I'll weigh mine today after work.

Tapped

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrone View Post
    I'll weigh mine today after work.

Tapped
    Appreciate it.

Edit: My Advance weighs in at just over 31.5 lbs with computer and tool bag.
    Last edited by Mudinyeri; 07-31-2012 at 12:32 PM.

mtbr member
    30 lbs ballpark. I only have a home scale

Tapped

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrone View Post
    30 lbs ballpark. I only have a home scale

Tapped
    Thanks. Same ballpark as my Advance with 1.5" tires on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I just brought this bike and I'm a newbie to bike assembly. I attached everything with one exception. I'm having trouble attaching the front brake cable to the handlebar levers. I try stretching the notch to the lever but the cable line comes up short when stretch (a inch only)....is the cable line defective? any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is it disc or V brake? If v brake disconnect it above the tire where the noodle enters the metal bracket. Then connect the cable to brake lever then try reconnecting it with the silver noodle just above the tire. If its disc, you may have to loosen the cable clamping bolt on the disc brake itself and set the cable into the lever then retension and tighten the cable clamping bolt at the disc brake itself...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by On3_kn0WN View Post
    Is it disc or V brake? If v brake disconnect it above the tire where the noodle enters the metal bracket. Then connect the cable to brake lever then try reconnecting it with the silver noodle just above the tire. If its disc, you may have to loosen the cable clamping bolt on the disc brake itself and set the cable into the lever then retension and tighten the cable clamping bolt at the disc brake itself...
    Its a disc brake. I will give it a try tonite. Many thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    many tkts to on3_kn0wn...it works... awaiting helmet to come & will test it out soon...excited...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for this thread! I have been looking at this bike & am getting ready to purchase. I have a little concern for the weight though, wish it were a bit lighter...

I am 68.5" tall/30" in-seam & weigh 165.

30-35 lb. bikes seem a bit heavy to me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by katztek View Post
    Thanks for this thread! I have been looking at this bike & am getting ready to purchase. I have a little concern for the weight though, wish it were a bit lighter...

I am 68.5" tall/30" in-seam & weigh 165.

30-35 lb. bikes seem a bit heavy to me.
    With a front suspension, it will be heavier...much lighter w/o it. pick another model if weight is the issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    With my inseam - 30", it looks like the 15.5 model will be the correct fit for me, with a stand over height of 744mm/ 29.29 inches. I would think the smaller model should weigh a bit less as well.

Getting close to placing an order for this one. I like the concept of the 29er bikes - looks like a lot of fun & a comfortable ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    68 in, 30 in inseam, 155 lbs. Fantom 29 Pro 15.5 fits great. Does feel big but I think that is a 29er thing. Everything I need to reach is in the right place.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by katztek View Post
    With my inseam - 30", it looks like the 15.5 model will be the correct fit for me, with a stand over height of 744mm/ 29.29 inches. I would think the smaller model should weigh a bit less as well.

Getting close to placing an order for this one. I like the concept of the 29er bikes - looks like a lot of fun & a comfortable ride!
    I have roughly the same inseam and I went 17.5 on the elite adventure, honestly I could have went bigger, as some one else had mentioned, perhaps not on this forum, stand over is odd on these bikes because of the rake or recline of the frame, so there is room to go bigger frame. I feel a bit small on my bike, could be because I'm used to riding an oversized frame, however.

Tapped

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    9 Iron Elite..... 30 inch inseam....17 inch frame. I love nothing more than blasting by people on "Silver" as my bike has been so appropriately named.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    oh yeah....29.8 lbs, without water bottle, and pump...but WITH Thudbuster ST.

Anti-elitist
    Sep 2012
    Dang... I'm 5' 6" + with 31" (Not actual, I just wear that size; I'm more 30.25) inseam and I got the 15.5" Elite. It's a tad small and I'm borderline (I think), but I'm gonna grow a couple inches, so I'm going to outgrow it. Aw man.

Seat tube is set to max, but I can get a longer stem and tube later. Overall pretty comfortable, I prefer small to big. I don't know how that'll change when I'm around 5 7 to 5 8.

As far as weight goes, remember that you're getting a hardtail MTB with slightly slimmer tires. Not to mention that it's a 29er.
    Last edited by sauprankul; 09-05-2012 at 11:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    First lemme say Hi to everyone on the board. A newbie here, just ordered my 1st bike in 20 years, and getting it tomorrow. I ordered a Moto Elite Adventure X5 from BD. Been looking for a bike for a while now, and once I saw the price I thought how the hell can I go wrong. I will be putting it together tomorrow, and don't care how cold it is! :?) Anyways great to be on here, and will be looking foward to getting as much info I can, and help out wherever I can.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    New as well. Looking into motobecane bikes on BD. LBS is just too expensive for a first bike. Looking at the 550ht, or 400/450ht. Not really considering the elite trail series because it looks more like xc bike than tearing it up on single trail. i just get the feeling that I am going to be rough on my first bike because I'm excited about the sport, not to mention the price of the 550ht on sale at 350 (which is was 440 i believe) sounds really good to me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hello gentlemen,

I was looking into these Motobecane Adventure's and I'm in the pickle between getting a 15.5" or 17.5". I am just under 5'8" and have a 30" inseam (I believe, based on my pants..). Based on your experienced knowledge, which one would you think would fit me better?

Also, if I were to compare the Motobecane Adventure's, are there any bikes that would match or beat this bike in value? Or is it the best for the price?

Thanks

DUDE

DUDE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3