mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Motobecane Fly Team 29 titanium frame weight.

Has anyone actually weighed the frame alone on the fly tapered head tube version? Post the weight and frame size please.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cc in Hawaii View Post
    Has anyone actually weighed the frame alone on the fly tapered head tube version? Post the weight and frame size please.
    Before I sent back the damaged frame I received I weighed it. Came in at 1800 grams for large Fly Team.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Dang robn30. Way to collect some data in The small amount of time you had that frame. That's not even that light is it? Btw, what was the total cost of the components going to be to build up that frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Dang robn30. Way to collect some data in The small amount of time you had that frame. That's not even that light is it? Btw, what was the total cost of the components going to be to build up that frame?
    $1,300 for all Shimano XT8000 1x11 setup. Here is a link to all the build components I'm using Ordered Ridgeline 29'er. Check out post 4.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    My large lynskey Pro 29 weighs around 1800g, my fly large is lighter... 1700 grams... I have a steel frame that is about 2200g..

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Thanks so much Robn. I hope you have more luck than you did with the fly team.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Oh thanks rajun, and which do you prefer?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Cc I forgot that I had to buy a fork for the Lynskey, since it didn't come with the deal like the Moto. So total parts for the build is actually $1,900. After RajunCajun44's listed weight, I'll recheck my log when I get home to make sure 1800 grams is correct. I weighed and logged every part that I ordered. The 1800 might have been with the headset and seat clamp included now that I think of it. I'll let you know. Titanium is definitely not as svelte as carbon, but I like the longevity of Titanium more. It's also second best to Magnesium when it comes to ride dampening and comfort.

mtbr member
    Oh thanks rajun, and which do you prefer?
    flip a coin... the lynskey seems to be just a little bit more compliant... but the motobecane seems to be more nimble on the climbing..

I can't tell the difference really...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun44 View Post
    I can't tell the difference really...
    Well, what use are you then? If you brought cake or chicken (must be fried), I could forgive you, but this is just unforgivable.

How about the ti vs. your steel frame? obviously the weight, but how about the handling/performance going downhill?
    "a hundred travel books isn't worth one real trip"

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    1800 grams was with seat clamp added but not the headset. I think the Moto would have been good if mine wasn't defective. Although I do like the fact that the Lynskey is a 12x142 thru axle. That isn't worth the extra cost of the Lynskey but the assurance that they wouldn't send me something with a fouled up bottom bracket shell is nice. It's hard for me to believe any major manufacturer would allow a frame with a BB like the one Moto sent me to leave there production plant. As I have said I never have seen anything like that before. The fact that ORA's QA would even allow that to leave the facility is disturbing. It is so glaringly bad. For those that have quality Moto's, I think they are enjoying them thoroughly.