mtbr member
    Mar 2012

New at this upgrading bike suspension stuff....

ooookay... so I own a Fantom trail ds and recently decided to upgrade from the stock coilover shock to a RS monarch rt3....before buying It I contacted BD and asked them about the mounting hardware for this shock. they replied and said that the stock ones on the bike will work with the new shock. However, today i received the new shock and when i installed the bushings there is some play and everything does not fit very snug.

so... being that i am new at all this stuff i was wondering if anyone already knows what mounting kits fit this bike ....i have read some other threads and seen where people explain how to measure it but I don't quite get it....

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have the same bike and also upgraded my rear shock. I can't speak directly to the monarch since I upgraded with a fox and it was a few years ago, but what I do remember was that I called fox directly and told them the bike I had and the shock I had and they told me exactly what kit I needed. Maybe you can do the same with RS? By the way, great idea to get rid of that crappy coil shock, this will make a huge difference.