Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

New Motobecanes - first impressions?

Although their new "HAL" bikes are pre-order and nobody has actually seen one or ridden one yet, I have to admit that this is a lot of bike for the price. At $2000, the HAL6 Pro really has some legit componentry. The frame is clearly another Kinesis design, and with the patent expiration on the linkage, the knucklebox rear suspension should be top-notch.

Not too high on the colors they chose for the Pro, that would have been great in flat black.

Save Up to 60% Off 27.5 Six Inch Travel All Mountain Shimano DynaSys, 2016 Motobecane HAL6 PRO Edition 27.5 / 650B Full Suspension Mountain Bikes Shimano Deore XT / XTR 20 Speed Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes Rockshox Pike 160mm Forks | Shimano Dyn

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    i'm interested. even the EXPERT level seems to be quite the bang for the buck. could pick it up and go tubeless + dropper post for under 2k.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zcmack View Post
    i'm interested. even the EXPERT level seems to be quite the bang for the buck. could pick it up and go tubeless + dropper post for under 2k.
    Truth. . .and that one is available in flat black! :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    So after trying a friends specialized stumpjumper FSR Expert that he was borrowing from the LBS Ive been wanting a new bike, that short ride really ruined everything!. That bike was beautiful and easily climbed better than my junky old hard tail. Being an ex-cross country racer I really could appreciate that, and in a full suspension even!. Unfortunately i've been shocked by the prices when I realized that bike was over $6k from the LBS!! Ive researched and learned a ton over the last month and read most of the posts on here regarding motobecanes and particularly the 6by6 pro. Last week I finally decided to go for it and order a 6by6 pro. 2 days later, I checked the bikes direct site and saw the new Hal6 Pro. ! The spec sheet is amazing and it LOOKS extra cool too haha. I checked the geometry specs provided and they were very close to the 6by6 which, as you all probably know by now are right there when compared with other high end brand trail bikes (I compared with the new YT Jeffsy geo #'s as well) The new Chainstay on the hal6 is even 5mm shorter than the 6by6 which is supposedly a good thing for climbing, which I like to do, so with the lockout rear shock I decided to go for it and be one of the 1st to try a hal6. I emailed bikes direct and told them to cancel my 6by6 order. They immediately replied, cancelled my already in transit order (on its way to me in Hawaii) and rerouted the box back to them. Guess how much extra they charged me. ZERO! so far epic customer service. My 46cm Mantis green (yeah I actually love the color) Hal6 Pro has been paid for and will be shipped the middle of next month!

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...tain-bikes.htm

Meanwhile my friend has opted to go for the 2016 specialized stumpjumper fsr comp 29 for $2900 plus tax for all the reasons mentioned in other bikes direct threads (no local help, hassle for warranty stuff etc etc.). The Hal6 blows doors spec-list wise on the specialized bike and is actually more inline with the $4300 FSR Elite, See link:

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bi...lite-29/106984

actually the Hal 6 still wins out over this bike as far as rear shock and brakes are concerned. From what Ive read, heavy but strong wheels, no dropper seatpost, and a stupid looking saddle are things I may be dealing with when I get my new bike.

I will be doing a full review comparo of our 2 new bikes once we each have our rides. Including some hard climbs and gnarly descents where me and my buddy will switch bikes and give our impressions of each ones pluses and minuses. I admit I am brand new to full suspension riding but ive been mountain biking since the 1st mountain bikes came out. I still remember my yellow montagna!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Hal6 Specialized stumpy battle warming up

So my friend just called me as he was a bit dismayed over the spec list my Hal6 will have compared to his more expensive stumpy (better everything haha). He called the bike shop where they told him that the motobecane will come with last years components and is NOT a good bike. It was an easy kill for the LBS, my friend kept his order, and was trying to talk me out of the Hal.. this will be interesting..
    Last edited by Cc in Hawaii; 04-20-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: multiple posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    New Motobecanes - first impressions?-hal6-pro-grn-21.jpgthe green!
    Last edited by Cc in Hawaii; 04-20-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: multiple posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Hal 6 on the way!

Just got an email that my Hal6 Pro will be shipped on May 27th. Guess they are shipping later rather than sooner as the website says between May 10th and 27th.
    Last edited by Cc in Hawaii; 04-20-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: multiple posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Hal6pro Dark silver

New Motobecanes - first impressions?-hal6-pro-drkslv-21.jpgThe Silver!
    Last edited by Cc in Hawaii; 04-20-2016 at 07:28 PM. Reason: multiple posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I just pulled the trigger on the dark silver XL HAL6 pro. I've been shopping for a FSB for about a month now and shocks and components look good on this bike for the price.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I could be wrong but this bike looks like a combo of the 2016 and 2015 KHS SixFifty. Looks like a 2015 bike with the 2016 top tube.
    Redline D880
    Redline Conquest
    Breezer Thunder One
    Moto Boris
    GT Tequesta
    GT La Bomba
    Charge Grater
    Nashbar Carbon Roadie

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I ordered the dark silver and cannot wait for it to get here! Dropper post, wider bars, different grips, pedals, stem, maybe different tires and I think it'll be perfect. Waiting to hear back from BD about whether the dropper post routing is for a stealth or a normal one. I plan on having all the upgrades before the bike gets here.
    If the frame doesn't do it for me, the components are nice enough that I could grab a new frame for another $1000-1500 and swap it all over. I'm optimistic, though, so I think we'll be fine and the extra money will just go to beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jerlwe View Post
    I ordered the dark silver and cannot wait for it to get here! Dropper post, wider bars, different grips, pedals, stem, maybe different tires and I think it'll be perfect. Waiting to hear back from BD about whether the dropper post routing is for a stealth or a normal one. I plan on having all the upgrades before the bike gets here.
    If the frame doesn't do it for me, the components are nice enough that I could grab a new frame for another $1000-1500 and swap it all over. I'm optimistic, though, so I think we'll be fine and the extra money will just go to beer.
    Jerlwe - please post what you find out about the dropper post routing. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Ordered a Hal5 Comp the other day, hoping I get it sooner rather than later! It's getting pretty warm out :-|

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Strange.. my UPS tracking info says it's coming from Cycle Spectrum in Houston, I thought they were closed? Or maybe they closed their storefront and switched to a wholesale/retail distributor only?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    No 1by10 conversion? What about the seat??!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

The seat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cc in Hawaii View Post
    No 1by10 conversion? What about the seat??!
    Ha! 2by10 should suffice :P
    The seat might get swapped out depending on how comfy it is

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Droppper post

Quote Originally Posted by ndatube67 View Post
    Jerlwe - please post what you find out about the dropper post routing. Thanks!

Just received an email back from BD!
    It is for a standard dropper post, NOT a stealth. A bit of a letdown, but I'll get over it. At least it's sized at 31.6! That is good enough for me

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Just received an email back from BD!
    It is for a standard dropper post, NOT a stealth. A bit of a letdown, but I'll get over it. At least it's sized at 31.6! That is good enough for me
    Thanks for that info. Now just have to figure out which non-stealth dropper to go with....

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Thanks for that info. Now just have to figure out which non-stealth dropper to go with....

You bet! I'm between the KS LEV and Reverb.. or something cheaper that works very well!
    I have an X-fusion HILO on my hardtail. It doesn't work nearly as well as my buddie's Reverb, but I was able to pick it up for $175 and it still does a decent job!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Sorry I'm confused here on the stealth aspect, what does that mean? I see listings for a stealth reverb dropper on eBay. You're saying that will not be compatible with the Hals? There is a reverb NON stealth as well it sounds like?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Stealth means the cable is internally routed in the biycle frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Sorry I'm confused here on the stealth aspect, what does that mean? I see listings for a stealth reverb dropper on eBay. You're saying that will not be compatible with the Hals? There is a reverb NON stealth as well it sounds like?
    It's how the mechanism is actuated.
    Stealth = sexy
    non-stealth = not as sexy
    As long as you have good spandex it won't matter which is on the bike!

New Motobecanes - first impressions?-rockshox_reverb_stealth_back_l.jpgNew Motobecanes - first impressions?-rockshox-reverb-seatpost-zoom2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    It's where the mechanism is engaged.
    Stealth = sexy
    non-stealth = not as sexy
    Just where good spandex and it'll be okay!

New Motobecanes - first impressions?-rockshox_reverb_stealth_back_l.jpgNew Motobecanes - first impressions?-rockshox-reverb-seatpost-zoom2.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Sizing on the hals

So I had automatically ordered the 46cm Hal (18.1") since I am 5'10", with a 32" inseam, and the guy at the LBS had told me that I should be on an 18 or 18.5" bike. When I look on the sizings for the hal6 on the BD website I see they recommend the 44cm for 5'10". Is this because of the large travel on the Hal that they are sizing smaller? What sizes did everybody else order?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I'm 6'3.5" tall so my sizing will probably not help in your case. It was obvious that I needed the XL 50cm frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I went for the 44cm and I'm 5'8", but that's not the biggest factor. It's all about reach and your body size to get the perfect bike for you.
    I have a 2015 Motobecane Fantom Elite 29er and ended up going with the 15.5" frame(TINY, I KNOW!) but it feels great! The bike is pretty much all wheel, though it seems to fit me great. I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong choice with this next size up on the HAL6, but that's how it goes! I feel like I could ride either size comfortably. That being said, my friend has a 21" Kona Explosif and I can put some miles on that without too much discomfort, too. Though I can only drop the seat about 1" before it hits it's bottomed out.
    I guess I'd rather have a bike that's slightly too big than one that's too small.
    Just my .02

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    So Im really getting confused on this sizing stuff. I did some comparisons to the Giant trance 27.5 since that is a similar looking bike. The Giant sizing chart puts my 5'10" frame with a 32" inseam right in the middle of the chart for a medium (18"). Upon comparison of the geo #'s with the trance vs Hal6 though there are some weird things going on. I feel like the Hals are running big. Here are the geo links for each bike:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...5-hal6-geo.gif

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us...4044/#geometry

Here are the #'s broken down. I converted everything to inches for simplicity

Trance (18"M): Top tube 23.6 head tube 3.9 Wheel base 45.5 Stand over 28.1
    Hal6 (44cm M) 23.6 4.7 44.96 30.2
    Hal6 (46cm L) 24.2 5.1 45.94 31

One thing I really don't like about the Hal6 46cm is that the standover is only 31". with my 32" inseam that doesnt give me much room. Again, the BD website is recommending a M (44cm/17.3") as well but that just seems so small when Im being told at the bike shop that I need to be on a 18". .. HEEEEEELP. Really not sure what to do! Watts, get in there!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Sizing for bikes is not universal. Based on the size available for that model and the frame design you may ride a 17 or a 18. Just depends. If you are of average build go with what BD recommends for that bike. If you are buying another bike buy the bike size they recommend.

For instance I genrally ride a 54 for road bikes. But the way the Nashbar carbon is designed I ride a 52 in those. Bikes vary, the sizing is just a guide not meant to be a uniniversal fitting guide.
    Redline D880
    Redline Conquest
    Breezer Thunder One
    Moto Boris
    GT Tequesta
    GT La Bomba
    Charge Grater
    Nashbar Carbon Roadie

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Hal 6 sizing and crazy deal

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the input both about the dropper post explanations and the sizing advice. Getting into the modern biking world has been confusing for sure! After comparing many bikes, their geo #s and their specs to the Hal6 here are my conclusions: A guy my size, 5'10" with a 32" inseam, should definitely be on a medium (44cm) (as per the bd website recommendation you dummy!) The standard top tube for a guy my size on most mountain bikes is right around 600mm or 23.6" which is exactly what the Hal6 med is. Also looking at the geo #'s on the Hal these bikes DO run a bit tall. Most medium trail bikes have a standover of 28-29" the Hal6 med is 30" the large is 31" which is as much as 3" than many other large framed bikes in this category. However comparing geo#'s with the other bikes I really think this bike will perform well! Doing this final review I keep comparing these other bikes as far as components and value are concerned. It REALLY IS true that the hal6pro compares with bikes around $4k and even more. The exception are the YT bikes that are comparable more in the $3500 range, but its not like those bikes are light at over 31lbs. I cant imagine the Hal being much more. Just have reaffirmed my happiness at this good deal and just wish they would hurry up and ship!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    You bet!
    I can understand the desire for wanting to know all the details and comparing the differences to other bikes, but that's how it goes when you order from an online retailer. You pay a LBS to make you feel comfortable and on the interwebs you're kind of jumping in(that's my opinion.) Remember, even if the frame doesn't fit you, you can buy a new frame for around $1K, swap it all over and still be well ahead of the bell-curve. BUT I'm young(28) and love to throw money at my bikes and too optimistic for my own good.
    I'm on the fence of how soon I want to get mine. Part of me wants it right NOW(and that's a big part of me!), but the other part of me wants to wait patiently for another 5 weeks. I feel this way for two reasons: I need to stay focused on school for the next 7 weeks until the quarter is over and also want to keep riding my hardtail 29er before it starts collecting dust!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I also wouldn't pay too much attention to the stated stand over height. With the way that top tube slopes I highly doubt the stand over is that much. I am 5'11" and have a 32" inseam as well but I went with the large as I was more concerned with the top tube length and wanted something that wasn't cramped but didn't stretch me out too far forward either. I would go sit on a trance at the lbs and get a feel for what seems more comfortable and try using those specs to match the hal6 size.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jrglenni View Post
    I also wouldn't pay too much attention to the stated stand over height. With the way that top tube slopes I highly doubt the stand over is that much. I am 5'11" and have a 32" inseam as well but I went with the large as I was more concerned with the top tube length and wanted something that wasn't cramped but didn't stretch me out too far forward either. I would go sit on a trance at the lbs and get a feel for what seems more comfortable and try using those specs to match the hal6 size.
    Agreed jrg, I had gone to the trek dealer here a while back and sat on and rode the fuel 7.it was a 17.5" frame and seemed small and the shop owner said I definitely needed an 18.5. This is what started all the confusion to begin with! Later, looking at the trek bike website I saw that the fuels are sized in a wacky way. A frame they call a 17.5" is actually a 16.5" by the seat tube measurement. No wonder it felt so small! Meaning the bike shop owner was actually recommending a 17.5" actual frame size. Bikes direct was no help at all, I emailed them a question about the sizing last week and never heard back so eventually I just sent an email titled "urgent order change" and let them know i would like to change my order from the 46 to the 44. All I got back was a message with the new size being shown as my order so I guess it's done. Jrg, we both now are on the recommended size of Hal for our height, although I still have to wonder how that small one inch of clearance at your crotch area is going to feel lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    although I still have to wonder how that small one inch of clearance at your crotch area is going to feel lol.
    That's my point though... I don't think it's actually going to be a 1" clearance. Sure, at some point along the tube it will be that high, but with the way it slopes aggressively, you will have way more than that the farther back you stand over it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jrglenni View Post
    That's my point though... I don't think it's actually going to be a 1" clearance. Sure, at some point along the tube it will be that high, but with the way it slopes aggressively, you will have way more than that the farther back you stand over it.
    I think the stand over clearance was measured directly over the bottom bracket. Remember guys, the stand over clearance is based on flat ground. If you're mountain biking chances are the ground below won't be perfectly level.
    Last edited by jerlwe; 05-08-2016 at 11:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    That's what I was thinking on stand over but I hhope nt

mtbr member
    May 2016
    After spending hours at 2 LBSs and REI, I'll definitely be ordering a Hal6, I just can't decide between the expert or pro. I don't think I need 160mm travel, but it seems like the pro is even more bang for the buck than the 150mm expert. $2000 is pretty much at my budget, which means no money for possible upgrades. Any thoughts? Should I be considering the weight difference?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Ernest View Post
    After spending hours at 2 LBSs and REI, I'll definitely be ordering a Hal6, I just can't decide between the expert or pro. I don't think I need 160mm travel, but it seems like the pro is even more bang for the buck than the 150mm expert. $2000 is pretty much at my budget, which means no money for possible upgrades. Any thoughts? Should I be considering the weight difference?
    Thanks
    What weight difference are you referring to? Did you find any numbers!? That would be awesome if you did.
    I feel you on not needing that amount of travel, but the pike sealed the deal for me. Also, 10mm = 0.39in so I figured the difference would be negligible. I'm usually wrong, though, based on my experience. haha.
    I always leave room for upgrades, so maybe the expert is the way to go for you? I demand a dropper post on my bikes(NEVER try using one if you can't afford buying one, I learned the hard way) and those are $200-$500. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them, though!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    No, I haven't seen any specifics on weight, and now that I'm looking, the weight differences between the forks and shocks is minimal, so weight shouldn't be a factor overall. And I completely agree, the pike would be the reason for the upgrade (although the lime green is pretty badass...), definitely seems to be a consensus it's the better fork. I'm gonna sit on it for a day and update when I order. Thanks jer

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    No, I haven't seen any specifics on weight, and now that I'm looking, the weight differences between the forks and shocks is minimal, so weight shouldn't be a factor overall. And I completely agree, the pike would be the reason for the upgrade (although the lime green is pretty badass...), definitely seems to be a consensus it's the better fork. I'm gonna sit on it for a day and update when I order. Thanks jer
    I couldn't agree more about the green, I was surprised that most ppl so far have been ordering the dark silver pro. After doing tons of research over the last month when I saw the Hal pro and its spec list it was a no-brainer for the me. It has over $1100 worth of rockshox components on the bike alone! Have u checked out the (rear shock) monarch plus rc-3 stats? It's a seriously nice shock, basically the top of the line. Add to that better brakes, shifters, and dérailleurs (xtr rear!) and it's just a crazy deal. Even the rear cassette is better on the pro. One thing to note is that the pike is the RC model and not the rct-3 version with adjustable travel and 3 position lockout lever. Who needs upgrades with such a spec list? Seriously!

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Question about the cassette: is an 11-36T 10 speed cassette adequate for a 1x10 conversion? Seems like you could be limited in your range for climbing/bombing. Also, can you clarify the adjustability of the fork and rear shock? There is some degree of on the fly adjustability and/or lockout, correct? The picture makes clear that there are definitely some blue paddles on both.
    But yes! The bike is awesomely spec'd. You might be convincing me to go pro...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Answer about the cassette: No! I actually did some research about this And most ppl switching to a 1x10 setup usually go to a 32t front chainring which is exactly the same size as the middle chainring on the standard 3x10 setups. So you tell me, can you climb the steepest stuff around in your lowest gear on the middle chainring? doubtful. Luckily both sunrace and praxis offer 10 gear rear cassettes that go 11-40, or even 11-42 which then gets you into the proper gearing range for steep climbs. I actually started another thread all about this but didn't get much help. What I do know is the long cage xtr rear derrailleur included on the pro WILL work with the cassette conversion to an 11-40, not sure if it will work on the 11-42, and don't think it will work on an 11 speed rear cassette conversion, but I'm not positive on that either. Way to find something to spend some money on!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Answer about the cassette: No! I actually did some research about this And most ppl switching to a 1x10 setup usually go to a 32t front chainring which is exactly the same size as the middle chainring on the standard 3x10 setups. So you tell me, can you climb the steepest stuff around in your lowest gear on the middle chainring? doubtful. Luckily both sunrace and praxis offer 10 gear rear cassettes that go 11-40, or even 11-42 which then gets you into the proper gearing range for steep climbs. I actually started another thread all about this but didn't get much help. What I do know is the long cage xtr rear derrailleur included on the pro WILL work with the cassette conversion to an 11-40, not sure if it will work on the 11-42, and don't think it will work on an 11 speed rear cassette conversion, but I'm not positive on that either. Way to find something to spend some money on!
    As far as the adjustability of the front and rear shocks it's all there (I think) and on the fly, with the exception of the travel adjustment on the pike but most forks don't have that anyway. You could still disassemble the pike and change the travel to less if you wanted. From everything I've read the blue lever on both front and rear shocks offer different levels of lockout with one extreme being totally open and the other extreme being fully locked (or close to) I guess the 3 position lockout levers are considered Better? so I'm not sure why the monarch plus doesn't have that option since it's so top of the line.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Just ordered the expert! I was hesitant on the sea foam green, but felt the funk was warranted coming from my current flat black bike. Tough choice with how great the pro is, but again, coming from a cheap HT 29er, the expert is still gonna feel incredible. $400 more in my pocket feels nice too.. Thanks all for the input.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Same here, the expert is going to be way above and beyond my current bike. Sure the extra $400 would have bought some nice upgrades but the stuff that's on the expert is really good too so no biggie to me, I'll keep the leftover cash.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Shipment window starts today for these bikes. My email from BD says "Shipped on 5/27/16" but hopefully they will ship sooner!

mtbr member
    Question about the cassette: is an 11-36T 10 speed cassette adequate for a 1x10 conversion? Seems like you could be limited in your range for climbing/bombing. Also, can you clarify the adjustability of the fork and rear shock? There is some degree of on the fly adjustability and/or lockout, correct? The picture makes clear that there are definitely some blue paddles on both.
    I am running a 1x10 setup with a 32T in the front and an 11-36 rear on my current Fantom DS Team. It's fine, and I have never run into a climb I couldnt do. I am usually in 2nd or 3rd for 95% of my climbs. I've rarely run out of pedal bombing either. Obviously its not ideal and I am jealous of my wifes 1x11 X1 drive but it works just fine.

Since this bike is a 27.5, you drop the chainring to a 30T, and you pretty much have the same ratios as I do.
    2015 Intense Carbine 29
    2013 Motobecane Fantom Team DS

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Shipment window starts today for these bikes. My email from BD says "Shipped on 5/27/16" but hopefully they will ship sooner!

My Reply this morning straight from BD:

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    As it turns out, we have no new info as of yet.
    They are due in by the 27th and we will email everyone
    as soon as they show up
    Thanks again,
    Karla

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Mon, May 9,

Hi Karla, any news yet on shipping date for the hals? I'm so excited.

C

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Highly useful article!

Tech: Deep dive on 1×10 narrow/wide conversion gearing - Mtbr.com | Page 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    So you tell me, can you climb the steepest stuff around in your lowest gear on the middle chainring?
    Interesting... I haven't really given much thought to swapping out the gearing before but I do typically leave my current 3x8 drivetrain in the middle gear upfront for the whole ride and only shift the rear gears. I can climb the steepest stuff just fine but then again they aren't usually very extended climbs so I don't get fatigued by the time I reach the top. I do notice on the descents though that I need more gear and this is on a 29" tire. I'm especially curious to see how the 2x10 setup and 27.5" tires affect my climbing (as well as the shorter wheelbase and more weight-back geometry), and it will be interesting to see how my shifting changes since I wont have a middle gear to stay in up front any more. It might be worth looking in to doing a 1x11 in the future...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Luckily both sunrace and praxis offer 10 gear rear cassettes that go 11-40, or even 11-42 which then gets you into the proper gearing range for steep climbs. I actually started another thread all about this but didn't get much help. What I do know is the long cage xtr rear derrailleur included on the pro WILL work with the cassette conversion to an 11-40, not sure if it will work on the 11-42, and don't think it will work on an 11 speed rear cassette conversion, but I'm not positive on that either.
    I wish some of the more experienced guys would weigh in on this stuff for those of us considering a 1x10 conversion!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast