mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Pic request: Debadged Ti Frames and a question about it for those who've done so.

Hey guys,
    In the process of building up a 09' Fly team Ti I got a super duper deal on.

I've already removed the wheel stickers, but I'm unsure if I want to take the plunge and remove the Motobecane painted on logos on the bike. Does anyone any pictures of a debadged Moto made of Ti? Prefferably from multiple angles and/or during the day outside.

Back in the day, I always removed the stickers from my BMX bikes that were all chrome, as well as my cars. I just found it to give a much cleaner look, as well as ward off any potential thieves.

The biggest Issue I had with debadging things, was the fact that the paint or material underneath the stickers/logos was a different color than the rest of the bike, which saw direct sunlight. This created kind of a "ghosting" effect where the logos were.

I don't really want to remove all the logos, only to find out that I have that same ghosting effect permanently there, forcing me to end up getting stickers to cover up those areas again.

Being a noob to Titanium and Ti Bikes, is this something that I may run into with the ghosting or does Titanium not fade like a chrome would?

Any pictures would be hella awsome, I slugged through a search, and the moto pic thread, but could not find any good pictures of a debadged Ti bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    So, I just took all the lettering/paint off the frame, and sadly I still have a slight ghost image where the lettering was. I used citri strip on the recommendation of a few people that have done this before.

Appears theres not a whole lotta interest here, so not sure how many have run into this. But unless someone has a better idea I'm going to use some 0000 steel wool and some polish to try and remove the ghosting remaining on the ti.

I've also sanded off the logos on my carbon stuff using a 600 then 1200 grit wet sanding, as well as some other logos. Only thing with anything left on it is the derailers and shifters, I did leave the ora decal for now.

mtbr member
    This post has a pic on the second page.

Moto Sticker removal methods?

There are a few others in the past threads also, this is just the first one I found. Enjoy your new ride.
    Intense Spider29 / Motobecane FlyTi29

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I used brake cleaner to remove the decals from my Phantom Cross, and then polished with a compound to clean it up. Worked well. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I used citristrip. It worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by steveohio View Post
    So, I just took all the lettering/paint off the frame, and sadly I still have a slight ghost image where the lettering was. I used citri strip on the recommendation of a few people that have done this before.

Appears theres not a whole lotta interest here, so not sure how many have run into this. But unless someone has a better idea I'm going to use some 0000 steel wool and some polish to try and remove the ghosting remaining on the ti.

I've also sanded off the logos on my carbon stuff using a 600 then 1200 grit wet sanding, as well as some other logos. Only thing with anything left on it is the derailers and shifters, I did leave the ora decal for now.