mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Motobecane Graphics/Labeling question

Let me start off saying I own 3 Motobecane 29er frames (2 Fantom29s and 1 Outcast29 I bought in 2008. I have no complaints really about them, they seem pretty well made especially considering the price I paid at the time (about $100 a piece for the 2 Fantom29s and about $174 for the Outcast 29). I was trying to build them up to serve different purposes (the outcast is my wife's bike & the Fantoms- 1 hardtail & 1 rigid.). the only thing I didn't like is the Graphics/Logo on the frames. It looks too (generic?) to me (for lack of a better term). I wonder if motos would be more liked if they added more "style" to the lettering on the frames.Anybody out there agree with me? Just wondering...
    ---zarr
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well, like I said the frames are OK-It's just the Graphis that I don't like. The company logo on the downtube looks like you haven't taken the frame out of the box yet.It looks like it should be printed on the box for shipping purposes. Anybody know a place in the U.S. that has attractive & stylish company logos large enough to put on a downtube? The only thing I came up with so far is a place in the UK (graphicshack.co.uk). they let you have your choice of colors for various companie's logos as well as other stuff.So far I like Speciallized's graphics.i'll have a nice budget frame with some nice graphics,too. i'm thinking if doing the same thing to my Sette and Performance Access frames as well...(the gray 2010 Access 29er frame)
    Maybe a paint job for them as well, if I can find a reasonably priced painter.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Maybe some industrious mtn biker out there will come up with a set of wrap-around decals that can be applied to motos that will spruce the motos up, in the looks department..

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    BD bikes look pretty good. Some people like plain