The perfessor

The new build is almost ready...

Just put this together - waiting on a chain tensioner in the mail and hoping that the trail will be dry by Friday.........new wheels are in the works (tubeless this time).......I think the build will be about 23 lbs. when finished.............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The new build is almost ready...-imag0124.jpg  

Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

The perfessor
    4 rides in, doing well and enjoying it immensely.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The new build is almost ready...-imag0132.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mr. Chrome, nice bike! what frame size? You say you like the ride....what do you like about it? thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Good job! Here is my Fly SS, i built up a White ENO wheelset to tackle the tensioning, been riding mine for a year now, love it

The perfessor
    what did you do to get your chain length right? - I've looked at the Gussett half links.......ahh, doesn't matter actually, I'm going to geared pretty soon cuz my old butt can't crank the big hills in the mountains.........got a full XT drive train coming from Chain Reaction Cycles for just over $200........pretty darn good sale they have going on at the moment...........

The perfessor
    Ok, what I like: lightweight compared to every other bike I've ever owned (25 lbs. even).....for a taller guy, I like the size a 29er presents - this frame size is a 19"; its actually a bit big even though I am 6'1".......actually glad to have front suspension again after going rigid on my SS for the last two years.......nice to be tubeless, and put my XT crank on for good measure..........I have a full XT drivetrain on the way - shifters, derailleurs, XTR chain (it was CHEAP), so the SS will disappear in favor of a ride to handle bigger mountains........I like being able to stand up when climbing instead of bobbing around on my 26" FSR........that said, if I were going to keep it SS, I would buy the Gussett 1/2 link to get the right chain tension and get rid of the tensioner - I get tired of dropping the chain and having to put it back on.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The new build is almost ready...-moto-ss.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Chrome, thanks for the review...enjoy your bike it's a beauty! Regards, Mark