Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

My Motobecane 300HT!

13K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  dvsjes28 
#1 ·
Well im new to this site and just bought my first decent mountain bike. Figured id share some pictures of it since I havent seen any around.
Yes they are bad cell phone quality my apologies. Everything is stock except the headlight, tailight and bottle holder I added. Old ones I had laying around. Im real happy with the bike. Especially since it was 259 and change delievered to my door. Plan to just upgrade as the cheaper components break but so far its working flawlessly. No problem with bikes direct even though I was alittle skeptical at first. Glad I purchased it and probably about to go riding since its 75 here! gotta love florida winter.

See less See more
#10 ·
Hey, couple of questions for you on the sizing:

You mention it is a 19". How tall are you? How does the bike fit? Would it be possible to take a few measurements?

I'm thinking of getting a Moto very soon here, but I'm agonizing over the frame size - not sure if I should get a 17" or a 19" (I'm 5'7.5"), and I'm not sure how accurate the geometry details are on the website or where they are measuring from.

Moto makes an 18", but you have to pay just under $600 to get it!

#12 ·
Thanks for your feedback! That makes me feel a little better in terms of what size to get. I currently ride a 19" Giant Roam, and that is fine for distance rides, but I know when you go off road, bikes need to be smaller. Sounds like you would be an ideal candidate for an 18"!

#14 ·
Well the 300 is still riding strong. I ditched the HEAVY rst front fork and replaced it with a rigid surly 1x1. So much weight saved in the front end. I also made it a 1x7 and removed the the front shifter brake assembly. I left the front derailer cage as a chainguide for now until I buy a single speed ring and a real chainguide.

#16 ·
Ehhh, I quickly realized the front fork sucked. My own fault bcs I like to jump just about everything I see as I ride. I started looking into a new fork and to get something decent was going to cost me more then the bike did. Since im still young and can handle a rigid set up I just got the 1x1 bcs it was 65 bux to my house. I guess its just an Urban commuter now. I live in florida so its not like I need 21 speeds. I havent left the 2nd ring up front since I got the bike so I just ditched it all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.