mtbr member
    Jul 2004

new to the motobecane scene

I just moved to the SF bay area, so I was looking for an XC bike. I was considering some of the HT models in the "fantom" line, as well as the 29er fantom that was ~$800.

Anyhow, sometimes the bike just finds you: Since that microsoft live cash back thing was active on ebay again, I ended up getting a Fantom Comp DS for about $650 shipped once its all said and done.

I wasn't in the market for a squishy, and I realize it's an "entry" level to DS bikes, but I thought it was a pretty good deal and took the plunge. The bike had some changes from what's usually listed on BD though - wheels and tires changed to vuelta XRP comps and WTB velociraptors respectively. Haven't taken it out for a spin yet, hope to soon.

n507348782_1702440_8898.jpg

Bushwacker
    Looks nice and welcome to the area. I just rode El Corte De Madera on Sunday. It's a great single track park and you should be all over it with that bike. Here's a couple of fun staircases on the Tanzanita Trail.

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

mtbr member
    May 2007
    hahaha looked at that one but decided on the hardtail Fly that was up there. good deal on the live cashback, though I couldn't also get my 10% coupon to work dangit! still waiting on delivery of mine- ups went from a week delivery to almost 2. grrr