Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Moto 700HT

mtbr member

My Moto 700HT

is here in Memphis (my home) but won't be delivered until tomorrow!

Can't wait to get it put together. Unfortunately, suppose to rain the next few days.

Hope the assembly goes smoothly. Not worried about assembly, but a little about getting everything tuned/adjusted. The derailleur is a little intimidating, but the video seems pretty straight forward.

Pics...soon!

mtbr member
    :/. Watching the UPS tracking online and my bike went from Memphis, where I LIVE, to Nashville, 3 hours east of here, to hopefully come back west to Memphis, where I LIVE!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Would love to hear about the bike. I am new here and looking to get one to complement my New Year's workout program. We have a greenway trail that backs up to my neighborhood. I would love to be able to bike 15 miles or so on it 2-3 times a week.

I went to my local bike store and they want to get me in a $3000 bike. I told them I would just by a cheap used car for that much.

mtbr member
    I'll try to do a review, take some pics while assembling as well. I'll will do it in this thread.

According to UPS, it made it's trip back to Memphis early this morning from Nashville, and is on the truck for delivery!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    BigRedNole,
    This would be a great bike for greenway rides and some light trail work. Very flexible platform.
    Save up to 60% off new Road Bikes - Gravity Liberty 2 | Save up to 60% off new road bikes

mtbr member
    It made it in. Box in decent condition. UPS guy walked in without it. I think he wanted me to come out and get it. He knew what I was and told me to enjoy it.
    Trying to open the box quietly, but the boss is next door, suppose to be working!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by db09jku View Post
    It made it in. Box in decent condition. UPS guy walked in without it. I think he wanted me to come out and get it. He knew what I was and told me to enjoy it.
    Trying to open the box quietly, but the boss is next door, suppose to be working!

I bet you're about to die to open that box.

mtbr member
    I opened it! My boss came in and was asking about it and how I was going to put it together. He got distracted and left!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I opened it! My boss came in and was asking about it and how I was going to put it together. He got distracted and left!
    Post up some pics when you get it together. I'm looking at the 700HT and the Fantom Comp.

mtbr member
    Everything going fine. Not much in the way of directions. The front disc brake needs to be installed on the wheel. Looks easy enough but I'm over analyzing things. I'm an analyst by nature. Not good sometimes!

Had to stop and eat and go pick up. Kid from practice. Will continue a little later.

mtbr member
    Well I'm done. Total time a little over an hour. Brakes are close to being adjusted where I want them. Getting some vibrations in the derailleur with spinning the cranks with the wheel off the ground. It's pouring outside and we even have lightening. Bike seems solid, solid, welds are clean. No scratches anywhere except one on the forks, near the preload dial. Not a big deal. I can uses sharpie or some model paint to cover it. It is tiny.

the scratch. See its very small.

mtbr member
    Once it stops raining, I'll be able to adjust everything. I'm a little concerned about the derailleur but it late and I'm going to bed. If I can't get it adjusted, I'll take it up to the LBS. Very happy, I rode it through the house and it feels great, great fit.
    Last edited by db09jku; 01-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    I bought my 700HT 2 years ago, when I first started mountain biking. It continues to be a great bike. Out of the box, the brakes and derailleurs only needed minor adjustments.

Make sure you tighten every bolt on the bike. I didn't notice the bar clamp bolts on the stem were loose until halfway through my first trail ride, as the bar slowly began to twist toward me. Fortunately, I had purchased the multitool along with the bike and had it with me.

Enjoy your new ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Once it stops raining, I'll be able to adjust everything. I'm a little concerned about the derailleur but it late and I'm going to bed. If I can't get it adjusted, I'll take it up to the LBS. Very happy, I rode it through the house and it feels great, great fit.
    Hey, thanks for the pics. What fork is that? Looks good. Different than the pictures on the website.

mtbr member
    They do look different, different paint, different stickers, but they are Dart 2's. I'll verify at lunch.

I think the bike is ready to go. My brakes are good, still need some adjustment probably once I get it out and see how they do. The gears, well I learned something new this morning, Cross Chaining. I've never heard of that. I thought my derailleur was out of tune, but this explains what it was doing last night perfectly. A little fine adjustment on my derailleur, again, after real world riding, and I"m good to go! Also need to go through every bolt and make sure all is tight.

I'll get some better pictures as well. Didn't realize how much my iPhone 3gs camera sucked in low light!

I did ride it a little last night....in the house.....after the wife and kids were in bed.....Few things I noticed, my balance was great on the bike, I could stand their on the pedals, and balance very easily, I could ride a wheelie a few cranks...yes in the house! I could take very tight corners in the kitchen at low speeds. My point is that the bike seems very well balanced, and it feels really good. I hope it stays that way out on the roads and trails.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhspapa View Post
    I bought my 700HT 2 years ago, when I first started mountain biking. It continues to be a great bike. Out of the box, the brakes and derailleurs only needed minor adjustments.

Make sure you tighten every bolt on the bike. I didn't notice the bar clamp bolts on the stem were loose until halfway through my first trail ride, as the bar slowly began to twist toward me. Fortunately, I had purchased the multitool along with the bike and had it with me.

Enjoy your new ride.
    Thanks, definitely going through and checking all my bolts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Looks awesome! What size did you get and how tall are you?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for all the info.

mtbr member
    Thanks. It's a 17", I'm 5'9, the US Army said I am 5'9", my wife, the nurse, says I'm not, I'm closer to 5'8".

mtbr member
    I just picked up a 600HT, but living in PA and cold weather approaching, no incentive to put it together just yet.

I did unpack everything to inspect for damage, and it appears identical to yours. I'm glad to hear adjustments were only minor.

mtbr member
    Yes they are Dart 2's

Nasty out today, high in 30's tomorrow with chance of snow. I'll ride it tonight, I don't care!
    Last edited by db09jku; 01-11-2012 at 10:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Rode it tonight. Rides well. Balance is good, size is great. Very tight and solid feeling. Tires seem to grip well. Saddle is not bad at all. This seat was actually recommended in another thread about, ummm, pain in guys!
    Adjustments are coming along slower than I had hoped. A lot closer but still some contact and vibes in the front derailleur. Got rid of most of it and there is none in the most gears, it happens in the largest chainring and larger sprockets. I'll figure it out. Also a whistling noise started in my front brakes after a half hour. It is slight but I can hear it. Will need some slight adjustments. This is fun and I enjoy learning as I dial it in. Patience. ...not my best quality!

I'm very happy so far and if I can't dial It in, I have found a LBS that have been great. Stopped by tonight had a great discussion. On of the guys said come up anytime and hang out. I live about 4 miles from the shop as well, which is a bonus!

hold my beer & watch this
    Jan 2007

700ht

In Memphis also, with a 700HT.
    Great bike, had mine 4 years and have had very little trouble.
    Only problem I had is I bent the seatpost, should have got the 19" and it would not stick out quite so far. (Maybe it was the roots at Stanky?)
    Converted mine to 1x9, no need for the front derailer in this area.
    You will get the hang of the cable adjustments after you do it a couple of times. Learn to do all the adjustments yourself, it is not rocket science, just a basic mechanical system.

mtbr member
    Greenline to Shelby Farms Blue Trail to Shady Grove To Home. 9 miles, 5 of which were trails. I got all the fine adjustments done with the help of a friend. I'm getting a "rubbing rubber" type sound from the front end, found that it is the rubber dust cover on the hubs rubbing the fork mount.

Anyway, pretty sore, great ride, had to out my feet down many times, push up a few hills, ran off the trail once...or twice . Slid out a few times in the mud, saw a deer, found out that I really really love this sport!

mtbr member
    Rode again today and saw another rider on a 700HT. We were passing and he didn't stop.
    Last edited by db09jku; 01-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast