suits me.
    I could list my favorite mods, for sure the fox, and even hydraulic 203mm brakes. the grips are what makes this ride nice, I would suggest them to anyone, super tacky and comfortable.

Now I want a fat bike, anybody open for a swap?

Pictures do not do justice on this bike, it shines, many coats of clear on raw aluminum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-img_2716-2-.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-img_2712.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hey Koin, sorry that I haven't replied sooner. My 6by6 has external stealth routing.....it's cool, but my reverb hose hits the rocker when I lower the post. I'll post up some pics of that when I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koin View Post
    The light in the photo was just some no name small led light that wasn't much use. Helped cars see me while commuting to college, but other than that it wasn't that great. It actually broke about 2 years ago.

When I had time to ride more, I did a lot of night riding with my shop buddies. I used a Light and Motion Taz 1200 on the handlebar (that thing was like riding with the sun on the bars) and a Light and Motion Urban 500 on my helmet. That combo made night riding as easy as riding in the day. Except it wasn't as hot, and of course there were always spider webs out. But other than that it was awesome.

For a helmet light I'd recommend the Night Rider Lumina 750. I like the cooling fins on that light - my urban 500 gets SUPER hot. The helmet mount is much more study than the urbans.

Your 6by6 looks amazing! Way more capable bike than mine. What wheels are on it? I think I remember Bikesdirect saying that it's got the WTB frequency i25 on it. I've got the 26 version of the i23 and they are amazing rims. Since i got the wheelset 2 years ago, I've never had to true them despite all of the abuse and numerous crashes I've had. I attribute their durability to the I beam WTB uses. The only time I had to true the front wheel was when I rebuilt it with a new hub.

While I know lighter wheels are always better in terms of efficiency, I can't help but think that durability needs to have some consideration as well. One of my shop buddies has had to rebuild his front wheel so many times due to taco'd rims that he's fed up with trying new things. He always puts a lightish rim on it, DT Swiss something I can't remember. It's a light rim and he's super fast on the bike, but any kind of jumps or drops unnerve him now. Different riding style I suppose. Gotta find your balance point I suppose.

Does your 6by6 have stealth dropper routing on the frame as well? That'd be cool.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4021.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	962721
    I love 'Murica!

mtbr member
    ok, here is the post lowered..... you can see where the hose tucks under the rocker..... sometimes it goes outboard. Its a clean look when its fully raised.

About the wheels, i have the 6by6 "1.0" and it came with vuelta wheels and hubs.... they seem to be okay and are staying true so far, but would like something wider and lighter....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-image.jpg  

Post pics of your moto.-image.jpg  

I love 'Murica!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coot271 View Post
    ok, here is the post lowered..... you can see where the hose tucks under the rocker..... sometimes it goes outboard. Its a clean look when its fully raised.

About the wheels, i have the 6by6 "1.0" and it came with vuelta wheels and hubs.... they seem to be okay and are staying true so far, but would like something wider and lighter....
    How do you like the 6by6? I'm looking at a few different bikes, but for the money this might be the ticket. I ride mostly freeride trails, but want to be able to climb (instead of push, lol) and ride more flow/distance trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon71 View Post
    How do you like the 6by6? I'm looking at a few different bikes, but for the money this might be the ticket. I ride mostly freeride trails, but want to be able to climb (instead of push, lol) and ride more flow/distance trails.
    Deacon, I dont think you can beat it for the money. Its a good rig and highly recommended. As far as climbing, its just as capable as my 29er HT. The money saved could be used for a dropper post or wider wheels. Its a do-it-most bike for me.
    I love 'Murica!

mtbr member

Post pics of your moto.

Here is my 2016 527 DS. Bike is great so far. Basic parts come equipped. My flatland bmx seat added for comfort and old tradition of something old with something new. (Primo now old school seat.). Pedal upgrades next going for wider lighter platform pedals stockers are smooth slippery and narrow. Tires do well till they hit soft beach sand. I have to tweak the gears they jump track on third ring. Highest gear. Bike has weight but I've had bmx bikes in the past that weighed more. I miss my sponsor days from when I was younger over twenty years ago. Bike parts are ridiculously expensive these days haha. Found out I get 60 percent off diamondback bikes so I'm considering picking up a mission 1. My wife likes this frame a lot and wants to take it.... Not sure how I feel about that yet. As things break or fail on trail upgrades will ensue.

Bone stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My little friends
    Post pics of your moto.-vw_zpscw2mmdvu.jpg

Crusher of old cars!

mtbr member

Destroyer of tanks

If I ever find myself lost, I just change where I'm going.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Right before my very first MTB ride.

Post pics of your moto.-mtb.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtb.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	1029239
    Nice! is that a 450HT? Can't see it on the pic. I also dig your saddle bag.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Nice! is that a 450HT? Can't see it on the pic. I also dig your saddle bag.
    529HT. The Saddlebag is Amazon.com : BV Bicycle Strap-On Saddle/Seat Bag, Small, Black : Bike Wedges : Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Thanks for link Vexxer.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake

Giggity!

mtbr member

At dawn the adventure begins.

If I ever find myself lost, I just change where I'm going.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Fantom Pro Ti 29

Here is my after Christmas present. I have not got it out on any dirt yet, were a little snow bound right now. I have put about 30 miles and over 1000 feet of climbing. I like the acceleration and cannot wait to really go for it. I've removed the foam grips and added lockons. Switched out the FSA triple crankset for an SLX 2x, I prefer 170s and I really like 2x over 1x. I'm looking for an 11-30 to switch to. Also switched out the Guide brakes for SLX. oh, and stole seat from former bike after just one ride.
    Post pics of your moto.-20160114_193849-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsync View Post
    Here is mine, 8 months of daily rides, ugly top tube decal removed.
    Has that Streem seat been comfortable?I just got my Ti 29er and just sitting on it for a minute seems uncomfortable.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy83843 View Post
    Here is my after Christmas present. I have not got it out on any dirt yet, were a little snow bound right now. I have put about 30 miles and over 1000 feet of climbing. I like the acceleration and cannot wait to really go for it. I've removed the foam grips and added lockons. Switched out the FSA triple crankset for an SLX 2x, I prefer 170s and I really like 2x over 1x. I'm looking for an 11-30 to switch to. Also switched out the Guide brakes for SLX. oh, and stole seat from former bike after just one ride.

Name:	20160114_193849-1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	1044253
    Sweet looks good! I just unboxed mine a few days ago. I got the X9 version but looks to have same other components as yours. Yours has Recon solo air too? You like that fork? I haven't got to ride mine yet but update parts are in the way...wider bars, shorter stem, saddle, grips, maxxis tires. Incredible bike for $1599. I have the XXL version and that top tube is looooong. Glad though cause I'm 6-5".

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I switched out the stem too. I'm going to steal the bars off my other bike. They are a hair wider and flat. I'm 5'10" and got the large. I do have goofy long arms. It's felt great on the road. I can't wait to get in on the dirt. And the stock seat lasted one ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    My 2016 Fantom 29 Comp.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

450ds

plenty of bike for a 58 year old fart returning to off road trail riding.

Post pics of your moto.-muddy-bike.jpg

love this bike on rocky, rooty, steep singletracks out here. putting a ks291r on it in a couple of days to settle the rear end a little on the descents, and rocky climbs.

mtbr member
    That fact that this place actually has a Moto page is pretty exceptional. I can't understand why people flame these totally capable bikes...which are pretty much just more expensive bike, with a different name!

2016 Fantom X7 29er, which I instantly turned into a 2x10 during the build. My saddle and I dropped the stock bars/stem (which are pretty terrible, I admit) for the much better cockpit from my old bike. Actually, I just threw some Kore 740mm bars on two days ago (like them vs. the 660's)

Moderate upgrades to be done throughout the summer, including tubeless (I think) as the budget allows. Took it to Fruita for it's initial major shakedown and I was NOT disappointed!
    Post pics of your moto.-hellomotoi.jpg
    The member formerly known as Redtires....

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

450ds. 2016 version

Attachment 1067316
    Post pics of your moto.-motobecane-mods-1024x576-.jpg

i really like this bike. cheap, solid and does rocky rooty muddy trails just fine, with 10% rocky rooty climbs. lots of fun.
    well I posted this one in error and can't delete it, so here's an update to it...pics to follow in a couple of days.

I just put a ks291r rear shock (huge improvement) and got my wtb bronson tcs tires in the garage. when my wheelset and tape get here i'll post a new pic of the 32 pound version of this bike. Quick test ride over a known nad cruncher in my yard with the new shock proves it is a winner. pedal bob is all but gone and easily managed, ride is amazing and the 2016 version of the xct fork seems nicer now too. ks291r is money well spent for a 150mm rear shock...easy install. 9 rebound damping settings that actually work. got it on ebay from chasertech..it's a rebranded shock.

The only other mods on the bike are a nashbar seatpost cut down, a nashbar seat, and wellgo bmx pedals of some number i'm too lazy to look at.

The pic is with the wtb tcs bronson 2.1 tires on st i23 rims. these knocked a legitimate 1.5 pounds off each OEM tire hub/rim combo....new ones are deore hubs. i was shocked and pleased. Now the bike, even with the heavy wellgo pedals, inner tube chainstay wrap and bottle and pump brackets weighs 2.5 lbs less than when i bought it and most of that is in the wheels.

New weight is 32.5 pounds as close as i can figure it with averages on our digital bathroom scale and several weighings. the high was 33, all of the lows were 32 and there were more of those, so i'll stay conservative and round it to the middle.

It weighed right at 35 when i bought it, every time, no variations. that was with the wellgo pedals.

Anyway, you can actually feel it wheeling the bike around and lifting onto the bench for work, etc..i just got it together, and it's thunderstorming, but i'm expecting great things when i get to ride it , hopefully later today.

I mean, I already liked it before, but felt the weight in the wheels, being an old road cyclist originally and riding a 700c hybrid for my former offroading.

very pleased with the bike and looking forward to the new lighter wheels on the road and on the trails...

Update to the update:
    720mm bars and 40mm stem have further transformed the bike for my 5' 6" frame. Here's the new no-kidding 32 pound final, current version....right at 32 pounds. This was a target weight i wasn't sure i could get to without changing pedals and serious component upgrades. turns out it was cheap and easy.

Post pics of your moto.-1.jpg
    And here's one with the seat up for the katy trail and gravel roads around here.
    Post pics of your moto.-high-seat.jpg
    Last edited by ronrex; 05-20-2016 at 03:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Just arrived...

Post pics of your moto.-hal6-1.jpg
    I need to ride more...

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by camekanix View Post
    Just arrived...

Name:	Hal6-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	1074893
    sweet! I want.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by camekanix View Post
    Just arrived...

Name:	Hal6-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	308.2 KB 
ID:	1074893
    you live in Arizona ? If I had to guess, I'd say that is McDowell Mt Regional Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Some updated pictures of my Fantom 29er. Started as a 2016 Comp.

Converted to 1x10 with a RaceFace N/W 30T and Shimano Zee Shadow+ RD. Put on RaceFace Atlas bars (cut down to 750mm) and a RaceFace Atlas 50mm stem. Other than that, I've put 29x2.3 Specialized Ground Control tires.

Been riding it around a lot and I love it. Hoping to do a 11-42T cassette soon and hopefully some sort of air fork when funds allow.

Album below.

Motobecane Fantom29 Comp - Album on Imgur

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    2016 Motobecane 529HT in 13" frame after customization for my girlfriend (a 5'2" rider). Bike weighs 27.5lbs including the pedals. Many components were the stock components from my modified 2011 Rockhopper Pro SL 29er. Component details below:

Stock Motobecane 529HT Components:
    *Tektro Draco Hydraulic Brakes

Replaced or upgraded components:
    *Mountain King 2.4 front tire - 1st generation design (tubeless)
    *Captain Control 2.0 rear tire (tubeless)
    *160mm G2 Brake Rotor front - Tektro rear rotor 160mm
    *RockShox Recon Silver TK Solo-Air 80mm Fork
    *Cane Creek Headset
    *Shimano SLX 9-Speed rear derailleur
    *Shimano Deore rear derailleur shifter
    *Shimano 9-Speed Cassette - 11x34
    *Shimano Hollowtech II Internal Bottom Bracket
    *Race Face Narrow Wide 30t Chainring - Red
    *Thomson Elite Seatpost
    *Easton EA50 60mm Stem
    *Easton EA50 straight Handlebar (580mm)
    *DT Swiss 485d Wheel Set
    *Ergon GP1 Grips
    *Chainstay protector is just an old auto cable-protector, zip tied
    *KMC Chain

Post pics of your moto.-8-3-16-252.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

2016 Motobecane Fantom 27.5 Plus X9

I had a 2012 GT Karakoram 2 before this bike that was too big for me (Large frame, I'm 5-7). I wanted to get something that rode smoother and fit me correctly -- after reading lots of reviews I decided on giving the Fantom 27.5+ x9 a try.
    I've put about 40 miles on it so far and I can't stop smiling. My confidence has gone way up and there doesn't seem to be anything this bike can't go over. I even rode it through deep sand with no problem. The only thing holding this bike back occasionally is the old guy propelling it.
    It looks like lots of people rip on these bikes on these forums, but I love mine -- everything about it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post pics of your moto.-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

Looking at buying a Moto Carbon

Hey guys! I read the posts and am now super hyped about grabbing this Moto Carbon off Craigslist for $850. First of all..is that a good price (even though its 6yrs old)? And also, is it a 2009 Moto Carbon 3 or a 2010 Moto Carbon 2?

It also has a chip in the fame. (shown in the last picture) Do you think this is something I should worry about with a carbon frame? ...or does it not look too bad.

Post pics of your moto.-.jpgPost pics of your moto.-%24.jpgPost pics of your moto.-.jpgPost pics of your moto.-%40.jpg

Thanks alot!

Daniel

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmy83843 View Post

Name:	20160114_193849-1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	1044253
    Very nice, I like the TI frames. Question, you mentioned switching the guide brakes for slx? We're they the guide r? Any chance of selling them?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sorry, Sold them right after this pic was taken.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213