mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Ordered Fantom Comp

Just ordered my Fantom Comp after looking at lots of bikes. Ordered it on Friday and is being delivered Thursday 8-28. After some apprehension about doing mail order just decided to pull the trigger. My neighbor who pulls wrenches at the LBS is ready to check it out. He has heard nothing but good things as well and is not really concerned that i bought online as he knows he will get lots of follow up business with serveice and accessories. Will report back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i am looking at that bike- what size did you end up with??? remember to post pics.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I went with the 20". Same size as i have ridden i nthe past. I am 6' and looking at the geometry specs of the bike it should be a great fit. Will post the pics and let you know how easy it is to put together.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    So, I got the bike today when I came home from work. 10 minutes unboxing and about 45 mintuse putting it together. It looks even better in person and am can't wait t otake it out tomorrow. Cutting out of work at 3....ok 2 and headed to the trails for a little test. Will post pics later and report back on the first ride.

At this point can't ask for much else. Great price, quick delivery, and quick setup.

aka übermensch
    Definitely post pics. I think that should be a prerequisite...lol.
    08 Ibis Mojo SL
    09 Ibis Tranny SingleSpeed

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've had a fantom comp for about 2 months now (hardtail) and it's just amazing. About 2 days ago I decided to work on dialing in the suspension. After this, the bike was even better. I'm not used to a real fork ( I had some 60mm RST fork for years before this), I was thrown of the bike by the rebound being maxed out on the Tora, but thats no longer a problem. Anyway, I need to get around to finally posing pics. It's nothing less than an awesome bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm assuming I have to email Bikesdirect as a first step to see if something can be done about my leaking Tora302? Has anyone else around here gone through this with BD yet? Also, i was reading that you're not putting yourself in harm by riding the fork while it's leaking oil, but will it do much damage to the fork itself? I'll try to take it easy for the time being. Thanks.