mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Need sizing help for a Windsor Cliff 29er Comp

I looking into the Windsor Cliff 29er Comp and need help determining the correct size. I pretty sure a medium is what I need but want to make sure.

I'm 5'10" but probably closer to 5'11" w/ shoes. My inseam is about 31". On the Ebay listing I am looking at, 5'10" is the cut-off b/w S and M. Considering I may be slightly taller and am 17 and could potentially grow some more I figured M. However, I've been hearing these frames run large. Is medium still what I should go with?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Definitely a medium or even a large. Not a small. Look at the Top Tube length and compare it to a bike that fits you.
    Sizes are center to top at the clamp. I am under 5'9" and ride the 19".

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    For what it's worth, the Cliff 29er Comp frames do run big. According to the website (http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/c29_geo.htm) the stand over height on the small is 30.9 inches while the medium is 31.77 inches...meaning might be too close for comfort on the "medium" if your inseam is 31". I'd say if you're 5'11" your inseam is prob more than 31", but measure and see (you might try this link for some specifics: http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-tools/frame-sizer). Your accurate inseam compared to the actual stand over height of the two frames should help you determine which frame to get.

In the end, though, it's just what you prefer and feel most comfortable on. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    They run big if you only look at small medium large. The medium is actually a 19" frame. The top tube length on their 19" is closer to that of most 17" frames. I am 5'11" and just bought the "medium" 19" frame. It fits me almost exactly the same as my 17" SE Stout. I would be looking more at top tube length than frame size. Standover is not that much different between the "small" and "medium". Just my 2 cents.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I emailed the seller on Ebay and told her what I posted here. She said she would probably go with the 17" (small). What you guys have told me though reaffirms my thought that I should go with the 19".

I took some more precise mesurements today. With shoes I'm 5'11" w/ an inseam of 33". So, I think I could clear either but should definitley go with medium especially since I may grow another inch or so. I much rather go too big than too small but I think M will be perfect.

Thanks for your help!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Sounds like a good choice. Also, if you're going to purchase it through ebay, don't forget to use Bing and get the 8% cashback. I just purchased the Cliff 29er Pro and rec'd $52.80 back...I definitely recommend it. Ordered it on Sunday, shipped on Monday, delivered today (Wednesday). Check out Pulled the trigger Windsor Cliff 29 PRO! for a little bit more detail on that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Awesome thanks! I'm probably going to order next week.