Frt Range, CO

Not so great warrenty service...from Trek

I guess the great GF/Trek warrenty is not all it is said to be:

How long is reasonable to replace frame?

LOL, I expected better from Trek since the LBS was supposed to be the end all to warrenty issues

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have two questions for you.

1. Why is this posted in the Motobecane forum?

2. Did you not read the entire thread? It was resolved, and found to be a problem with the owner of the local bike store, not Trek. Maybe you should say LBSs are not all that they are said to be because Trek came through for him.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Bushwacker
    Yeah, it was resolved after a month of little to no feedback from Trek and they had an attitude too.
    Lame customer service by both the lbs and Trek.
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

tcufrog02
    Please learn how to spell warranty.

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    1. Why is this posted in the Motobecane forum?
    Perhaps you haven' been following the threads where GF/Trek owners bash Moto/Windsor and claim one of the best reason to own a GF/Trek is the great warrenty. LOL, doesn't looks so great now.

Please learn how to spell warranty.
    LOL, please look up the word "pedantic"

How do you know a GF/Trek owner never rides their bike?

It's not broken yet

Take a look at the GF/Trek sub forum if you want to read lots about broken frames warrenty events.

mtbr member
    Whatever makes you feel better about your purchase.
    Draft College Republicans

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Its childish stuff like your thread that gives Motobecane owners a bad name. I mean do you need to delight in other peoples problems to feel better about having crappy warranty service from Motobecane? Do you really want to try to compare Trek's long running record of great warranty service to Motobecane? In the end the guy in that thread is not blaming Trek, the only people blaming Trek are a few people here who have nothing to do with the whole situation. I mean someone here said Trek had attitude, the guy in that thread never said anything about Trek giving him attitude. So maybe if you guys want to make those kind of comments you should do it in that thread where people can actually call you out for all the bs you write.

Maybe you should try to be more open-minded about things and stop being such a Motobecane fanboy. I love my Motobecane, but that doesn't mean that I have to ignore reality and try to make them out to be the best bike company out there. The company (really bikesdirect) leaves a lot to be desired. But for the prices they charge it would be ridiculous to expect them to be like Trek or Cannondale etc. They are great for what they are, a company that sells great bikes at great prices, but they do not have great warranty service. Trek is not making him ship his entire bike off to get warranty service like Motobecane would!
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Bushwacker
    I mean someone here said Trek had attitude, the guy in that thread never said anything about Trek giving him attitude.

He said it right here, "It has been a little over a month, and my calls every 10 days or so (clearly not excessive) to check progress have not been well received by either entity."
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

tcufrog02
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter
    Perhaps you haven' been following the threads where GF/Trek owners bash Moto/Windsor and claim one of the best reason to own a GF/Trek is the great warrenty. LOL, doesn't looks so great now.

LOL, please look up the word "pedantic"

How do you know a GF/Trek owner never rides their bike?

It's not broken yet

Take a look at the GF/Trek sub forum if you want to read lots about broken frames warrenty events.
    So. Please look up "warranty."

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by tcufrog02
    So. Please look up "warranty."
    to busy riding, waxer

warrenty, warrenty, warrenty

Its childish stuff like your thread that gives Motobecane owners a bad name.
    You''ll get over it

BTW, who cares about the BD warrenty? I can buy a new frame for $120, swap the parts over myself, I saved a cool $500 buying my 29er. Has anyone seen a broken Moto/Windsor frame yet? Take a look at the Trek/GF site, tons of threads.

A non-broken GF/Trek frame is a non-riden bike....

Former Bike Wrench

Couldn't have said it better myself

They (BikesDirect) are great for what they are, a company that sells great bikes at great prices, but they do not have great warranty service. Trek is not making him ship his entire bike off to get warranty service like Motobecane would!
    Very well put!

I love my Windsor, but I know that if the frame fails...I will simply buy a new frame instead of spending the money to ship the entire bike back. That is the risk I took to save $700 over a Trek, Fisher, Specialized, or Giant

tcufrog02
    too busy riding, waxer

warranty, warranty, warranty
    But you're not too busy to start a worthless thread. Awesome. Waxer...whatever that means.

tcufrog02
    Has anyone seen a broken Moto/Windsor frame yet? Take a look at the Trek/GF site, tons of threads.

A non-broken GF/Trek frame is a non-riden bike....
    Which company sales more bikes?
    Last edited by tcufrog02; 09-18-2008 at 05:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcufrog02
    Which company sales more bikes?
    And which company sells bikes that people are winning races on?
    Draft College Republicans